The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

mag sorc set combos

JJBoomer
JJBoomer
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have a mag sorc. Full magicka. I've been using combo of Julianos and Magnus. But I think thats very outdated now. Can anyone give me some suggestion on better set combos. Preferably not trial sets, as I don't do trials.

Not looking for the best, just better than what I'm using now. I've heard mechanical acuity is good. Anything else for a full mag sorc? consider me completely in the dark, looking at any suggestions.
Edited by JJBoomer on May 31, 2018 9:53PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juliano is still a good set.

Magnus is more of a regen/sustain set. If you have issues with that you can stick with it as long as you wish. Personally I would drop this and find my sustain elsewhere.

Netches Touch is a good set if you are pure shock build, drops in Darkshade Cavern iirc. You can wear this with juliano.

Necropotence is a good set if you are running pets. Drops in Rivenspire. Without trial gear I cannot think of anything that is mostly max magika so probably still wear Juliano.

Edit: however, if what you are wearing works for you and whatever you are doing then no real reason to change. Oh, necro can be found in guild traders also, it is BoE.
    Edited by idk on May 31, 2018 10:06PM
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    If running pet, necropotence and julianos is a good mix.

If doing shock build, replace the necropotence with netches touch.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had good luck with Julianos and elegance on mag sorc. You have to play around will glyphs for Stan, but it's pretty ok
    Edited by Karm1cOne on May 31, 2018 10:56PM
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does destruction mastery stack up now with the new scaling from max magicka? Was curious to run a non-pet sorc with 5x DM, 5x Infallible and 2x Ilambris
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does destruction mastery stack up now with the new scaling from max magicka? Was curious to run a non-pet sorc with 5x DM, 5x Infallible and 2x Ilambris

From a pure DPS stand point, destruction mastery is a DPS loss compared to julianos, but you get the utility of the most max magic outside of necro, ie bigger wards, so that is something.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From a pure DPS stand point, destruction mastery is a DPS loss compared to julianos, but you get the utility of the most max magic outside of necro, ie bigger wards, so that is something.

Well, since I only do group stuff via a pug that works out well :)
  • Sru
    Sru
    ✭✭✭
    Despite people saying otherwise, still having some good success with Necropotence and MA. Using force shock build, this still works well, just a little harder to predict the proc so well. Is it as good as before, nope, probably better than average still.