Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Missing Gold Deposit - Ticket requested Bug Report.

FullOnYtee
FullOnYtee
Soul Shriven
Account ID : FullOnYtee / Character : Fullonytee
Made a gold deposit into ThePeakyBlinders guild of 400,000 (400k), Gold left my Inventory but never added to the guild bank.
I am a Co-Guildmaster of ThePeakyBlinders so I have the rights to see deposits and withdrawals.
Estimated time : 8-9am sever time ( I believe ) / date: 25 or 26 /05/18. (Not sure because I may of waited to see if it appeared the next day.)
You can see i made 3 other deposits of 100k, 100k, and 130k but the 400k never appeared.
2 images to show that the 400k deposit never appeared.
snki0yg0c9ga.png
b5h6wvr93t66.png
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @FullOnYtee

For what it may be worth, after you discover that a GP transfer has disappeared, and you've made the documenting screenshot(s), Quit TESO, run the Launcher and use the Repair Files entry on the Game Options menu. We players need to be sure that the game installation is not corrupted on our computer systems.

That said, unfortunately, on more than one occasion I have discovered Gold Pieces missing from one character's Bags since the most recent occasion that I chose to play that character. Further, I have also discovered that GP attached to e-mails sent after an item was sold via a Guild Store / Guild Trader were not deposited into the Bags of the character who should have received them. All of these incidents except the most recent were reported to ZOS either by a post in this forum or by contacts with Customer Support. Return of the missing GP has been denied, regardless of the fact that Customer Support's own investigation revealed that the deposits and withdrawals were made as I reported.

Every week, I deposit GP into each of 4 Guild Banks for guilds of which I am a member. For the fifth Guild, the GP are sent to an officer, attached to an e-mail. For one guild, I receive an e-mail confirmation of the deposit(s) that I made, and also receive an e-mail acknowldegement that the GP sent via e-mail was received. For the other three guilds, I have access to the record of GP deposited to the Guild Bank, so I can confirm whether the transfer was made.

This week, I have not received the usual e-mail confirmation -- yet -- of the GP deposits which I made to the Bank of the first Guild on the drop-down list on the Guild Bank UI of the Guilds of which I am a member. So I don't know whether the GP were transferred to that Guild Bank account. Certainly, I hope that they were, but, in my experience, TESO game software is ordinarily unreliable, unpredictable, and often the output is erroneous in any of numerous ways. It would not surprise me if I don't receive a confirmation because there is no record in the Guild Bank that the GP were deposited.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • FullOnYtee
    FullOnYtee
    Soul Shriven
    How would running the Launcher and use the Repair Files entry on the Game Options menu help lost gold, its a real shame that ZOS doesnt try to find out about transferred gold going missing. I made a ticket and was told to report it in the BUG REPORT, so I believed that meant here, there was no details of what BUG REPORT they were on about. If the amount was like 5-10k I wouldn't be to bothered but 400k with no help is very very poor. Shame...
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @FullOnYtee @ZOS_Wrobel
    FullOnYtee wrote: »
    How would running the Launcher and use the Repair Files entry on the Game Options menu help lost gold, its a real shame that ZOS doesnt try to find out about transferred gold going missing. I made a ticket and was told to report it in the BUG REPORT, so I believed that meant here, there was no details of what BUG REPORT they were on about. If the amount was like 5-10k I wouldn't be to bothered but 400k with no help is very very poor. Shame...
    Repairing the files ensures that the game client is not displaying an incorrect number of Gold Pieces on the UI. That is, the amount might still be wrong after the game installation is repaired. But at least you have eliminated the possibilty that a corrupted installation is causing the data sent by the host on the megaserver to be displayed by the game client as a different number than the number that it received. (Get it?)

If the error condition remains evident, then perhaps the game client has a flaw that causes it to display a different number of Gold Pieces than the number which it received from the host on the megaserver. Or the host running on the megaserver has a flaw that causes it to transmit a different number of Gold Pieces to the game client than are actually on record. And there are other possibilities too numerous to spend the time to make the effort to describe.

Regardless: even if the amount missing was "like 5 - 10 K" you should report it. A bug is a bug is a bug. The amount might be much larger the next time that the same error occurs, whether it happens to you or to some other player instead.

Yes, I have had amounts missing larger than 400,000 GP. Whether ZOS will ever get a Round Tuit, investigate the problem, and correct it, only God knows. But if more players report the problem and demand answers and compensation, then the more incentive ZOS has to remedy this particular flaw in their software.

My guess is that the problem is most likely in the interface between the host software and the systems software that operates and controls the data storage units. Only Bethesda/Akamai can do something about it if such is the case.

Edited by Shadowshire on June 4, 2018 12:52AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi