Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of August 5:
· PC/Mac: No maintenance – August 5
· NA megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· EU megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/663391

This is NOT a display case.

Hortator Indoril Nerevar
Hortator Indoril Nerevar
✭✭✭✭✭
First off, Summerset has been amazing and I have loved the new content. Thank you for all the hard work that was put into it.

However with something that took this much work sometimes things will be missed and overlooked. In relation to this thread it is the new achievement item you can obtain from Summerset which is a "display" case. I will show you the Display case below labeled (B) and in that same photo you will see two other items labeled (A).

WrpE4oe.jpg

The next photo will show you the same "display" case but this time with the two items inside of it.

MWFpBbH.png

Now I will show you what it looks like with those same items half way inside.

uKslC4Y.png

I believe that the glass is very murky and dirty which makes this more of a "Hmm what is that inside that" case more than a "display" case. They have added in other display cases (not achievement unlocked ones like the above) that you can obtain from the crown store and very rare new housing furnishing plans. They appear to be far clearer but still kind of dirty and murky. I will show them below.

ftQWLAu.png
PPG6VZB.png

They look better and a bit more clear but they are also outside in 100% sunlight in those photos and still remain a little dirty and murky.

Anyways the point of this thread is to ask if we can have the glass cleaned with some windex or something to make them ALL crystal clear. However if that goes ignored can I at least find out who I should contact to get my gold back on the 7x Display cases I bought from the achievement store for 175K since they are display cases that lack the ability to display items.

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Comments and answers I know are incoming..

Comment: "You bought 175K worth before checking what they look like?! Its your own fault!"
Answer: I have a lot of gold and thought I would save time if I bought all of the cases I would need instead of loading in and out of zones each time. Foolish me for thinking I should be able to display items in a DISPLAY case. If it was the wrong size or color wood I would of never made this post and been okay with my risk of buying them all at once however I feel the glass being almost impossible to see through warrants a issue. Yes I should of been more careful I agree however I also should get a display case with the ability to display items.

Comment: "Who cares?"
Answer: Not you.

Comment: "Just get the other cases and not the achievement one?"
Answer: I feel the achievement item should not be useless and I will be using all three in my houses.

Comment: "You need more light inside the house"
Answer: I believe they are still dirty and murky in 100% sun light. They are much better but I think you would need a unreasonable amount of light inside to make them as clear as I believe they should be as display cases.

Comment: "What are you talking about.. I see the items inside it just fine"
Answer: I am a very rare type of color blind and if everyone in this post can see them fine and its just me... damn.. ignore the thread and rip me.

Edited by Hortator Indoril Nerevar on May 28, 2018 6:49AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, Summerset has been amazing and I have loved the new content. Thank you for all the hard work that was put into it.

However with something that took this much work sometimes things will be missed and overlooked. In relation to this thread it is the new achievement item you can obtain from Summerset which is a "display" case. I will show you the Display case below labeled (B) and in that same photo you will see two other items labeled (A).

WrpE4oe.jpg

The next photo will show you the same "display" case but this time with the two items inside of it.

MWFpBbH.png

Now I will show you what it looks like with those same items half way inside.

uKslC4Y.png

I believe that the glass is very murky and dirty which makes this more of a "Hmm what is that inside that" case more than a "display" case. They have added in other display cases (not achievement unlocked ones like the above) that you can obtain from the crown store and very rare new housing furnishing plans. They appear to be far clearer but still kind of dirty and murky. I will show them below.

ftQWLAu.png
    PPG6VZB.png

They look better and a bit more clear but they are also outside in 100% sunlight in those photos and still remain a little dirty and murky.

Anyways the point of this thread is to ask if we can have the glass cleaned with some windex or something to make them ALL crystal clear. However if that goes ignored can I at least find out who I should contact to get my gold back on the 7x Display cases I bought from the achievement store for 175K since they are display cases that lack the ability to display items.

