The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Finally completed my first Vet Dungeon.

BozzyTheDrummer
BozzyTheDrummer
✭✭✭✭
I am pretty happy about this. A couple weeks ago, I tried veteran City of Ash 2 with my friends, and we failed. Tried again with a PUG group, got to the end and was kicked (I understand why, wasn't doing nearly enough damage, so not salty about it)

Well, the last couple weeks, been working real hard on my sorcerer. Been having issues doing enough damage, and was having a really hard time staying alive. I followed the advice from some of you on here, fine tuning my character. Was able to have some pieces of the Julianos set crafted for me (up to purple for now) 3 armor pieces of Julianos and 2 Julianos lightning staves. I was able to buy two gold shock enchants for them for maximum power lol. I have three Necropotence jewelry pieces and 2 necro armor pieces. Once the update comes, my staves will count as two pieces so i'll have 5/5 julianos and currently have 5/5 necro. Also have the Valkyn Skoria set equipped.

Anyway, been practicing my rotation and skills on a 3 million health test dummy. Now, a couple weeks ago, it took me 6 and a half minutes to kill it, only doing just under 4k DPS. Now, as of last night, I was able to kill the dummy in 2 minutes and 54 seconds, dealing 17,327 DPS.

Now, feeling a little more confident in my damage output, I decided to queue into veteran crypt of hearts 1, because I want to get the Ilambris set now. I joined a PUG group after about thirty minutes of waiting, and it was the most smooth run I have ever done in a dungeon. We were in and out in under 30 minutes and I don't believe anyone died at all. Super awesome group of people.
Edited by BozzyTheDrummer on June 4, 2018 3:47PM
Xbox NA
CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • KittyVonPurr
    Congrats
  • xcalibur007
    xcalibur007
    ✭✭
    Congrats on your first vet dungeon completion.

On a side note, the final boss in city of ash 2 can still be finish with low dps.
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭

On a side note, the final boss in city of ash 2 can still be finish with low dps.

I think my issue I had most with that boss (despite my DPS being extremely low) was staying alive, watching my movements and staying out of the lava. In regular CoA2, we melt Valkyn Skoria in no time. My try in Veteran, my attacks were doing very little and I wasn't really contributing to the overall damage as the rest of the group, and I kept dying very early in the fight, either being knocked into the lava, or being one shotted because I slipped on my rotation and forgot to apply my buffs/shields.

Kind of intimidated to re-try vCoA2 lol
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats :#

And thats quite a nice increase in numbers over just a few days.
    Work on your rotation and you'll be hitting it out of the park in no time at all.

And I'm very glad that you had a good experience finishing your 1st vet Dungeon, so many horror stories on here recently about PUG groups.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! Tbh City of Ash 2 is a terrible choice for a first vet dungeon, it's one of the harder base game dungeons.

As for damage, don't forget that DPS comes in layers, so you need to stack damage from area of effect, damage over time and direct damage to succeed. And once you got that down, work some light and heavy attack in between each.
    Edited by gabriebe on June 5, 2018 12:34PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd start with some of the other Vet dungeons first, as they can be a little more forgiving.

CoA II was one of the original "Hard dungeons" when it first came out - very few people could clear it for a long time. It requires a lot more coordination than some.

Do some of the others (steer completely clear of the DLC's) and you'll get more in tune with your character, mechanics, and adjusting to your group in general.

Then later, you can go back to CoA II and it will feel much different.

Good luck, and keep at it!
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like awesome progress!

That's all it takes, the willingness to learn.
  • xcalibur007
    xcalibur007
    ✭✭

I think my issue I had most with that boss (despite my DPS being extremely low) was staying alive, watching my movements and staying out of the lava. In regular CoA2, we melt Valkyn Skoria in no time. My try in Veteran, my attacks were doing very little and I wasn't really contributing to the overall damage as the rest of the group, and I kept dying very early in the fight, either being knocked into the lava, or being one shotted because I slipped on my rotation and forgot to apply my buffs/shields.

Kind of intimidated to re-try vCoA2 lol

Don't get intimidated with vet dungeons. Start with some of the easier dungeons, the 1 versions. The more you do it, the more confidence you'll have, the better you'll be. If you're pc na, I can help you with the dungeon.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good on you.

For ages I was too scared to step foot in them. I always assumed they were too hard.

About 10 days ago I thought sod it. I’ll try vet rather than normal for my daily pledges.

I now have 13 different monster helms. I think I’ve completed all but one I’ve tried.

I’m tanking though, so I think that actually helps. My job is more engaging than trying to do perfect rotations.

Just be willing to learn and don’t be scared then you’ll find they are quite possible. Heck if you get a decent group they are easy.

Oh all of them have been hardmodes too. No DLC vets though. Not sure I want to try those on PS4.
    Edited by Guppet on June 7, 2018 5:08PM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats. I've only started doing vet dungeons regularly over the last month. I did a few around launch, but even when we completed them I felt like I was stuggling. I put in the effort to properly gear my tank and it has made a tremendous difference.

One thing that is still weird as a tank is that I'm usually leading and I don't know all the shortcuts in dungeons (which I am quite happy to take to speed things up). It is also tricky early on to gauge how much tanking group members need on trash mobs. If they don't seem to need much, I'll concentrate on pulling in mobs just out of aggro range and just talons mobs and leave them for the DPS to melt untaunted. Basically I'm just spamming chains, talons, and balance.

I'll still do normal randoms though because I haven't done any of the vet DLC dungeons except for WGT. I got lucky with a WGT PUG group where the other three were 750cp and the high DPS made tanking pretty easy. Hell, we were almost done when I realized I forgot to eat food the entire time. Even normal DLC dungeons can be tough for me with low DPS. I'd rather do a normal random though than point fingers.
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Hell, we were almost done when I realized I forgot to eat food the entire time. .

FCO StarveStop addon
    eisley the worst
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems all base game dungeons are fairly easy on Vet. Even doing the hardmodes.

The DLC dungeons however are a major step up. They seem to require coordination which you won’t find in pugs.

Tried WGT. Planar Inhibiter is just brutal. My ass got kicked, quite rightly really. There’s no doing these without knowing tactics and working as a team.

Still that leaves you 24 vet dungeons to be able to
    Pug easily enough. I guess they do need to save some for the more serious organised players.
    Edited by Guppet on June 9, 2018 11:06AM