The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Suggestion: change Imbue Weapons skill to avoid spam

logarifmik
logarifmik
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently saw rotations with this new skill from the Psijic Order skill line. To put it short, they all look something like this: throw your DoTs, spam Imbue Weapon with light attack until DoTs end, repeat. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of such skill, but for now it leads to spamming same ability over and over again, which I find dull. Will not it be better mechanic-wise to apply Imbue Weapon buff for, lets say, next X (> 1) attacks during time T (> current 2 sec), for example?
EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah ... thats kinda the point of a spammable ability ... to be spammed in-between other abilities to avoid down time.
    Will not it be better mechanic-wise to apply Imbue Weapon buff for, lets say, next X (> 1) attacks during time T (> current 2 sec), for example?

... and then you would need to find ... a spammable :D
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    Yeah ... thats kinda the point of a spammable ability ... to be spammed in-between other abilities to avoid down time.
    Will not it be better mechanic-wise to apply Imbue Weapon buff for, lets say, next X (> 1) attacks during time T (> current 2 sec), for example?

But it less annoying to spam light attacks, no?
    Edited by logarifmik on May 28, 2018 3:23PM
    Options
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »

That is the point of a spammable skill....

You spam it during the free time in your rotation.
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
    Options
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The game allows you to use every second (roughly):
    - One light attack
    - One skill

If you are using only skills or only light attacks, you are not doing as much damage as you could (should)

Changing imbue weapon to buff multiple light attacks wouldn't help you because better players would then use other skills with each next light attack while you would "spam light attacks".

What you want will not happen, no.
    Edited by Aznox on May 28, 2018 4:06PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
    Options
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imbue weapon gives Bow and 2H (stam) a much needed "true" spammable within their rotations. It has helped my bow/bow character out tremendously.

By true spammable, I mean that it's effects are done immediately, and not a DoT like Cleave or Poison Arrow, which in turns allows us to extract the full value from those skills as they tick away instead of constantly replacing them and severely gimping ourselves.
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
    Options
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...you find spamming force pulse 3-4 times a rotation or whip 8 times in a rotation better?
    Options
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right, I got it, such "true spammable" ability is completely alright and it perfectly fits MMO game mechanic. Comrades @Raraaku, @Aznox, for such informative answers you have my sincere gratitude. Moderators, close this pointless thread, please.
    Edited by logarifmik on May 28, 2018 8:07PM
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Idk what you're getting at. Inbue weapon is a spammable skill, and light attacks are weaved inbetween skills in rotations. It's just how it is.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Right, I got it, such "true spammable" ability is completely alright and it perfectly fits MMO game mechanic. Comrades @Raraaku, @Aznox, for such informative answers you have my sincere gratitude. Moderators, close this pointless thread, please.

Every dps role tends to utilise a spammable skill, I simply replaced force pulse with this because I’m bored of looking at the same old skill.

I’m actually really happy they’ve added a universal spammable that isn’t restricted to a weapon (edit: you still have to light attack for the damage to hit)

Your issue seems to be more with how the games fighting mechanics are designed than anything else tbh..
    Edited by gnarlyvandal on May 28, 2018 10:33PM
    Options