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Comments and answers I know are incoming..

Comment: "You bought 175K worth before checking what they look like?! Its your own fault!"
    Answer: I have a lot of gold and thought I would save time if I bought all of the cases I would need instead of loading in and out of zones each time. Foolish me for thinking I should be able to display items in a DISPLAY case. If it was the wrong size or color wood I would of never made this post and been okay with my risk of buying them all at once however I feel the glass being almost impossible to see through warrants a issue. Yes I should of been more careful I agree however I also should get a display case with the ability to display items.

Comment: "Who cares?"
    Answer: Not you.

Comment: "Just get the other cases and not the achievement one?"
    Answer: I feel the achievement item should not be useless and I will be using all three in my houses.

Comment: "You need more light inside the house"
    Answer: I believe they are still dirty and murky in 100% sun light. They are much better but I think you would need a unreasonable amount of light inside to make them as clear as I believe they should be as display cases.

Answer: I am a very rare type of color blind and if everyone in this post can see them fine and its just me... damn.. ignore the thread and rip me.

ofc the crown ones would be better quality
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does really defeat the purpose of a DISPLAY Case if you can't even see what's being displayed.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not to worry, it's not just you. ;)
    These display cases are useless for displaying stuff, absolutely agree.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, where do you get this as an achievement? (*Edit* Apparently it's from the achievement vendor in Summerset) Sorry to derail the thread slightly, but I didn't even know this was a thing. I've spent the past three days working on getting that Savior of Summerset achievement, but didn't notice an achievement that got you a display case. "Savior" got me a fan that turns me into a monkey and a nice blue dye, though.

FYI, there's also a quest that will give you a painting of the Summerset coast as a house furnishing. It's given by an Altmer woman on the docks of one of the western cities on Summerset (not Alinor). She's an artist, and is standing next to a painting. You only get the painting if you give the dyes back to the woman at the end, though, not the man. He gives you crap worth 500 gold instead.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on June 3, 2018 11:31PM
    Options
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not just you; that's definitely not something that should be called a display case. the contents are about as visible as they'd be inside a Common Crate, Reinforced. certainly worth fixing.
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However with something that took this much work sometimes things will be missed and overlooked. In relation to this thread it is the new achievement item you can obtain from Summerset which is a "display" case...
    ...and don't we all wish the display case had an "openable inventory" where you could place other items "to display" and then place the "filled" case as one object?

Just like I keep wishing the same for bookcases. Them having an "openable inventory" where you can place books (or other bookcasable knicknacks, like scrolls, skulls, whatever), then place the "filled" bookcase as one object in your house, with the books places -just so- they are click-and readable...
    Options
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, I was very disappointed even at the preview. For a bunch of snooty elegance fiends these Altmer are lousy housekeepers if they can't even clean glass.
    Options
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just pretend there is something inside and save some of those precious slots. :/
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I should get one of those for my pile of gold you can get if you fence a million gold worth of stuff. The pile of gold looks more like a pile of dead leaves and hiding it behind glass that can't be seen through just might be what I need.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe putting a light source inside the case will help?
    Options
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Maybe putting a light source inside the case will help?

That would be an interesting experiment. If you put a light inside the display case, would you even be able to see it?
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
    Options
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lighting definitely helps. I had the same issue, but it became better once I put candles in it. (yeah I know, not very immersive...)

Without lights:

a84iEXQ.jpgp

With candles:

stadh6J.jpg

And with a blessing stone if you find candles in a display case 'not done':

Itelu7A.jpg

Interestingly enough the display case is only murky from the front. When you look at it from above, it's clear even without a lighting source. o_O

JfyOlgz.jpg
    Options
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it’s just the Case itself that’s on Display.....
    Options
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried putting a light inside it? Not sure it would fix the problem, but the lighting in ESO can sometimes be really strange.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
    Options
  • lordspyder
    lordspyder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have said, lighting it from inside makes it better

Zc06Lw1.png

EoeHLVH.png
    Options
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, I do totally agree that these display cases should be clear, and not murky. The less item slots you need to use the better!
    I realize I did the "guy thing" by offering a solution, instead of empathizing. ^^"

Options
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's lame :(
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
    Options
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just another example of the busted, worn down, dirty & dingy aesthetics that people over at ZOS think makes things look AWESOME!

