Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has the game size increased after update?

UglyBunnyCu
UglyBunnyCu
✭✭✭
"the launcher has detected you do not have enough hard drive space free to update the game"
how much more space do i need if its not 85gb anymore?
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Summerset expansion is ~9gb. Of course if you are getting Morrowind bundled with it that would go larger. Also when I went through the process the game went through an update process on ~53gb? I assumed it was my current game files being patched. How does ZOS handle this process? Do they make a dupilcate folder and run it through that? This I do not know.

Perhaps you need to make sure the directories involved have write permissions.
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mine is 67.6 GB

Untitled.jpg
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need more space for the installation process than the game will actually take on the hard drive.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    You need more space for the installation process than the game will actually take on the hard drive.
    Yes, it need to keep the downloaded files, the extracted ones and the old ones at once.
    You could do this gradually but this is harder to program and will ruin both your download and existing game if anything goes wrong. Now ruining the existing game for an MMO who require newest version is not an major issue but installation programs are something you buy and they are designed for other software to there you want update to roll back on previous version if fails.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Chicharron wrote: »
    mine is 67.6 GB

Untitled.jpg

Mine is 79GB wut...
  • UglyBunnyCu
    UglyBunnyCu
    ✭✭✭
    i have about 95 gb free space, that isn't enough?
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Summerset expansion is ~9gb. Of course if you are getting Morrowind bundled with it that would go larger. Also when I went through the process the game went through an update process on ~53gb? I assumed it was my current game files being patched. How does ZOS handle this process? Do they make a dupilcate folder and run it through that? This I do not know.

Perhaps you need to make sure the directories involved have write permissions.

Whether you get morrowind bundled or not does not matter, the client is the same regardless, and it will have all game assets downloaded, whether you have morrowind or not...

• D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    Chicharron wrote: »
    mine is 67.6 GB

Untitled.jpg

Mine is 79GB wut...

Addons and saved variables as well as screenshots and probably other things as well.
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    To answer your first question, yes, usually games do increase in size with updated. Your subsequent questions, you probably need space for temp files and such.
  • UglyBunnyCu
    UglyBunnyCu
    ✭✭✭
    Odnoc wrote: »
    To answer your first question, yes, usually games do increase in size with updated. Your subsequent questions, you probably need space for temp files and such.

i can't really afford anymore space? do i need to get new computer now
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭

Why would you get a new computer?
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just buy a harddrive. If you have a laptop get an external one.
  • UglyBunnyCu
    UglyBunnyCu
    ✭✭✭
    JaZ2091 wrote: »

Just buy a harddrive. If you have a laptop get an external one.

I have no idea how these things work, and yeah i have msi laptop
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use an external hard drive for my steam games. makes them portable between my desktop and laptop. though with the difference an ssd makes to eso, if you go external, id suggest an ssd.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most gaming laptops have room for additional hard drives, so that would be an option.

or something like the Samsung T5 external SSD.
    https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-T5-Portable-SSD-MU-PA500B/dp/B073GZBT36/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527984180&sr=8-3&keywords=samsung+t5&dpID=318I0KrjRKL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

This is the size if the PTS is also downloaded.
    6WYeMbC.png

Edited by kyle.wilson on June 3, 2018 12:09AM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mines 67.6 GB wtf... It's probably double that when you install..

Also a heads up i'm on Win 7 not Win 10.
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 3, 2018 12:27AM
  • UglyBunnyCu
    UglyBunnyCu
    ✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Mines 67.6 GB wtf... It's probably double that when you install..

Also a heads up i'm on Win 7 not Win 10.

If you're talking about the game wanting you to install twice i already fixed it, launcher just always gives small updates that i seemingly cannot afford anymore. I'm also using steam version.

-Store page says game requires 85 gb, so when i always play the game i have about 10 gb left and everything worked fine until summerset, so i assume you purchase dlc's or not the their data will still be installed in your computer
    Edited by UglyBunnyCu on June 3, 2018 9:47AM
  • UglyBunnyCu
    UglyBunnyCu
    ✭✭✭
    Is it possible to download eso here even i bought it on steam?
  • UglyBunnyCu
    UglyBunnyCu
    ✭✭✭

bump, really wanna play the game
    Edited by UglyBunnyCu on June 20, 2018 3:30AM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I do not believe so no..
  • UglyBunnyCu
    UglyBunnyCu
    ✭✭✭
    so if this oversize issue only occurs in steam version are we getting fix for that as well?
  • UglyBunnyCu
    UglyBunnyCu
    ✭✭✭
    can more people tell me what is their game size when bought from website? its crazy that i need over 95 gb it cant be
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Could easily use 135 GB when downloading it the first time - downland + install
    as the install is now 67.6 GB (72,669,698,779 bytes)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • UglyBunnyCu
    UglyBunnyCu
    ✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Could easily use 135 GB when downloading it the first time - downland + install
    as the install is now 67.6 GB (72,669,698,779 bytes)

But i was able to download and play it fine before summerset came out