Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Play by Controller & Custom Binding...

Core
Core
Mice & keyboards are torture for long hours of gaming imho, I'm much happier getting games to run well on a good controller*, thankfully ESO made that functionality built-in.

How to start changing Bindings (on PC):
Gamepad Bindings: (You'll need to have a keyboard, mouse, & gamepad connected to do this.)
  1. From within the game itself, enable the Gamepad Mode: Press ESC for System menu, click Settings, click Gameplay, go to Gamepad> Gamepad Mode, click ON. (Don't close System menu).
  2. Next set/change/remove Bindings: click Controls, click Keybindings, go to the commands you to want Bind|UnBind, you can now set the gamepad buttons as well!

Here's the ESO Default Bindings for Template A:
6isdt4blglok.png

Here's a ESO Bindings Sheet (print & use as a worksheet):
2zfyverctl1x.png
These are also available here:https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/profile/Core

* I'm running PS2/3/4 controllers most often on a PC running Win7 x64 Pro, MS XBox v1.2 driver, and SCP Toolkit to do the PS3/4 emulation conversion. Often i use a software keyboard mapper, but as mentioned above ESO accepts XBox controllers, it's built-in. =)

So, i'll start off with asking what are some of the best (re)mappings for the game, and your own reason(s) why?
Edited by Core on July 9, 2018 7:25AM
Why, oh why, do i often see a "then" when i should be reading a "than", but then again what's better or worse than being grammatically correct?
  • Core
    Core
    The first thing i did was add some bindings for better defaults:
    Bind:
    • add General>User Interface>Toggle In-Game Cursor = MMB (used so my mouse's middle button can free me from the gamepad).
    • add General>User Interface>oggle In-Game Cursor = Back+Start (used so my gamepad can also free me from the gamepad).
    • add User Interface Shortcuts>Primary Action/Accept = Hold D-Pad Right (useful navigating into UI menus).
    • add User Interface Shortcuts>Decline/Negative/Abandon Action = Hold D-Pad Left (useful navigating out of UI menus).
    • add Dialogs>Primary Dialog Action = D-Pad Right (untested, useful navigating into dialogs).
    • add Dialogs>Negative/Decline Dialog Action = D-Pad Left (untested, useful navigating out of dialogs).
    • add Notifications>Accept Notification = D-Pad Right (untested).
    • add Notifications>Decline Notification = D-Pad Left (untested).

You'll probably make changes to bindings as your skills increase, maybe from level 1-5 you'll just use one of the default templates, then as your level hits 5-10 your skills start requiring quicker actions, then by level 15 you'll be able to swap weapons/skills etc., so remapping bindings is constantly changing, being refined as needed. That's why we may use a set of bindings that others don't choose to use yet, it's dependent on a lot of things, and not all mappings are possible.
    Edited by Core on July 9, 2018 2:30PM
    Why, oh why, do i often see a "then" when i should be reading a "than", but then again what's better or worse than being grammatically correct?