Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How do you tell what quality of enchantment is on a piece of dropped gear?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Farmed Spell Power Cure. It dropped at blue (because normal difficulty) with max magicka enchantments already on them. Will these also be blue quality? Should I replace them with gold quality glyphs to get more out of them, or will this have no effect?

I wish the enchantment's text color changed depending on the enchantment quality to make this stuff easier to figure out.
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will these also be blue quality?

Yes.
    Should I replace them with gold quality glyphs to get more out of them, or will this have no effect?

No, you shouldn't do this. As you improve the main item from blue to purple, then enchantment will automatically go from blue to purple as well. Then if you choose to gold it out, the enchantment will turn gold. This is how it has worked for as long as the game has been out. Since 2014.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.
    Should I replace them with gold quality glyphs to get more out of them, or will this have no effect?

No, you shouldn't do this. As you improve the main item from blue to purple, then enchantment will automatically go from blue to purple as well. Then if you choose to gold it out, the enchantment will turn gold. This is how it has worked for as long as the game has been out. Since 2014.

Is that only on dropped items?
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes.

Is that only on dropped items?

Yes. Crafted items still need to have a crafted enchantment, this enchantment does not improve with the main crafted item, you have to reenchant it if you did not put a gold glyph on in the first place.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on June 2, 2018 10:02PM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    as long as it's the enchant the item dropped with, the enchant will become better as you upgrade the item. But if you change enchant on a item once you've gotten it, the enchant will not grow stronger with upgrading
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All drop gear auto increases the enchant as you improve the gear itself.

What might also be helpful is to say that if you put that gear into the improvement window at the appropriate craft station, you can see if the enchantment is going to go up. Like when you see the blue to purple windows with the stats...thensystem will reflect that the enchant is going to automatically buff, in case you want to make sure.
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    you can replace glyphs on armor?
    Ra'avi Ahjonihr Khajit Stamblade, Level 1500Master ThiefCrafter and ExplorerHero of the Dominion, Pact, and CovenantMember of the DragonguardFriend to Razum-darFavored of Azura
    'It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is. It only matters what one can do.' -M'aiq the Liar
  • deano469
    deano469
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you can. Even on drop sets.

Edited by deano469 on June 14, 2018 8:35PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can replace glyphs on armor?

Yes.

Dropped armor glyphs are the quality level of the gear itself and will level up with the gear as long as the original enchantment remains on the gear.

However, if one wanted to replace the enchantment for any reason the new enchantment will not upgrade with the gear. Think wearing a medium weight monster helm with a magicka build. Probably want magicka instead of the native stamina on that piece.
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, but I can't replace the glyphs I put on armor I have crafted... at least it hasn't worked for me yet.
    Ra'avi Ahjonihr Khajit Stamblade, Level 1500Master ThiefCrafter and ExplorerHero of the Dominion, Pact, and CovenantMember of the DragonguardFriend to Razum-darFavored of Azura
    'It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is. It only matters what one can do.' -M'aiq the Liar