The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Purchased motifs, Account wide unlock.

HjorrMundGandr
HjorrMundGandr
✭✭✭
I have purchased Frostcaster Motif from the crown store back when it was released 2 years ago.
Fast forward to now, I have changed my main character, no longer playing a Templar and now into a NB.

I have obtained most of my motifs for this NB. But to my amaze It is not unlocked for all of your characters just the active character that ate the book. I'm not happy with this as, now I either have to purchase 5000 crowns for each of my characters in order for them to be a crafter of this style...!??!? Like all other content in the crown store, like mounts etc... they should be account unlocked not character based. Can we see this changed @ZOS_GinaBruno.

Thoughts?
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds completely reasonable to me. To zos it sounds like you want to spend another 5000 crowns...
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One reason the outfit system was introduced was basically to provide a solution to this problem because your new character can use the motif at an outfit station.
    Edited by weedgenius on May 28, 2018 12:07AM
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works as intended. Like every other motif. You are buying a motif, not buying an unlock. Been this way the whole time. It does not state it unlocks it for all your characters... 'all other content' except all other content is a fallacy. Many things are account bound, but most unlocks are not. Consumables, outfit slots... Even furniture is single item purchases
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they increased the crown cost significantly, maybe 10k-15k crowns I can see that. As it is the current cost for buying a motif with crowns is fairly cheap considering.

I have wondered who purchases those motifs once they go on sale since they are often cheap in game by that time.
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    One reason the outfit system was introduced was basically to provide a solution to this problem because your new character can use the motif at an outfit station.

This is one way around it I was not thinking of. But that's all well and good, your characters can use they style thanks to the outfit system. But to fill in the OCD hole of achievement farming and character completion, its still locked out. ( yes I know there is no actual achievement for obtaining Frostcaster) But its still a motif that CAN be collected or can be crafted, I don't want to have to swap toons just to craft a Style I purchased. I feel people are just going to be telling me to " Use and outfit" "its a simple solution". What I am trying to bring to light is inconstancy within the crown store.
    • Mounts
    • hair styles
    • Furnature
    • Houses
    • non combat pets
    • Skins
    • Costumes
    • Body Markings
    • Momento's
    • Bankers and Mechants
    • Storage Crates
    All of these things are Account universal
    Works as intended. Like every other motif. You are buying a motif, not buying an unlock. Been this way the whole time. It does not state it unlocks it for all your characters... 'all other content' except all other content is a fallacy. Many things are account bound, but most unlocks are not. Consumables, outfit slots... Even furniture is single item purchases

Let me clarify, Most other, Majority of other, lot's of other content. Consumables and outfit slots are the minority here. Come on you know what I'm talking about. Yes many other things are account bound, and many other things are character bound. But are you telling me that purchasing a house should be locked to the character that signed the deed? Should purchased furniture items not exist in the house with another character?

That would be a great deal to pick up those motifs say at 750 Crowns.

But 5000 Crowns that's $34 x 12 If you were so inclined to get all your characters the motif.

Would you be happy with paying $408 just for 1 motif on all slots.
    I'm not saying you have to do this, as I stated before, there is no achievement for these crown store motifs. Maybe there should be? Or maybe just account wide unlock?

Either way Ill just put on a costume and reside back to my cave. I don't see this changing any time soon. I would rather spend my money on DLC chapters ( IC, DB, TG, O...etc)

Edited by HjorrMundGandr on May 28, 2018 8:01AM
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    As it is the current cost for buying a motif with crowns is fairly cheap
    Excuse me, how is 5000 Crowns (over 30 EUR) cheap. That is basically a price of a whole game and we're talking about a motif that only changes the appearance of one's armour. 30 EUR is a lot of money for something as trivial.

1) it should definitely be made significantly cheaper and 2) account wide.
    Edited by Inoki on May 28, 2018 8:34AM
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people might disagree but this is honestly the only way to add actual value to the motif books in the crown store. Unless it's a crown-exclusive motif, there's no point in buying them with real money - and the price of 5000 crowns would be justified only if all your characters could use said style in crafting.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer