The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Psijic SKill line is...meh?

Fherrit
Fherrit
✭✭✭
I've finished the quest line on 1 char and unlocked everything, tried it out...respeced out of all of it. I saw very little to justify investing in any of it, or to put it on the skill bar of any of my chars and it struck me very much like the DB skill line, very niche and generally not at all useful. It's been a few days and I got to thinking, maybe its me not catching onto the usefulness of some Psijic skills with class/weapon skills. There have been a few skills/passives that I dismissed initially and had my butt set straight as how one goes about using them properly and had a AHA moment as a result. But with the Psijic skills? Notsomuch.

So could anyone with the time/inclination give me some points to put the skill line into a better light?
  • SillyPlay
    SillyPlay
    ✭✭
    it's usefulness would depend on the class and what you're doing (pve/pvp) just like other guild skill lines. You might use imbue weapon, accelerate for PVE DPS especially on Magic characters. healers might use the mend skill. I would consider the ult and timestop as PVP skills
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I view the whole Skill Line as supplements to aid classes that are lacking in certain aspects of the game.

Finding it hard to sustain? Meditate and Undo

No good AoE CC? Time Stop

Want some more HoTs for healing? Mend Wounds.

Want a decent spammable? Imbued Weapons (this is probably the only skill with DPS in mind and only one worth a damn for DPS purposes )

Essentially, the skill line is role/class specific. DK healers might find some use in Mend Wounds as their healing skills are somewhat lackluster. NB and Templar Tanks should appreciate Time Stop (I know I do on my NB tank). Admittedly, have yet to see Meditate or Undo used in any PvE content so idk about them there. Still, the skill line has merit.
    Argonian forever
  • Fherrit
    Fherrit
    ✭✭✭
    I view the whole Skill Line as supplements to aid classes that are lacking in certain aspects of the game.

---

Essentially, the skill line is role/class specific. DK healers might find some use in Mend Wounds as their healing skills are somewhat lackluster. NB and Templar Tanks should appreciate Time Stop (I know I do on my NB tank). Admittedly, have yet to see Meditate or Undo used in any PvE content so idk about them there. Still, the skill line has merit.

Hrm...I see, in that context I see what you're saying. I guess since I expect a group member to cover areas where I'm weak I hadn't noticed the utility of such options. I guess my issue is that for the amount of time and effort one has to invest I questioned the worth relative to the skill in question.

But rather than a complaint I'm actually pleased about that, means I don't have to pursue this skill line development unless I was actively in need of anything, which I'm not. I don't do trials, hate'em and the drama that accompanies them and for dungeons what I have is plenty good.

Thanks for the replies, lets me put this skill line in the optional box and not concern myself with it. :)
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am a magica sorc, and I powerleved psijic order skill line on day 1, took me about 3h to do.

And I love EVERY ability!

There are thousands of ways too use them, PvE and PvP.

Sorcs finally got a new spamable after endless force pulse spamming.

Non-DK tanks finally got a nice AOE-CC / Also nice for PvP

Every healer got a new strong heal.

Magica FINALLY has minor force!

Meditation is just brilliant!

and a ultimate too die for!

And this is not all! a 5k shield just for having one of these abilities slotted. Major Protection while casting or channeling any of the abilities.

Yah, what can I say. I LOVE the skill line.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Time stop can be good for any fight with a ton of
    mobs, even more useful during a boss fight with a ton of adds (thinking fang lair here xD)

Adds spawn - time stop - blockade - Liquid lightning - back to boss

I love love love imbue weapons. Can finally get rid of force pulse xD

The passives aren’t anything to disregard either, if using imbue weapons you get a free merciless proc (spell orb) aaaanmd when blocking you get an automatic 5k shield

Pretty damn decent imo
    Edited by gnarlyvandal on May 31, 2018 8:33AM
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if it was OP... the cries of P2W :wink:
    Edited by Sparr0w on May 31, 2018 10:26AM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fherrit wrote: »
    I've finished the quest line on 1 char and unlocked everything, tried it out...respeced out of all of it. I saw very little to justify investing in any of it, or to put it on the skill bar of any of my chars and it struck me very much like the DB skill line, very niche and generally not at all useful. It's been a few days and I got to thinking, maybe its me not catching onto the usefulness of some Psijic skills with class/weapon skills. There have been a few skills/passives that I dismissed initially and had my butt set straight as how one goes about using them properly and had a AHA moment as a result. But with the Psijic skills? Notsomuch.

So could anyone with the time/inclination give me some points to put the skill line into a better light?

Wery good skills imho.

