The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nayru's Children

Crimsonorion
Crimsonorion
✭✭✭
So in the Dark Brotherhood DLC you encounter of group of people that [and I'm paraphrasing here] kill certain people to prevent events from happening, the quest hints at something going on in Vvardenfell [This was before the Morrowind DLC]. But in this quest the group is trying to kill Nayru because something her children well do. Is this a hint at the DLC after the 'Triad' [Morrowind, Clockwork and Summerset] Arc is over? Or is this some Elder Scrolls lore that I'm not understanding?
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So in the Dark Brotherhood DLC you encounter of group of people that [and I'm paraphrasing here] kill certain people to prevent events from happening, the quest hints at something going on in Vvardenfell

That hint is correct, but I will say no more. You don't say how far you have played along Morrowind, Clockwork, Summerset story Arc and I don't want to spoil anything for you.

PC EU
  • Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I've beaten Morrowind, Clockwork and now Summerset, I was just saying the quest gave a hint about Vvardenfell, but the part about Nayru and her children causing some sort of ruckus or event is never brought up again. So **SPOILERS** with Summerset beat and the threat of the Daedric Triad finished I'm curious if Nayru will have a bigger role.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you may have missed something along the way. Do you want me to tell you? All of it, or just a hint where to start looking?

PC EU
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Crimsonorion You should play through the sidequest with Naryu if you haven't already; the relevant pieces aren't in the main Morrowind questline. If you've already done that I'll spell it out for you:
    The 'daughter' they were talking about was Veya, not a biological child of Naryu's. The hint is that Veya calls Naryu 'the Mother of Blades'. And this actually raises the question of why they thought killing Naryu was supposed to help. Granted, (Summerset + Vvardenfell combo spoilers!)
    Naryu lets Veya live whether you told her to kill her or not
    so some of this is Naryu's fault regardless, but surely it would have been simpler to kill Veya directly...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That particular quest was one of my favorites( next to the Telvanni series of quests) and it made me like Naryu for once.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naryu is called the mother of blades and her raising veya is metaphorical of veya being her daughter. I think you will understand once you play though summerset but cant say anything other than that that are not spoilers