However, it doesn't, it really doesn't. It just makes things look like people of Tamriel don't care about their stuff, and haven't ever heard of repairing things, and can't be arsed to clean their ***.
    Options
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    While putting a light source in it apparently makes the glass clearer I think we shouldn't have to waste one Furnishing Slot in order to make items serve their purpose. We don't have nearly enough furnishing slots even with ESO plus and this just seems like a sneaky way to make you but the Crown Store version.

This doesn't even make me angry, it makes me sad tbh.
    Options
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, thank you for all the comments so far. Can we get a response from a ZOS staff members on this thread please? I just want to know if I need the display cases or not and cant know until they respond haha.
    Options
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, with light inside, it becomes kind of clearish, and works pretty well. Without lights, it is dingy, dirty, murky? Awesome! That gives it two purposes! If I get my dream of a player house that is an old church with graveyard type look, or catacombs? I can dec it out with dusty, murky looking cases!! =) AMBIANCE!
    Options
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »
    So, with light inside, it becomes kind of clearish, and works pretty well. Without lights, it is dingy, dirty, murky? Awesome! That gives it two purposes! If I get my dream of a player house that is an old church with graveyard type look, or catacombs? I can dec it out with dusty, murky looking cases!! =) AMBIANCE!

The first scenario you talk about uses a lot of unneeded housing slots and still isnt clear enough.
    Options
  • SixVoltCar
    SixVoltCar
    ✭✭✭
    So you want there NOT to be glass in it-- wouldn't it then cease to be a "case"?

They should give you barrels instead.
    Edited by SixVoltCar on May 29, 2018 9:13AM
    Options
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh my God, put a *** light inside of it or drop the whole thing, stop yelling for changes YOU feel is needed. Can I tell you something? YOU did not make this game.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    Oh my God, put a *** light inside of it or drop the whole thing, stop yelling for changes YOU feel is needed. Can I tell you something? YOU did not make this game.

Really?

You don't see a problem with DISPLAY cases not DISPLAYING items?

Not possible that ZOZ made (yet another) mistake?
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SixVoltCar wrote: »
    So you want there NOT to be glass in it-- wouldn't it then cease to be a "case"?

Or CLEAN glass - lol.

I begin to wonder how peoples' windows/class cabinets look irl who post these type of things.
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    It's just another example of the busted, worn down, dirty & dingy aesthetics that people over at ZOS think makes things look AWESOME!

However, it doesn't, it really doesn't. It just makes things look like people of Tamriel don't care about their stuff, and haven't ever heard of repairing things, and can't be arsed to clean their ***.

This!

I'd be ashamed if my Liquor Cabinet's glass looked like this!
    Options
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, I enjoy the current version as I can trow my achievement items with powerful glows inside of it, and it will dim the light for the outside.

KEEP AS IT IS!
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
    Options
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    Though I've not actually made any yet, I too bought them, LOL, jokes on us huh, ZoS?
    Yet another '£uc%-you-very-much for your time' from a great company!
    :|
    Options
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Refer to below...
    Mureel wrote: »

Or CLEAN glass - lol.

I begin to wonder how peoples' windows/class cabinets look irl who post these type of things.

and next..

kikkehs wrote: »

You must be one of those old people who think anyone with a opinion shouldnt have a opinion while you yourself have a opinion.

Its a display case that barely displays items. Simple. End. Take your weirdly aggressive opposition to people having a opinion somewhere else... such a weird reaction... did someone cut you off on the way home or something lol..

Options