Pve
    Usually I'm a main tank and the Deep tougth skill is a new must have.
    Plus just slotting the ultimate ( i dont remember the name) i get minor protection.
    The shield passive is also good not op but good.

Pvp
    Deep tought>LOS hide in a corner and in 10 seconds i have max resources... sorry what?
    The minor protection ultimate is good even here plus you can troll players sometimes.
    The shield is good even here...
    Imbue weapons if you need an extra burst is not that bad.
    Aoe stun over a zerg + less healing? Timed properly it can be deadly.

In conclusion a good skill line, not op and not useless.
    Edited by Tonnopesce on May 31, 2018 9:05AM
    Signature

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well done skill line imo. I think it’s a cool addition to the game! :) it mainly grants tools that may be lacking in your class skill lines along with new sources of resource regen.
    Edited by Vaoh on May 31, 2018 9:59AM
  • Iziquiel
    Iziquiel
    ✭✭
    It looks good to me, with my 2H StamSorc I'm looking forward to having a new spammable skill and the passives look good too!

How does Time Stop match up against other cc skills like Encase?
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its better than the Warden skill lines...
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Its better than the Warden skill lines...

This is why i use it on my warden XD
    Signature

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's an excellent addition to the game. Very well designed. Not OP or "must have" but very useful in many different situations and many different play-styles.

We rarely give credit to the combat team (Wrobel usually being the butt of jokes in this forum) but they certainly deserve it in this case.

I even like the art part of the skills, to be honest. The sounds, the character animations, the skill animations. They are all new and unique instead of rehashing old animations/sounds. And I like how they are thematically linked, so you know it's a Psijic skill being cast by the colour of the effects and sounds it produces. Brilliant work from the art and graphic design teams.

Generally speaking everything new with Summerset is very well polished. I just wish they now put the same level of effort into fixing some base game issues like disappearing players, FPS drops and the multitudes of BG-related problems (queue times, 3v3v4 matches, stuck in loading screen etc.)
    EU | PC | AD
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems ok, I'm using the speed one for the damage buff on my sorc, didn't need or understand the others.

The heal is very clunky imo and because you have to aim it at your target it seems too slow when I could use other heals that don't stop me using my staff and cover an area. The heavy attack heal seems ok but again I'll just use the burst from my Twilight.

The CC is nice but not as good as encase

Meditate is ok but I don't need it on my sorc build, seems better for pvp

Imbue weapon I just don't understand how it would fit into anything.

The ultimate is fun but I can't see a use for it in PvE

I've morphed and tried all these skills btw.

Edited by greylox on May 31, 2018 11:31AM
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    greylox wrote: »
    Seems ok, I'm using the speed one for the damage buff on my sorc, didn't need or understand the others.

The heal is very clunky imo and because you have to aim it at your target it seems too slow when I could use other heals that don't stop me using my staff and cover an area. The heavy attack heal seems ok but again I'll just use the burst from my Twilight.

The CC is nice but not as good as encase

Meditate is ok but I don't need it on my sorc build, seems better for pvp

The ultimate is fun but I can't see a use for it in PvE

I've morphed and tried all these skills btw.

as a PvE magSorc I dropped Force Pulse in a flash by the option of a new spamable, Currently I run ilambris, Siroria body and bsw front bar / vma backbar.

swapped my Force Pulse for Elemental weapon
    swapped my shield with minor force buff

= win
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »

On my magsorc it was a slight dps increase over force pulse. Also, due to the skills ‘extra’ of placing a fire/lightning/ice effect on the target makes farming a perfected asylum staff (for dps) pretty redundant.

Not necessary by any means, but it’s a new primary damage (spammable) move that everyone can use, I’m really happy with that. If I want to use a Resto staff front bar it doesn’t matter any more xD (just looks better holding it to the ground than hanging loose by characters side imo)
    Probably won’t be using it on the nb as their spammable already looks decent
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love the new skill line. It's great in both PVE and PVP. Props to ZOS on this one.

PVE:
    The new spamable elemental weapon is great. I'm using it on my magblade now instead of swallow soul because it's cheaper and gives higher dps, you just lose the healing. Been also using it with great results on Magsorc, magplar, and mag warden. Channeled acceleration is also a great source of minor force for magicka users without having to go melee and use trap beast (target dummy cheese). It's got a hefty bit of cast time, but at least it lasts 36 seconds. Again, I've been seeing great results in parses with this skill.

PVP:
    Time stop is great fun on groups, especially while zerg surfing and trolling. It plays a pivotal role in keep defense now. The ultimate is also fun, especially with the morph that gives minor protection if your class didn't have access to it before. Detonation + vicious death + undo ulti = the ultimate way to troll.