The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Should Werewolf Form work off of Ultimate rather than a Timer?

Avran_Sylt
Avran_Sylt
✭✭✭✭✭
Simply put: The timer for WW is rather obscure.

I say:
- Drain 10 Ultimate per second instead of using a timer (while in WW form)
- Allow ultimate generation items and effects to add to the Ultimate count while this is occurring.
- Recasting to exit WW form stops your Ultimate count where it's at. (doesn't consume all ult when transforming back from WW)

Should Werewolf Form work off of Ultimate rather than a Timer? 41 votes

Sounds good. (Needs testing against ult/gen methods)
63%
Solarikenkendellking_chaosb14_ESOSpringt-Über-ZwergeSalzorNoisividDDemonEdziuElFonz0EvilKiwiXvorgSanguis_Tiberiusdoddboy25GlaiceanaHammy01Anti_VirusWhiteNoiseMakerWhoThenNow7Bobby_V_RockitBejaProphetDrakkdjinn 26 votes
Isn't needed.
26%
flintstoneBelegnoleArobainidkShareeLykanusbrtomkinQbikenAznoxThorstiennDashmatt 11 votes
Other
9%
danno8redspecter23SkullstachioCuthceol 4 votes
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play a werewolf, but that is one of the best ideas I've ever heard about that. I think you'd need to think it over a lot more carefully than you have, you don't want to enable permanent wolf. But something like that giving them more control would be awesome for you wolf boys.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't needed.
    There are already means to extend the time for WW. It would be odd to suggest having more ult than is needed to use the ult give further bonus since that is not the case with any other ultimate. Granted there is some uniqueness to the WW.

Those that want change, this is not what they are clamoring for.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    There are already means to extend the time for WW. It would be odd to suggest having more ult than is needed to use the ult give further bonus since that is not the case with any other ultimate. Granted there is some uniqueness to the WW.

Overload.

I am not against the ability functioning like this, I have suggested and broke it down multiple times. One of the biggest pitfalls is how it interacts DK and Battle roar. Does it grant nothing (not good) and a nerf to dk Werewolves, Does it grant the full amount and become the next exploit.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

True, and those methods would just get changed to "Gain [x] Ultimate when [y]"

It's just like the Overload Ultimate (in terms of excess).

@BejaProphet

Oh, the actual drain value and everything that it interacts with (Molag Kenna (+2 UltDrain/Second), poisons of cowardice (+ 6 UD/S)), needs to be considered for sure.

But, I would also say that this should allow for permanent passive werewolf form, if the proper sets are used (and stats sacrificed).

Ex: Slap on Akaviri Dragonguard ( -1.5 UltDrain/S) + Salvation ( - 3.3 UD/S) + Call of the Pack (1) (- 2 UD/S) = 3.2 UD/S

Adding on decisive weapons will allow for a fairly lengthy passive uptime while solo (but you sacrifice a lot out of your build)

And in a group of at least 3, it will allow for a permanent passive uptime (if everyone has these sets equipped)
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on June 1, 2018 12:01AM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chrlynsch

To be honest, I kinda want it to not give anything.

Complete seperation from class passives. (if you want it to be its own)

Ignore Sorc damage, NB ult gen on pot. Everything except for maybe Racial traits.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on June 1, 2018 12:13AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't needed.
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @idk

True, and those methods would just get changed to "Gain [x] Ultimate when [y]"

It's just like the Overload Ultimate (in terms of excess).

It is not really like the Sorc Overload. That is unique as well. There is no timer there.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

Fair enough. In terms of lockout when using either, they are vastly different. Though the "timer" I refer to is the shots you have available until ult depletion.

In general, I'm speaking in terms of Ult/Drain on use. Which is essentially what I'm wanting to emulate for the WW's transformation cost.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't needed.
    @idk

Fair enough. In terms of lockout when using either, they are vastly different. Though the "timer" I refer to is the shots you have available until ult depletion.

In general, I'm speaking in terms of Ult/Drain on use. Which is essentially what I'm wanting to emulate for the WW's transformation cost.

I expect the WW community would find that change to be a real negative.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

Overload.

I am not against the ability functioning like this, I have suggested and broke it down multiple times. One of the biggest pitfalls is how it interacts DK and Battle roar. Does it grant nothing (not good) and a nerf to dk Werewolves, Does it grant the full amount and become the next exploit.

Shouls grant the cost of the Ulti that's all. With Ulti cost reduction sets like Akaviri DG you will receive the same resorces than without it.

So, if WW costs 300 ulti, you should get those resources back.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

Oh, I don't mean that the abilities use ultimate. Just that you drain ultimate while in WW form.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xvorg @Chrlynsch

IMO I'm of the opinion that the ultimate would simply have no 'threshold', Ultimate in name only.

Toggle WW form on or off, drain ult while in WW form.

It would likely need to have specific interactions (or lack thereof) with certain abilities and sets.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Werewolf is dead. Time to cure the curse!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't needed.
    @idk

Oh, I don't mean that the abilities use ultimate. Just that you drain ultimate while in WW form.

This is not going to happen. First, skilled WW can remain in form for a very long time and this idea will mess that up for them. The passives that add time would have to be removed making WW into something sad.

Sorry, but this will not fly.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

How would this mess that up for those WW who can sustain a lot of damage (IE, utilize the Blood Rage/Devour/Feral Pounce)

I could see that messing them up if they were removed, but not if they were kept (but I can see reasoning why there would be a need to remove them. As you could essentially gain ultimate by transforming into a WW, eating corpses, and getting high ult in interim fights).
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't needed.
    You can already stay I form for a long time with the current design. Changing the timer does not really solve any real issue.

BTW, the sorc cannot generate ultimate while it is active past the end of the battle buff from before activating Overload. The light and heavy attacks from Overload will not continue to trigger the buff.

• Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

When you're being damaged, yeah. As long as there are a few nearby adds that you can also devour as well. There isn't really a way to passively stay in WW form longer, asides from grouping up with other WWs.

(Overload) I figured as much the same would be true for a player in WW form. LA not giving the Ult Gen. I don't think that the LA's should either (while in WW form).
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on June 1, 2018 1:14AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't needed.
    But with your idea the passives that extend WW form from taking damage and feeding would have to be changed to ultimate gain. That is not permitted under the current design and should not.

Regardless, it is trying to fix something that really is not broken. Enjoy the game, have a good evening. There is nothing more I can add to this topic.
    Edited by idk on June 1, 2018 1:17AM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk

Bloodspawn, Werewolf Hide. TBH I don't actually know if they add to Overload while it's out, but it's the same principal.

Anyway, as you wish, have a good day.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    During one of my discussions, I had this idea for a completely remastered passive.

Call of Storihbeg: (call of the pack remastered.)
    1. Your Servitude to Hircine has removed the cost of werewolf transformation, but at a great price, overtime, the 9966 armour bonus deteriorates down to 0 as the timer reaches zero, however, spending time outside werewolf form will slowly replenish the timer by 1 second every 6 seconds.
    2. Your Servitude to Hircine has removed the cost of werewolf transformation, but at a great price, overtime, the 9966 armour bonus deteriorates down to 0 as the timer reaches zero, however, spending time outside werewolf form will slowly replenish the timer by 1 second every 3 seconds.
    I wonder if this could fit in well...
    Edited by Skullstachio on June 1, 2018 1:40AM
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can already stay I form for a long time with the current design. Changing the timer does not really solve any real issue.

BTW, the sorc cannot generate ultimate while it is active past the end of the battle buff from before activating Overload. The light and heavy attacks from Overload will not continue to trigger the buff.

To generate ulti in overload you only have to heal an ally, dodge an incoming attack, or block an incoming attack... still get ulti per second.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Overload.

Shouls grant the cost of the Ulti that's all. With Ulti cost reduction sets like Akaviri DG you will receive the same resorces than without it.

So what is to stop a Dk werewolv sitting at 500 ult from transforming in and out of wolf form a couple times to get 20k resources back in 4 seconds?
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Overload.

So what is to stop a Dk werewolv sitting at 500 ult from transforming in and out of wolf form a couple times to get 20k resources back in 4 seconds?

A simple cooldown of 20 secs.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it. It makes more sense and gives werewolves another thing to build toward if they like staying in form longer versus just having huge weapon damage. Maybe give minor heroism for 10 seconds after each corpse feed in addition to an instant chunk of ultimate.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm of the opinion that werewolves should be able to stay in form indefinitely if they build for it. Maybe a caveat could be that if you die while in form, you transform back to human and all of your ultimate is drained.
  • Lykanus
    Lykanus
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't needed.
    Solariken wrote: »
    I'm of the opinion that werewolves should be able to stay in form indefinitely if they build for it. Maybe a caveat could be that if you die while in form, you transform back to human and all of your ultimate is drained.

I'm for that it should reward group-play oriented werewolves while making solo not to stressful. Building all around ultimate isnt a favour, i would actually hate that. I am fine with a normal timer, just make it possible for solo wolves to relax a bit more without the pressure always in their neck(easier devour+give some WW time back by attacking and not by being hit!) and make call of the pack passive already give decent ww time in group with 2 or 3 werewolves (65%+ for 2 , 75%+ for 3).

The idea about devour and the timer isnt bad overall just the pressure is a bit to high in solo play and _impossible_ in group play without other werewolves currently.

A rotation with attacking+a leap for time to time should keep you in your form. WW isnt meant as a tank so get rid of "being hit gives ww time" and replace with "attacking gives ww time".
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't needed.
    I don't want want to choose between a permawolf and and powerful wolf, i'd like to keep both like i already have.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'd be quite happy if WW didn't work off the ultimate at all so you can actually use that slot for a "real" WW ultimate ability. Timers aren't fun and it's no different here as you're fighting against the clock constantly to keep your form up, which can lead to a very specific style of play out of necessity. It's certainly better than it has been in the past, but it's not something I'll enjoy in its current form.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aznox

You'd still be able to keep a high damage perma-wolf if you maintained sustained damage and continually devoured corpses (as it is now). But by tying in the timer with Ultimate gain, it also allows an avenue for the player to play perma-wolf in a passive manner (albeit at sacrificing total damage output).

The entire reason for the 10 Ult drain per second is since it matches the current cost of WW at 300 for 30 secs. And instead of manipulating time, you manipulate units of Ultimate at a 10:1 ratio. (IE 30 ult every 3 sec when damage, 120 Ult for devouring a corpse). But by being explicit with Ultimate, you can utilize various sources of Ultimate manipulation.

Of course that does present problems with things such as the DK passive, and NB ult Gen from potions, as well as from various sets that do similar things with ultimate such as with the Witchman Armor set.

(Which I would sircumvent by creating a new skill category : "Transformation" that can be slotted anywhere, as when used it simply leads to another class 'state' that's encapsulated from other class passives and bonuses, but that is another discussion)
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ww form gave up too much, ww needs timer buff please.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I think there should be no timer as long as you are in combat. If people want to fight in WW form for the whole fight they shouldn't have to bother with Devouring corpses to stay in form. It's not like WW doesn't have it's drawbacks or is a super-strong Ulitimate. It's more RP than anything.

Then when you fall out of combat the timer can kick in and if you want to stay in WW form you would need to find a corpse and devour, or get back in combat, kill something, then devour to top up the timer.
    Edited by danno8 on June 4, 2018 11:55AM