The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PvE - What are quick ways off the Summerset Isles?

Core
Core
I want to test the Base chapter & Morrowind chapter - what are quick ways off the Summerset Isle? I've just started and so all the wayshrines I've visited are on Summerset Isle only, are there boats or portals perhaps?
Edited by Core on May 30, 2018 6:56AM
Why, oh why, do i often see a "then" when i should be reading a "than", but then again what's better or worse than being grammatically correct?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset hasn’t dropped on my server yet, but I can give some broad tips.

If it’s like vvardenfell, there should be a boatswain or caravaneer in the capital city. Zoom in on the city map and look for an icon that looks like an anchor or two ship wheels. They should take you to several other zones to open wayshrines.

Another travel tip for new players is that you may travel for free to any online members of any guild you belong to. It doesn’t require interacting with them at all...you just get a port to their nearest wayshrine, unlocking it for you. You can find guilds in the guild recruitment sections of this forum. Then Once you belong to one, go to social...guilds...choose guild...roster. Online members have a green icon, and selecting them opens the travel option. You can’t see the exact wayshrine, but you can see the zone. This trick is really helpful to new players in saving quick travel gold costs. You get down in a delve, complete it and don’t want to walk out...quick travel to someone in reapers March, that almost always takes you to the busy trade city of rawlkha.

Last newbie travel tip - when you hit level ten go into Cyrodiil and complete the two minute starter quest. This levels your alliance war rank and opens a skill called retreating maneuvers, which is a 30% speed boost. This is very helpful for young characters who are slowly mounting or walking across the lands. To get into Cyrodiil, once you’re level ten go to your campaign menu. Find the non-vet campaign and join it (home or guest, doesn’t matter). Then from now on this menu will allow you to queue up for Cyrodiil and travel there. You can explore if you like, Cyrodiil is huge and cool...but for this it’s just a quest at the gate when you get in. They ask you to fire a siege, then give you enough reward ap to unlock the speed skill.

Welcome to the game!

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depending on what your faction is, you should already have an unlocked wayshrine in your started city.......Davon's Watch in Stonefalls for EP, Daggerfall in Glenumbra for DC, and Vuhkel Guard in Auridon for AD.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Core wrote: »
    I want to test the Base chapter & Morrowind chapter - what are quick ways off the Summerset Isle? I've just started and so all the wayshrines I've visited are on Summerset Isle only, are there boats or portals perhaps?
    Zoom out of the map from Summerset so you can see the rest of Tamriel.

This will display several Wayshrines you can go to.

If you have the DLC installed, each of those zones will also have an open wayshrine.
  • Core
    Core
    All your posts here helped me with adventuring a ton, thank you!
    Why, oh why, do i often see a "then" when i should be reading a "than", but then again what's better or worse than being grammatically correct?