The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Transmuted Items] Unable to improve equipment

Qyrk
Qyrk
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi team,

I transmuted my illambris shoulders to Divines (it is currently purple). When I try to improve it to gold, it doesn't show the specific equipment. Currently there was no addons that is active and the item is not locked.

Can you please assist as this may be a bug?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • ezcrash115
    ezcrash115
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the exact same issue I just transmuted a blood Spawn light helmet to impenetrable from well fit that was purple then I tried to upgrade it to gold and cannot find it anywhere in the improvement area of the menu. Please help as I know this is a bug.

Please email me back at ezcrash115@gmail.com when this has been resolved.

Thank you,

Loyal ESO + subscriber and 4+ years player.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Qyrk @ezcrash115

On which platform and megaserver do you play TESO? The ZOS programmers cannot investigate your report
    without that information. (Please read the Guidelines For Bug Report Forum)

As far as I know, the only restriction on an item for which the Trait has been transmuted is that its current Trait cannot be transmuted to another one instead. (The item is flagged with an icon which signifies that its Trait has been transmuted.*)

So far, I haven't had any experience with upgrading the quality of an item after transmuting its Trait. And many patches and Updates have been made since the most recent occasion when I transmuted a Trait.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • pat_thetic
    pat_thetic
    ✭✭
    Is the item in question currently equipped? It might need to be physically in your inventory
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pat_thetic wrote: »
    Is the item in question currently equipped? It might need to be physically in your inventory

You can improve equipment even if they're equipped. I'm sending a ticket as it looks like a bug.
  • RedBull_IR
    RedBull_IR
    ✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    pat_thetic wrote: »

You can improve equipment even if they're equipped. I'm sending a ticket as it looks like a bug.

Did you ever get a response to this ticket? I'm currently experiencing this issue.