The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Enticing Possible Returnees

KnucklesESO
KnucklesESO
Soul Shriven
Evening! I just returned from my first year at college for the summer and found myself in the need of a game to heavily grind for the summer. I obviously came looking at ESO again as I had an enjoyable time in the game in the past. That being said with Summerset now being out it will cost me a total of $45 if I wish to rejoin and play again unrestricted. For me it is simply unfeasible to play without an ESO+ subscription and obviously I'm going to want to have access to the new Trial/Dungeon content. $45 is just a little pricey for me to recommit to a game that I've already payed for time and time again. That being said I have a simple suggestion. I understand you are a company and your goal is to make money. I also understand that most mmos are much more expensive to start playing which already puts you guys ahead. However, If you added a month of ESO+ to your digital upgrade option I think you would be able to entice some of your old semi-hardcore to hardcore players to return. Especially in a time where the mmo scene is so dry and it looks as though it will remain that way for at least another year. Just a suggestion from a former player, take it as you will.
Lvl 50 Dunmer Magicka DK
Lvl 50 Dunmer Nightblade Healer
Lvl 50 Orc Stamina Templar
Lvl 50 Bosmer Stamina Nightblade
Lvl 50 Altmer Magicka Sorcerer
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they added a month of play time to the expansion it would cost more.

Zos has pondered the pricing and has taken much into consideration. They likely chose to not include some ESO+ time to keep the price down a little bit. Essentially they put a value on it and it is what it is.

It seems like Zos could add a month without costing them any money, but it clearly would. For starters Zos would lose revenue from all those subscribed and that is the biggest revenue per month per players.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What would happen to those who already have a subscription and purchase the digital upgrade? Especially if they purchase through another site rather than ESO directly? Would they add a month and skip your next renewal? Or would current subs get a 'too bad, so sad' emoji shrug like the owners of Morrowind got when it was included in Summerset?

Though I understand why you'd want this, I don't see it being a win for a lot of people, or enough of a cost offset to be beneficial to ZOS.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS