The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Read a Letter from ESO’s Creative Director"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Read a Letter from ESO’s Creative Director. Check out our letter to the ESO community from ZeniMax Online Studio's Creative Director, Rich Lambert.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, this time when we get two new dungeons in a DLC, do you think we can skip the step where you guys make a new proc set that's all the rage in PVP until you finally nerf it a couple updates later?

Just saying, between Crutchgore and Zaan (and Sload's Semblance for Summerset) there's a bit of a habit forming here. I'm sure its great for your sales, but adding proc sets to the game and then taking forever to deal with their problems because you don't want to devalue the new content is an issue both in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds.

I'm excited for new DLC, but tired of getting new proc sets that won't be balanced until the new updates stop selling.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit wonders will these announcements be streamed yes?

Also will there be any more panel discussions broadcast - ever - like the delightful question and answer sessions from a year or two ago that for some reason were never again repeated ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now the important question - will there be a crown sale for BE3?
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is BE3?
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any Cyrodiil changes coming, Rich? Been a while since you stuck a flag in the ground, No?

Any stability / performance improvements coming, Rich? I thought your team was making incremental improvements, but Summerset performance is atrocious.

Any new proc sets we can look forward to, Rich? Your QA team did an amazing job with Sloads in Summerset.

How's that new PvP DLC going, Rich? It's been 3 years since IC so I'm sure this next one's gonna be a doozy.

Keep up the good work!
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    What is BE3?

Bethesda's E3 2018 press conference, June 10th.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad that there's confirmation we're getting two more DLC this year, some of my guildies thought it was one DLC and one QoL update. Any news on ESO Plus benefits being updated to reflect this year's missing fourth DLC, though? With the change to a "chapter" every year ESO Plus members are missing out on access to one promised DLC every year, and I believe the benefits of the subscription thus need a yearly pick-me-up like we got with the craft bag, extra housing and bank slots, etc.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Galateia
    Galateia
    ✭✭
    Great job on Summerset! Have to agree with Rich there, it's the best content yet.

Looking forward to BE3 Sunday.
    @Galatefica - NA/PC
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, this time when we get two new dungeons in a DLC, do you think we can skip the step where you guys make a new proc set that's all the rage in PVP until you finally nerf it a couple updates later?

Just saying, between Crutchgore and Zaan (and Sload's Semblance for Summerset) there's a bit of a habit forming here. I'm sure its great for your sales, but adding proc sets to the game and then taking forever to deal with their problems because you don't want to devalue the new content is an issue both in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds.

I'm excited for new DLC, but tired of getting new proc sets that won't be balanced until the new updates stop selling.

Quit whining. The proc sets are still good.
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    As usual I must be playing a different game as I don't see anything particularly different about Summerset, got just as many bugs and QA issues as the rest of the game.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quit whining. The proc sets are still good.

That's rather the problem. The proc sets are excellent.

My main objection is that ZOS now has a track record of introducing proc sets with new releases and taking forever to balance. I mean, we all know the nerfs are coming for certain sets...once the sales drop off. I dislike this habit of buffing sets for release and then nerfing them later once sales drop off. I think it would be better to release balanced sets in the first place.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert thanks for the post. My wife and I agree that Summerset is your best content so far, so kudos to your team. I wish Jewelry Crafting was a bit less grindy but hopefully you will do some fine tuning to make the improvement mats a bit easier to acquire.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exciting! :) And I am very happy with Summerset, it is indeed one of the most beautiful zones so far! And I especially love Artaeum as well!
    GPNhitt.png
    lfclzq7.png
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although people were complaining that Summerset area mass seemed small, you have to also consider the content. There is plenty to do here, great dialog, quests that are more imaginative, and the art is fantastic! I found it worth the money of purchase. Now... please work on the items in the Crown Store and give us creations that imaginative as well and not just a re-hash. Doing that will certainly benefit your pocketbooks!
  • dark.fail.tempeb17_ESO
    dark.fail.tempeb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Proc or buffing sets are good exactly until the moment when the ZOS will not need to release a new dlc/chapter. After all, as practice shows - instead of analyzing and adjusting the balance, it's much easier nerf old sets for the sake of justifying new ones.

My wife and I did not like Summurset because the owners of the chapter get a game advantage over the other players in the branch of the Psijic skill line and we refused to ECO + out of the terrible dlc in 17/18.
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now *that* is a short letter.
    Compacted: 2 DLCs this year, more info @ E3
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To cheer up!
    • Q3: Spellcrafting (Free update, like Homestead)
    • Q4: Zone DLC

Obs.: We already had a Dungeon DLC this year. It's good already, right?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not everyone agrees with you, some of us like new sets and new challenges every ptach.
    maybe you could mention you are speaking for yourself or your group of friends.
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS history lesson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h2XL-vDfRc

ESO history lesson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks8_KGHqmO4&feature=youtu.be
    3 and a half years old, but still relevant. (Skip to 4:26!)

Sooo, get ready for Murkmire! Q4 2018. 3 years and 6 months later, just like ZOS promised.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Turlisley
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not everyone agrees with you, some of us like new sets and new challenges every ptach.

I am speaking for myself. If you want to advocate for new proc sets in PVP that eventually get rebalanced to address their problems (most apparent right now with Earthgore and the adjustments ZOS keeps making) once sales of the new update drop off, you are more than welcome to. I'll disagree, of course, because I think its an unhealthy cycle for PVP, but hey, its a forum. We can disagree.

Edited for clarity.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 10, 2018 12:10AM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Expect to see more dungeon content every year, including two in 2018."
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26275

Whether that means two dungeons total or two dungeon game packs is a little vague.
    Edited by Acrolas on June 10, 2018 12:23AM
    signing off
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To cheer up!
    • Q3: Spellcrafting (Free update, like Homestead)
    • Q4: Zone DLC

If Q3 is "spellcrafting" then it will also be a Dungeon DLC.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am speaking for myself. If you want to advocate for new proc sets in PVP that eventually get rebalanced to address their problems (most apparent right now with Earthgore and the adjustments ZOS keeps making) once sales of the new update drop off, you are more than welcome to. I'll disagree, of course, because I think its an unhealthy cycle for PVP, but hey, its a forum. We can disagree.

Edited for clarity.

thank you for explanation and clarification, and your right, we can disagree and its good.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    turlisley wrote: »
    ZOS history lesson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h2XL-vDfRc

ESO history lesson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks8_KGHqmO4&feature=youtu.be
    3 and a half years old, but still relevant. (Skip to 4:26!)

Sooo, get ready for Murkmire! Q4 2018. 3 years and 6 months later, just like ZOS promised.

Murkmire confirmed, Q4 2018!

Called it! Predicted it 1 day in advance, posted June 9th, confirmed on June 10th! LOL! :lol::lol::lol:

Matt Firor, ESO Game Director, accounced a dungeon DLC for Q3 2018 and Murkmire story/zone for Q4 2018 on #BE3
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on June 11, 2018 2:06AM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murkmire confirmed, Q4 2018!

Called it! Predicted it 1 day in advance, posted June 9th, confirmed on June 10th! LOL! :lol::lol::lol:

Uh huh. :smile:

We watched the Murkmire trailer for months, on repeat, every ESO Live, until we all got bored watching it. Although, I never got tired of the music that went with it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus