The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Current Cost of Crafting Legendary Jewelry...Ouch

Enemy-of-Coldharbour
Enemy-of-Coldharbour
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Let’s say you want to craft a full 3 piece set of legendary jewelry. Let’s assume you have maxed out your jewelry crafting skills and are Rank III in Platings Expertise. Let’s also say you are either too impatient to grind materials or RNG hates you so you choose to purchase materials in the guild stores. At current average prices (which will not get better any time soon, and will be far worse on console) this is how much you can expect to pay:

Materials and Costs for 2 Rings and 1 Necklace
  • Platinum Ounces x350 @160g each = 56,000g
  • Terne Plating x6 @2,250g each = 13,500g
  • Iridium Plating x9 @ 5,000g each = 45,000
  • Zircon Plating x12 @ 25,000g each = 300,000g
  • Chromium Plating x24 @ 150,000g each = 3,600,000
  • Grand Total for 3 piece legendary jewelry set = 4,014,500g

Only the wealthiest players will get to enjoy crafted legendary jewelry.

Once again, ZOS givith and taketh away in a single breath.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also the fact that top tier JC writs are not rewarding at all which is a real let down cause max tier is supposed to have the best droprates
    Options
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was planning on farming it all myself
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
    Options
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally i don't have to wipe my butt with my money
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
    Options
  • UK_ICEMAN
    UK_ICEMAN
    Do most pc users agree with above prices per item atm?
    Thanks to op for info, I’m a console user so gives us a rough guide of what to expect
    Tamriel Headhunters - Largest and most social guild on the EU Xbox Server, 1,000 members, approx 400 Facebook members.

Events every night of the week, www.tamrielheadhunters.co.uk
    Options
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UK_ICEMAN wrote: »
    Thanks to op for info, I’m a console user so gives us a rough guide of what to expect

I agree that those are the prices in guild traders

Do I agree that it should be the case? No -- Specifically I think the drop rates need to be a little better
    Options
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh...I forgot to mention the cost of traits with my post. Depending on what traits you want for your jewelry, you can easily add another 100,000+ to that price.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
    Options
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And we have no crafted set that are worthy to be crafted in gold jewelry. Except Sload, maybe until it will be nerfed.
    For DD's BiS are new Cloudrest sets, same for healers, tanks do not need them too.
    Options
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh give it a couple on months, those prices will drop...

...Plus if I was managing this game I would not want the gold vendor or end game vet trials rewards to become irrelevant.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, at least you get like 100 vouchers for a legendary gold jewelry master writ. That's good right?

Also, no jewelry crafting fixes in today's patch.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • dovakiin5574
    dovakiin5574
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »

...Plus if I was managing this game I would not want the gold vendor or end game vet trials rewards to become irrelevant.

I don't know... I'm seeing a lot of RP (*coughs* Riften) that aren't interested in end game.

On a serious note. Why get BiS if not for end game?
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »

They will, BUT since it takes 10x the amount of upgrade mats to make the same thing as a gold item in another craft, they won't drop to that level. Which means the master writ values are still broken and the copy past they did with the code was a bad move and needs adjustment.

There are also less sources of those upgrade mats, coming only from deconing new jewelry or nodes - no hirelings, and no one sitting on a stack of mats because they duped at launch (I know players still sitting on ridiculous amount of gold and gold mats from that that never got punished.)

-- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly it’s fine I think. Trait changing is the most important thing, until a crafted set is BiS it’s not an issue. HoF or CR sets are a must plus any decent accompanying set.

It’s stupid prices but not a concern for now.
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Honestly it’s fine I think. Trait changing is the most important thing, until a crafted set is BiS it’s not an issue. HoF or CR sets are a must plus any decent accompanying set.

