The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

"A Beginning at Bleakrock" is still bugged a year later.

RogueShark
RogueShark
✭✭✭✭✭
PC NA.
Quest: "A Beginning at Bleakrock"
Quest Task: Explore Bleakrock Island

I made this bug report almost a year ago: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4370711#Comment_4370711
It was indicated that there would be a fix for this.
RogueShark wrote: »
I made a new character after Morrowind and instead of starting the main story quest right away, I just started questing and doing my own thing. I actually wound up going to Bleakrock and completing it entirely (saved everyone, etc) and completed quests in Stonefalls and Deshaan in full before I finally got around to going to talk to the benefactor and triggering the Coldharbour scene.

After completing the Coldharbour questline, I have a new quest in Davon's Watch available from Ruirik. He wants to send me to... Bleakrock! This starts the "A Beginning at Bleakrock" quest.

I am able to go to Bleakrock and talk to Rana, and she tells me where some of the townsfolk are...
Except they aren't there anymore. I'm in a phase where everyone is already saved and the buildings are burning, town is invaded, etc: I've already done all this.

The next step is to talk to Rana again, except it's not possible to do (so far as I can tell) because it wants me to talk to a phase or version of her that I cannot access any longer.

I also flippin' died from fall damage when leaving the Coldharbour area after saving the prophet, but we'll ignore that for now.

That was the initial report.
Now, RANA isn't bugged anymore. When I ported to Bleakrock, that part of the step auto-completed. Now, however, there are markers all over the island that I cannot interact with. I'm being asked to look for people to help all over Bleakrock. Well... I've already completed everything on Bleakrock. There's no one left for me to save. Everything is done. I cannot advance the quest. It's like it set me BACK several steps, telling me to find people to help around Bleakrock, when I've done that already.
PC NA
Will heal DPS for memes.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still bugged.
    Please have mercy, I've had this quest haunting me in my log for almost a year now, unable to proceed.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Right click and select abandon, then go back to town where a quest icon should appear

Then google a full list of quests for the island and just follow a quest walk through article to be sure you did them all

• RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abandoning it did nothing but ditch the quest. There's nowhere to pick it up now because I'm still in the completed phase. where the quest giver is not.
    That was/is the problem: everything on Bleakrock is already done. Everyone saved, the questline completed.
    When I zone in and out of Rana's office, there's a brief quest marker that appears on my compass, but it doesn't last.

Edit: Although now Ruirik doesn't try and give me the bugged quest again back in Davon's Watch... so maybe it doesn't matter if I can't pick anything up anymore. Don't think it would lead to anything I can't do now and I seem to have the achieves associated with it.
    Edited by RogueShark on July 21, 2018 9:08PM
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bit of a spooky one that :)
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was very bizarre! Thank you for the advice though. Even if it didn't let me "finish" the quest, the quest has now vanished into the void or something so it doesn't pop up on my screen anymore and be impossible to complete.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭
    Completing any zone story quests outside of your alliance before starting the Coldharbour quests do bug out.

Common sense should have prevented you from doing this.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ShellaSunshine

You of all people should know that common sense is not nearly as common as the name lets on.

#MutagenMatters
    Edited by RogueShark on October 10, 2019 6:24AM
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Sindarin
    Sindarin
    ✭✭✭
    2021 STILL BUGGED. and people really think that they are fix anything in that game? xD
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big oof. :(
    Did abandoning the quest "fix" it for you?
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.