The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Geez, the damage/heals of some builds are ridonculous

CrazyCleatus
CrazyCleatus
✭✭✭
Just feeling like a good vent. I’ve tried my absolute best to be good at PvP in the two years I’ve played, and while I do beat the odd person in a duel or in Cyrodiil, there are just way too many OP healing/damage dealing builds in this game for me to want to bother with it anymore.

This all really sucks because PvP is basically all I play MMO’s for, and I’ve been good at that aspect in every other MMO I’ve played besides this one. I guess I simply just can’t handle PvP where healers can do crazy damage and heal through major and minor defile (yes I’ve tried putting both on my targets, a lot of players still somehow heal through it).

To put it simply, I come from MMO’s where if you’re capable of insane damage, you’re likely also a glass cannon, and you can’t heal for [snip]... Or if you can heal or tank well, your damage is very minuscule. This game threw all that out the window and I guess I’m just completely lost, and have given up on ever finding my way.

My final complaint: I’ve also found the PvP community here to be incredibly toxic compared to other games I’ve played. Sooooo many people with elitist and holier than thou attitudes, sooooo many added to ignore list.

/endvent. Enjoy Summerset, folks.

[Edited to remove profanity]
Edited by ZOS_KatP on May 26, 2018 1:02PM
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cause mechanics aren't well thought out. Defense mechanics shouldn't critable (includs healing) and healing should also scale more with max stat like shields. So if you go for crit and penetration, you would increase your damage but sacrifice stronger shields and heals.

This would easy fix it and make balancing easier cause they would be able to adjust defense and offense without touching each other (magicka wise, cause dodge roll depends on sustain).
    PC EU - DC only
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue is that damage and healing scales off the same thing.

But to be fair you can’t play a glass cannon and be tanky (stam builds can give the illusion of it by dodging, rolling, los, kiting etc.) and shield users don’t count as glass.
  • CrazyCleatus
    CrazyCleatus
    ✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »
    Cause mechanics aren't well thought out. Defense mechanics shouldn't critable (includs healing) and healing should also scale more with max stat like shields. So if you go for crit and penetration, you would increase your damage but sacrifice stronger shields and heals.

This would easy fix it and make balancing easier cause they would be able to adjust defense and offense without touching each other (magicka wise, cause dodge roll depends on sustain).

A change like this would honestly make PvP in this game a lot more similar to what I’ve experienced in past MMO’s, but I’m guessing most of the current serious PvP community wouldn’t want it that way. I don’t blame them either, if you can get good at this type of PvP without suffering an aneurysm from frustration, more power to you.
    Edited by CrazyCleatus on May 25, 2018 5:49PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatcha running?

How are your attributes distributed?

What Mundus and food are you running?

Are you talking dueling or Open World Cyrodiil or BGs? CP or no CP?

What's your armor and traits?

You got gold weapons?

Race?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • 3DJutsu
    3DJutsu
    Race is irrelevant, all i see are targets. =3
    /s
  • CrazyCleatus
    CrazyCleatus
    ✭✭✭
    Whatcha running?

You got gold weapons?

Race?

Let’s just say I’ve experimented with a lot of different gear, skill, and attribute setups for my warden in these two years, and not much has worked for me on a consistent basis. I’ve always been capable of killing some people, but just don’t know how to counter builds that can two shot you if you make a mistake, but can also heal and shield/survive insanely well to go with it.

Appreciate your offer for help, but I’ve already listened to a lot of advice, watched videos, and I still can’t hack it. This games crazy style of pvp just isn’t for me.

One last major thing that bugs me about PvP in this game: the latency, whether in Cyrodiil or duels, I have a really hard time landing attacks on other players some times. It’s a lot like Dark Souls in that regard, where you have to account for lag when timing your attacks, and it’s what put me off PvP in that game too.
    Edited by CrazyCleatus on May 25, 2018 6:40PM
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatcha running?

You got gold weapons?

Race?

Let’s just say I’ve experimented with a lot of different gear, skill, and attribute setups for my warden in these two years, and not much has worked for me on a consistent basis. I’ve always been capable of killing some people, but just don’t know how to counter builds that can two shot you if you make a mistake, but can also heal and shield/survive insanely well to go with it.

Appreciate your offer for help, but I’ve already listened to a lot of advice, watched videos, and I still can’t hack it. This games crazy style of pvp just isn’t for me.

One last major thing that bugs me about PvP in this game: the latency, whether in Cyrodiil or duels, I have a really hard time landing attacks on other players some times. It’s a lot like Dark Souls in that regard, where you have to account for lag when timing your attacks, and it’s what put me off PvP in that game too.

It’s not just the lag. The dodge and miss window in this game is incredibly high and there is no way to add to a +hit modifier. And it’s even worse with builds that use shuffle, dodge rolls. and or other sets to increase miss chances.
    Edited by LegacyDM on May 26, 2018 7:59AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South