The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

AUI to LUI move?

Ostacia
Ostacia
✭✭✭✭✭
So, it looks like AUI is not going to be updated and so I need to make the move to LUI I guess? Any advice? How different are they? What's the learning curve like? Thanks!
PC/ NA
Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bandit UI. Try it, I made the switch a while ago and never looked back.
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    There shouldn't be too much of a learning curve. LUI is a big addon - but I've done my best to keep the menus organized and fairly fluid.

If you have any questions about settings things up you're welcome to hit me up here or on the addon comments. I usually respond a bit faster on ESOUI than here.

For a base rundown a few differences:

LUI doesn't have a minimap like AUI - I'd suggest using Votan's Minimap as a replacement. I might add one eventually. Also I'm not sure if AUI has a quest tracker, if it does I don't have one in LUI currently yet - also another possibly to be added later.

LUI has quite a few things that AUI doesn't feature:
    -- Highlight & timer on active abilities on your bar (Similar to Action Duration Reminder)
    -- Prominent buffs & debuffs - special containers for buffs/debuffs important to you that display a timer bar and label to stand out from normal buffs/debuffs
    -- Slash Command expansion - a ton of new slash commands (some with bindings) to bring more standard MMO functionality into the game. /duel, /trade, /guideinvite, /merchant, etc...
    -- 1000+ new ability icons for NPC abilities, improved icons for some player pet abilities, and a table of overrides to hide useless dummy buffs/debuffs or add icons for buffs/debuffs that are missing. With the addition of being able to consolidate major/minor buffs into single icons for abilities like Hurricane, Green Dragon Blood, etc...
    -- Combat Text alerts about abilities incoming on the player (similiar to the base game block/dodge alerts) but expanded to include more feedback (NPC name, ability name, icon).
    -- In the next update - a cast bar for player abilities.
    Edited by ArtOfShred on May 27, 2018 5:51PM
  • Dysturbed
    Dysturbed
    ✭✭✭
    So, it looks like AUI is not going to be updated and so I need to make the move to LUI I guess? Any advice? How different are they? What's the learning curve like? Thanks!

So it is definate AUI wont be updated?
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Dysturbed wrote: »
    So it is definate AUI wont be updated?

I can't directly answer that but I will let you know that as far as I know the AUI author isn't really active on any of the social (Discord, Gitter) addon development channels so it may be relatively up in the air if you haven't seen any communication from them.

• Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AUI still works for summerset. Idk why you want to change it.

If it is because of the UI bug, edit /AddOns/AUI/functions/Events.lua on line 570 and replace QUEST_TRACKER by FOCUSED_QUEST_TRACKER

(credits to Faldaar on the esoui forum).

• Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Art of Shred for such a detailed response. I've installed LUI via Minion and have yet to play with it (except for that one time - apparently I need to turn off some text on the screen combat alert things), but it seems to fit the bill.

And thanks, LIttlebluelizard (what a cute name!), but I'd already uninstalled AUI and deleted the settings when I did...oy.

All of this and trying to become a pet-less sorcerer all in one day. I must be nuts!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Dysturbed
    Dysturbed
    ✭✭✭

If it is because of the UI bug, edit /AddOns/AUI/functions/Events.lua on line 570 and replace QUEST_TRACKER by FOCUSED_QUEST_TRACKER

did that still doesnt seem to fix it.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the UI error? Maybe it's the modules you're using? I am using Minimap, Quest Tracker and Unit Frames only with no errors.
  • Dysturbed
    Dysturbed
    ✭✭✭

What's the UI error? Maybe it's the modules you're using? I am using Minimap, Quest Tracker and Unit Frames only with no errors.

AddOns/AUI/Functions/events:lua:308: ) 'de'
    plus the questracker would not work even with the fix is was stuck on one quest.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AddOns/AUI/Functions/events:lua:308: ) 'de'
    plus the questracker would not work even with the fix is was stuck on one quest.

Delete AUI and it's SavedVariables and download it again, then try the fix I posted before. Sounds like the code spaghetti'd itself. This is what I have on line 308:

local function OnQuestAdded(eventCode, journalIndex, questName, objectiveName)

I don't know what 'de' is supossed to be :/.
  • Dysturbed
    Dysturbed
    ✭✭✭
    That fixed it. Deleted everything redown loaded it then fixed the line now all is fine thanks.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

I agree, Bandit's is excellent. I recently switched over to it, as well.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1643-BanditsUserInterface.html
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    Leandor wrote: »

I agree, Bandit's is excellent. I recently switched over to it, as well.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1643-BanditsUserInterface.html

Woah! That looks pretty darned amazing. Is it stable and do all the bits work correctly? Looks like it does the jobs of 20 add ons lol
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i just opened it in notepad, searched QUEST_TRACKER and added FOCUSED_ and error gone. thank you very much
  • GizmoX64
    GizmoX64
    ✭✭
    Best part of AUI is the Mini Map, and party / group UI.
    The Mini Map (vs Votan) doesn't redraw when going to the full screen map, where Votan's does.
    And I have yet to find a better raid / group / party bar then AUI, as you can right click on them and do a bunch of commands, like Kick, Promote, Whisper, Travel to, etc.
    I use Clean UI to polish up the whole UI.

I will take a look at the fix posted, ( I run over 100 addons, and only get 2 bug splats, AUI is one of them)

I'd really like to learn how to edit these addons, so I can keep the ones I use updated, but it's not like modding Company of Heros (1 or 2), or Civilization 4, where you just edit or clone existing xml files.
    LUA programming is beyond me, I can't wrap my head around how { bla bla this that = no, if then = bla } translates into anything.

I will check out those other 2 UI addons though.
  • calia1120
    calia1120
    ✭✭✭
    There is a patch for AUI on ESOUI .
    GM, Iron Bank of Bravos | The Psijic Order | Mara's Tester/Mara's Moxie | Dominion Imperial Guard
    Council of Nirn | elderscrollsalliance.com | Addon Dev - part of the Wykkyd code team
  • robert.baddeleyub17_ESO
    I use LUI in conjunction with Dark UI. I disable the LUI unit frames and use the default though, just out of personal preference.