The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Dumb newb question - Oblivion Damage

Anastian
Anastian
✭✭✭
I am not entirely sure this is the right section, but given that everyone is discussing this topic at the moment I feel like it can be a general discussion.

Is Oblivion damage supposed to be halved in PvP, just like the rest of damages or not? Apparently Sload's damage isn't halved. What's your opinion?
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also have a question.
    Even if its not halved its the same dmg as current viper set when halved. I had the idea the only diference was the overwrite of shields if its oblivion dmg.
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the idea the only diference was the overwrite of shields if its oblivion dmg.

Oblivion damage overwrites shields and ignores all forms of resistance (armor rating, %damage resists like major/minor protection, Undeath vampire passive, mistform damage resist), and ignore block mitigation.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    [/quote]
    Oblivion damage overwrites shields and ignores all forms of resistance (armor rating, %damage resists like major/minor protection, Undeath vampire passive, mistform damage resist), and ignore block mitigation.
    [/quote]

Many thanks
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it is not affected by battle spirit
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    No it is not affected by battle spirit

is not affected by anything, which is why its so dangerous to add. Most of the the other damage you receive after battle spirit and mitigation is less than sloads
    Options