"It's Fine" a 100k voucher, for 3.4m worth of jewelry mats nice.
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, something broken isn't something that doesn't need fixed just because it won't effect you. That's not how broken works in a community game.
    -- @xaraan --
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

Yeah it will totally stay that way and never change. /s

Prices already dropped considerably and will keep doing so. Platinum from 500 each went to 80 and lower, chromium grains from 25k to 12.5k and that's just within 2 weeks of release. This will keep going on the more people reach rank 3 of deconstruction passive. Furthermore when all the guilds are done with cloudrest and start doing the easier trials again there will be another massive price drop for chromium. I don't get all the whining, it's not like it will ever be worth it to upgrade jewelry to gold for that minimal increase in stats, it's not worth it for other gear except for weapons either.

Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UK_ICEMAN wrote: »

They´re quite accurate (give or take a few K).

And lol to the people who think the current system with jewelry crafting is fine.
    Edited by Qbiken on June 4, 2018 3:59PM
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NupidStoob wrote: »

Prices already dropped considerably and will keep doing so. Platinum from 500 each went to 80 and lower, chromium grains from 25k to 12.5k and that's just within 2 weeks of release. This will keep going on the more people reach rank 3 of deconstruction passive. Furthermore when all the guilds are done with cloudrest and start doing the easier trials again there will be another massive price drop for chromium. I don't get all the whining, it's not like it will ever be worth it to upgrade jewelry to gold for that minimal increase in stats, it's not worth it for other gear except for weapons either.

thats good considering you need 80 grains to gold out 1 pc :) only 1 mil? what a deal
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Only the wealthiest will get to enjoy"

Lol... the entitlement is real.
    Options
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I would upgrade anything to gold for a good long time. Purple maybe. ZoS has a history of nerfing any set the player base deems BiS when someone has a tear run down their cheek lol.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NupidStoob wrote: »

Those chromium grains will have to keep dropping and dropping down to about 600g a piece before those master writs are worth it. You honestly think chromium grains are going to hit that price point? That's where they need to be for master writs to not be considered broken.
    Options
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the time I can make legendary jewelry the mats will be dirt cheap :)
    Options
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with TS. This system need a little change. I'm sure they can change it a little again. No need to nerf but some change.
    Options
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    legendary jc is just for hypebeasts that have a good sum of money, i said it before and will say it now, jc is just for hypebeasts,

im farming it slowly, and getting there maybe in the next weeks, 0 ingame cash spent and 0 will remain.

hypebeasts want to be coolest kid, then go ahead and pay for it.
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the bright side... it was about 4,000,000G per PIECE when Summerset launched. Prices have been coming down!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    "Only the wealthiest will get to enjoy"

Lol... the entitlement is real.

Entitlement? We literally payed real life money for access to jewelry crafting that we barely get to use. Yes i do feel entitled to stuff i paid real dollars for.
    Options
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAMN!!!!!
    Time to join a trading guild...
    Edited by Tonnopesce on June 4, 2018 6:24PM
    Signature

Options
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete please, wrong topic.
    Edited by EvilCroc on June 4, 2018 6:19PM
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices will definitely drop. However, they will not get anywhere near as low as the other crafts. I'm expecting chromium platings at 50k each (PC).
    Options
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of us long-time players wanted jewelry crafting for a long time because we wanted the ability to improve hard to farm jewelry to purple and perhaps gold, and to be able to make jewelry for crafted sets. I do not think this was an outrageous request and that our expectations for this as an addition to the crafting system were excessive.

But what we got is just awful.

They made it paywalled, so they had to make it something above and beyond what you get with the base game, yet they made it just impossible for most players to actually use beyond the barest minimum--including many of those who freaking paid for Summerset. As is, JC really is for the elite players who are well-entrenched in the player economy, who either have a ton of gold already or can get so quickly, or who buy mats directly from bot runners in bulk.I resent ZOS for implementing it this way.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
    Options
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's not something you're meant to have right away"

My total net worth is probably about 4 million gold. If I sold all my master writs and every last material I've saved up over the last year, along with any BoE stuff I haven't equipped, I MIGHT be able to afford one set of gold jewelry, that may or may not be FOTM next month. Woo hoo, great crafting system ZoS 10 / 10
    Options