The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The great Summerset Jewellery crisis

Lapin_Logic
Lapin_Logic
✭✭✭✭✭
I feel sorry for the new player experience for players joining once all pre summerset jewellery has sold, good luck to those wishing to buy what was once easy to find cheap "trash" jewellery sets to just get anything onto a character while you play for your gold or grind for your fit.

prices are sky rocketing for "deconstructable" jewellery as everybody races to grind a skill line and fill stocks of an ultra rare crafting material, with nodes so rare in world as to have lead people to skip looking for it all together instead turning Alikr desert into a Dolmen runners convention that draws concert size crowds with 500000++ dps .

ZOS could do with looking at an alternative to seeding the items for this new skill that does not turn a green Thunderbugs ring into a commodity more costly than a sharpened Spriggans sword, and the zones into a horse race dolmen circus.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you guys are all busy doing that, I seem to find the nodes pretty frequently. Maybe i am just lucky while running around doing nothing lol

But i can agree that something does need to be done
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing the exact opposite situation. New players can earn gold hand over fist by selling their decon jewelry to earn funds for anything they might want to buy. If a player wants a green thunderbug ring for whatever reason, he can go do one dolmen in alik'r, get a green anything and sell it for nearly 2000 gold. That is likely enough to buy the thunderbug ring and if it isn't then certainly 2 dolmens (or 3 minutes of combined effort) will do it. I'm just not seeing the problem you are.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »
    Well you guys are all busy doing that, I seem to find the nodes pretty frequently. Maybe i am just lucky while running around doing nothing lol

AP let's you buy the weapon sets in cyro that have a 2/3 chance of dropping a cp160 purple jewel piece.

Players already reported going from rank 18 to 45/48 using this meathod. Though it requires a large amount of AP, but it's much better than trying to grind dolmens/mat nodes
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm done with that. I needed to get to 50 and I'm out. I think Jewelry will see a permanent increase in value because it has a second purpose, but I don't think the craziness will last long.

A positive consequence is that Necro got a bump from the light attacks, but is still cheaper than it was before the new patch. I assume the dolmen activity is the cause. So maybe they can just get into the good stuff. And of course dungeon jewelry remains exactly as it was.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once the jewelry crafting craze passes, prices will normalize, trash jewelry and crafting materials will be available in the market for more reasonable prices.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "the sky is falling!"

Having been leveling the psijic order line on multiple characters, I've been finding an absurd amount of jewelry nodes while running around Tamriel. Are we playing the same game? Posts like these make me think that the entire playerbase is just sitting in one spot fighting over a few nodes. Meanwhile, I find nodes every few steps out in the base game zones.

Green and blue jewelry prices have temporarily inflated by a couple thousand. Purple jewel prices of the popular sets seem unaffected or even lower (necropotence). Everyone is trying to quickly level so this makes sense, but it won't last long term. New players can literally just sell some trash green jewels and buy all purple versions flat out now. Yeah, the dolmens are quite overcrowded at the moment, but again this is to be expected when a new system like jewelry crafting comes out. It won't last forever.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for the new player experience for players joining once all pre summerset jewellery has sold, good luck to those wishing to buy what was once easy to find cheap "trash" jewellery sets to just get anything onto a character while you play for your gold or grind for your fit.

prices are sky rocketing for "deconstructable" jewellery as everybody races to grind a skill line and fill stocks of an ultra rare crafting material, with nodes so rare in world as to have lead people to skip looking for it all together instead turning Alikr desert into a Dolmen runners convention that draws concert size crowds with 500000++ dps .

ZOS could do with looking at an alternative to seeding the items for this new skill that does not turn a green Thunderbugs ring into a commodity more costly than a sharpened Spriggans sword, and the zones into a horse race dolmen circus.

I'd feel bad for them, except that if they just go play the game they can get their own cheap jewelry. I mean, it's not like it's hard to go farm dolmans.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grinding for the skillline?

One of my friends managed 50 day two after launch and has already completed the achievements grand master title and all lol
    Edited by xeNNNNN on May 31, 2018 7:38PM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    grinding for the skillline?

One of my friends managed 50 day two after launch and has already completed the achievements grand master title and all lol

obviously, he is NOT a new player and likely threw some gold at decon jewelry/ research jewelry (and once you figure out that you don't have to max out research on just one type of jewelry and instead can split it between 2 - it considerably speeds up trait master acquisition - even without spending any crowns on scrolls, using only voucher vendor version)

I'm guessing what OP's concern is that things like willpower or agility jewelry and the like is going to be much more expensive just becasue it has deconstruction value now. I guess we'll see soon enough what happens to prices after the dust settles and how badly it will affect newer player gearing. though if it were up to me, I would make undaunted rewards from first random daily - ONLY drop jewelry. that may help. and not just new players either.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely disagree, this is how the market works and should work. It also gives new players a chance to earn gold. The inflation will die down in a couple of weeks.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a sizable number of players cycle through all of the jewelry crafting leveling, the market will calm down. Jewelry overall may be a bit more valuable post-Summerset overall but I doubt it'll be a huge set back for new players. I level most of my baby toons up without good jewelry or any already. It's doable. And once you hit CP160 you should either have some gold or know the game well enough to farm your own pieces, like we were doing all along. The old traits--healthy, robust, and arcane--are still the best choices for most players so they shouldn't worry about finding those new traits that i agree are a p.i.t.a. to acquire.

What makes the jewelry crafting system bad isn't that it will burden new players--it actually does a good job in not doing that. It's pretty awful in other ways--it's paywalled, and consequentially, they had to make it for elite players and not for the base game. As result, most of the new traits are dumb, how they implemented the resources is dumb, the improvement plating drop rate is dumb, the passives are dumb. It's just creamed dumb on dumb toast. Aside from them burdening you with more achievements to unlock to keep your crafter updated and qualify to continue earning master writs at a not-utterly-miserable rate, it's just a vanity crafting profession that aside from being a gold sink for some elite players and a gold farm for some elite traders, won't amount to much for most players.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Sky_WK
    Sky_WK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    OGLezard wrote: »

AP let's you buy the weapon sets in cyro that have a 2/3 chance of dropping a cp160 purple jewel piece.

Players already reported going from rank 18 to 45/48 using this meathod. Though it requires a large amount of AP, but it's much better than trying to grind dolmens/mat nodes

Yep, 6.7 mil AP later I maxed it a few hours into patch.
    i do not read replies. still playing stamdk for some reason.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    finding plenty of nodes.

dolmens in alik'r aren't the only source of jewellery drops... nor the best. other locations guarantee blue/purple for very little effort and are accessible to new players.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My second character is on level 23 in JC with doing a few geysers, Ashlander dailies and running around with treasure maps and grabbing all the treasure chests I find on the way. For a new player the grind (and the prices) are indeed a bit much.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My second character is on level 23 in JC with doing a few geysers, Ashlander dailies and running around with treasure maps and grabbing all the treasure chests I find on the way. For a new player the grind (and the prices) are indeed a bit much.

Pretty much. I'm taking my time with leveling jewelcrafting itself while I focus on obtaining traited items to research. But once that's taken care of, that's what I'm doing too.

OP: As soon as the people who are in a hurry reach 50 in jewelcrafting, prices will go down to the same prices of trash green sets that people don't need to buy to deconstruct anymore.

The sky is not falling.

In the meantime these new players can farm jewelry to sell if their priority is to make gold rather than level the craft.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Grendel_at_ESO
    Grendel_at_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have not seen any difference between now and before Summerset but I rarely buy anything from traders, the whole system sucks so I don't bother with it very often. So far I'm almost at 20 JC just be deconning the jewelry I find. I if I refined all my dust I've found I'd probably have around 1000 plat ounces and 800 pewter ounces (just upped my crafter to copper) so finding nodes has not been a problem, I don't even go out of my way to do it.
    I have not even been playing that much since just before Summerset went live and I was just thinking last night they really upped the jewelry drop rate, seems I find it everywhere now.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It also gives new players a chance to earn gold.

Wow! I didn't even think of that. I had squat for gold for a very long time. I remember being super excited that I was able to sell a common picture for 425 gold. These noobs can grind the dessert and walk away with a 100k before they get to level 50. That dolmen is a fountain of gold. Lucky ducks.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a fantastic time to play the market and make gold hand over fist. I know that's what I've been doing.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a fantastic time to play the market and make gold hand over fist. I know that's what I've been doing.

Great time. I’m level 25 after a few dolmens, and treasure chests. Plus all my pals send me their junk rings to decon.

Plus mats are easy to find. I find them all the time just running around. Use the add on that marks mats. Makes it easier.

Also do your dailies. Got a jewelry survey the other day. My problem is SKILL POINTS lol.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of ways to aquire jewelry to decon. Yes you can buy it..I bought enough from the mages guild to get my main to level 10 then I went and did the auridon dolmen circut. It takes a little more than 5 minutes to do all 3 and I was getting around 36 to 40 pieces in an hour. I got the skill to 50 in about 3 days. Now I'm farming mats and running all my characters through the ashlander dailies to get upgrade mats so I'm getting a dozen pieces a day that are either blue or purple. Also the odd motif page. Game time is much better now that the dolmen grind is over.