The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Recommended Add-On?(Mac)

MikuHagane
MikuHagane
✭✭
So I have the base game on Mac. I do not have Morrorwind on my Mac. It runs the game very well but I am wondering if there are any add-ons I should get. I am only focused on PVE and I prefer add-ons that help make things look organized. I am not looking for anything graphic based.

I personally love addons that let me organize my inventory or keeps track of all possible quests in an area and if I have done them or not. I am a completionist so those types of mods that track things help so much.

Any suggestions on what add-ons I should get that can be downloaded on a Mac? Also is there a guide anywhere on how to use addons on the Mac? Like where to put them after downloading?
Edited by MikuHagane on June 2, 2018 6:42PM
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing on a Mac. I highly recommend Minion. Minion makes it easy to search for, download, install, update, and uninstall add-ons. Since Summerset is new, many add ons are getting updated right now, so it's good to open Minion and "update all" before starting the game up. That's what I do, anyway.

Some add ons that you might like include:

For looking up items in Guild Stores: Awesome Guild Store
    (If you're looking for a specific item, use tamrieltradecentre.com, the add-on doesn't work well on Macs, so I just use the website.)
    For displaying inventory pictorially: Inventory Grid View
    For searching your inventory (even across alts): Inventory Insight
    For locations of relics, etc: Map Pins
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second the minion program, there’s really no better way to search for, install and uninstall addons. Also second awesome guild store, and would add inventory insight.
  • GaelicCat
    GaelicCat
    ✭✭
    In addition to the addons mentioned already;

Quest Map to keep track of quests, although it hasn't been updated for Summerset yet.

For your inventory I'd recommend Auto Category. It's highly customisable and can make inventory management so much easier and tidier. It's my absolute favourite inventory mod. Advanced Filters is also great, and there's a lot of extra filter plugins for it too if you're looking for something even more specific.

If you're into fishing or going after Master Angler I recommend Votan's Fisherman and Rare Fish Tracker. You may also like Votan's Fish Fillet and Bait Counter as well.

To keep track of the available skillpoints, I'd also recommend Urich's Skill Point Finder. This addon tracks all available skillpoints in the game, and whether your character has collected them.

I'm a completionist too so I love things like this that help me keep track of my goals.
    I'm also an addon-aholic and could probably find an addon for anything, so if you want anything more specific then just say and I'll see what I can find.