Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fish - filleting bug (please add name if experiencing)

Keredh
Keredh
I'm encountering a random filleting bug that means that, part-way through a stack, I stop filleting. I can then switch to another stack and fillet a couple of fish before it stops.

Zoning seems to allow filleting to resume, but it then bugs out. Same with logging out and back and even a full quit.

Once bugged, I can't then deposit the stack in the bank. The thing is driving me nuts tbh.

If you are experiencing the same, please consider adding your name.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addon?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Keredh
    Keredh
    Still happens with Votan's fillet stack disabled (and all of Votan's fishing add-ons disabled).

I wonder if it is a wider inventory bug? I had a problem also with jewellery saying it was being researched but still showing up in my inventory...
    Edited by Keredh on May 27, 2018 5:30PM
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    I am experiencing this too intermittently. Some observations:

- EU PC server
    - Never seen this in the 30K plus fish I caught and filleted before Summerset release, but has been a consistent problem since.
    - Up to today I could fillet my fish outside of peak hours (daytime before diner and late after midnight) but between 20:30 and midnight CET it would always lock up within 5 fish. Today is the first time I am having problems with it outside of peak hours too.
    - When it locks up, you actually do receive a filleted fish, however the stack counter does NOT decrease. For example today I started with a stack of 49, it locked up on the 5th fish, I received 5 filleted fish, but the stack counter had only decreased by 4 to 45.
    - I have tried this with Votan's Fish Fillet addon, without the addon just pressing the E key, and even without ANY addons installed at all, none of it makes a difference, it still locks up.
    - I also tried various locations like a quiet zone or private residence, but that didn't help either.
    - Once it locks up reloadui does not unblock it, logging out to character select does unblock it.
    - It seems to work per fish type, if it locks on Dhufish I can move on to my Longfin stack but not fillet any Dhufish anymore. When I do try to use the Dhufish stack, the fillet anim and sound play and the rotating anim on the inventory icon plays 1 time (normally it plays 2 times, 1st one during the anim and the 2nd time when your char returns to idle position and the stack counter is decreased) but I get no fish anymore and the stack counter doesn't change.

To me it seems something goes wrong when the client communicates with the server to see if I get a Perfect Roe. I do get the fish (which doesn't require a random roll) but it seems as if the reply on whether I get a roe or not never makes it back to the client which results in the client locking up somehow.
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys using the new double fish food?
  • Thaumic
    Thaumic
    ✭✭✭
    I also get this, and I don't think it's just fish it may be all consumables as mentioned in this thread : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/415402/consumables-bug

I'm also on PC-EU and have tried with no add-ons installed and repairing the game to no effect. I submitted a bug report in game.

It's most easily noticeable with fish but I also had it where a stolen drink (just one not a stack) also got 'stuck.' It actually applied the buff but was not deleted from inventory, meaning it could be re-used multiple times.

It also seems to happen whether using from a quick slot or from within the inventory. Once a stack has become 'stuck' any new items of the same type will start a new stack which cannot be combined with the other until zoning / re-logging whereupon the stack becomes briefly usable again, until it gets re-stuck.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff)
  • Keredh
    Keredh
    It's incredibly frustrating and I am surprised by how what should really be a minor inconvenience is having quite an impact on how much I enjoy playing. Like Beamer, I have tried filleting in quiet areas, with and without add-ons, single fish etc and it is the same each time.

And like Thaumic, as I said on that other thread, I think the fish is just the most obvious manifestation of a more general bug with items 'used' from the inventory.
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    yep im having the same problem to.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I noticed, which may be the cause of this, is that the fish doesn't show a cooldown until after the filleting animation has played, in the inventory view anyway.
    You click a fish to use it and filet it and the animation plays before you then see the icon of the fish in your inventory dim and a line move up the fish to indicate the cooldown.

As a side note, why the hell don't we have a "fillet all" option yet? Even if it takes the same amount of time for repeated filleting or if it were instant. This is just very necessary because it is stupid tedious. Lazy developers.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same happen not just just with fish fillet, but also in cyro with using sieges that refuse to be placed, or repair materials, and everytime it says 'item not ready'.
    Happens will all addons disabled.
    Noticed intersting thing when you have 1siege, used it to siege and than taking it back to inventory - sometimes this siege doubling and shows as 2 sieges and you unable to use it. Some kind of desync?