The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO DLCs/Monetization + Daily Reward idea

kotkowski
kotkowski
Soul Shriven
Seeing http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/318841/Get_a_job_ZeniMax_Online_Studios_is_hiring_an_ESO_Monetization_Designer.php job offer I thought about revisiting old DLCs and using Daily Reward system coming I thought about making old DLCs more... alive...

Sooo, what's about?

- New DLCs will be available only via direct payment (like Chapters) + free for ESO+ members
- After 3/6 months gap they'll land at Crown Store with normal price
- Crowns would be monthly reward from Daily Login (Something like: 14 days of consecuative logging - 100 crowns, 30 days - another 300 crowns, not many, just letting players get DLCs via normal playing)

Why it would be good idea?
1) Areas like Imperial City are just... empty... And without players, you can't... well, pvp
2) Amount of DLCs required to buy is considered unappealing for new players, who often resign early seeing the full map locked, because "DLC Required"
3) There'll be way shorter queues for DLC Dungeons
4) Low amount of crowns earned will require much time (using example, to get any Dungeon Pack you'd be required to play 5 months without day of break/30months of playing 14days each month) , which shouldn't affect Zenimax earning negatively, I would say it'll be opposite
5) It would decrease amount of negative feedback about all thoose DLCs
  • kotkowski
    kotkowski
    Soul Shriven
    Forgot about increased earnings, caused by players buying DLCs early to get "NEW META LOOT" early
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

a couple of things,
    New DLCs will be available only via direct payment (like Chapters)
    No. The moment I see everything in a game gated behind a pay wall I just turn away.
    14 days of consecuative logging - 100 crowns
    Way too few. Turning a game into a day job by forcing players to log in daily, I don't like this one bit.
    you'd be required to play 5 months without day of break/30months of playing 14days each month
    Obligatory grinds are what drive people away, at least westerners. Koreans are typically the hardcore types. Many developers have dropped the compulsory quest model and changed to a more casual system.

At the end of the day games are supposed to be leisure, entertainment and rewarding, not frustration, endless grind over scraps. Challenging, yes, frustrating, no. Inserting obligatory elements no longer makes them a leisure.

You forget that some got a day job and won't force themselves to log every day just to earn breadcrumbs.

Conclusion:
    The current system is good. The only problem I see in the absurd pricing.
    Edited by Inoki on May 28, 2018 10:15PM