Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What about an Undaunted-central Expansion?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Undaunted is the only guild we have so far that doesn't have its own questline. Sure, each Dungeon has a quest, but aside from the "2" variants being sequels to their predecessors, they're isolated incidents that don't really have a connection to one another.

What I think would be amazing is a DLC that heavily involves the Undaunted somehow. I'm thinking it could be something like this:
  • New region that's highly dangerous. Environmental hazards all over the place, each enemy with a new and unique mechanic to make fights more dynamic, and difficult to traverse terrain.
  • Powerful enemy faction that's been growing in the region and threatens to spread to the rest of Tamriel.
  • Undaunted comes in and leads the fight against them.
  • Several Dungeons (and possibly a trial), each set (and unlocked) one after the other to form a coherent series of events. Along with plenty of optional bosses, and special interactibles the players can use in the middle of certain boss fights to make things far more interesting (like destroying a support beam in the middle of a mine mid-boss fight, causing the ceiling to begin collapsing around you, damaging anything that fails to evade the falling rocks).
  • Undaunted backstory exploration.
  • Improvements to the existing dungeon system (e.g. optional timer that helps players keep track of speed challenges, scoring system with rewards for groups and individuals who perform well, optional death counter, optional modifiers to make things more difficult, optimized dungeon finder, etc.).
  • New Abilities - Possibly themed after the enemy faction, as the Undaunted already have their own skill line.
  • New Crafting Style - Definitely themed after the enemy faction.
  • Trial Pledges? (unsure) - If this is added, it should be available to all players, not just those who buy the DLC. Weekly pledge that offers 5 Undaunted Keys for completion on Normal, 15 Undaunted Keys for completion on Veteran.

EDIT: Oops, meant to put this in General Discussions. Any mods around that can move this to the right section? I dunno how to do it myself, or even if I can.
Edited by Azurephoenix999 on June 3, 2018 12:09AM
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like your idea!
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imza wrote: »
    I like your idea!

It was just something I came up with while doing dungeons last night and wondering "why aren't these part of a larger questline?" Then I realised the Undaunted would have to be a part of said questline, and said questline likely wouldn't come about without a whole new expansion.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Stygies_VIII
    That's a great idea! Note that apart from what you said, it should still be made in an atmosphere of somewhere in between Tamrielic Jackass and an ultimate hold-my-beer mode. The Undaunted are not an organized Fighters Guild, but a band of heroes ready to delve into the scariest places to fight gigantic monsters that could kill thousands. They are crazy, they are brave, and they are awesome. I would so play that lol
    The Imperial Library - Assistant Librarian
    Polish The Elder Scrolls Wiki - Bureaucrat