The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Possibility of Naval Warfare in Future?

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
Yesterday I was in group, accidentally stumble upon this huge great ship. 3 masts it had, 3 sails on each mast. (4mast, but front is different) it was tallest ship that I've ever seen! It like Man of War, save for no cannons. If not practice Naval Wargame in future. Then what is this story about this ship? Is this ship Imperial's? Due to not flying any colors save for white as in truce? I do have screenshot of this ship. But don't remember seeing it though.
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.

Possibility of Naval Warfare in Future? 69 votes

Yes
23%
leetacakesb16_ESOrhymerSorismoleculeDalsinthusCadburyLadyNalcaryaNemesismimzAsardesUppGRAYxDDJierdanitSouthernSoldjerMerlinPendragonSporigudinaiHeimpaiCyberSkooma 16 votes
No
60%
CresGedericIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESOBam_BamKoensolPaulhewhewriaidkkkravaritieb17_ESONicko_Lpsparkourpageeb17_ESODamien_UvirithArandearStovahkiinfelinith66MoltyrLumsdenmlVaohSkinzzpsxfloha_salty_pirate 42 votes
Lore
7%
Serjustin19Dracan_FontomAlucuWaltherCarrawayIndigoMagic 5 votes
Other
2%
DeadlyRecluseSpiderCultist 2 votes
Unsure
5%
crusnik91drake88131CrazYDunm3rMrsinister2 4 votes
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It does not fit with the game design. ESO still has plenty to work with without such a unnecessary divergence.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore
    idk wrote: »
    It does not fit with the game design. ESO still has plenty to work with without such a unnecessary divergence.

I think you be right. But then who's ship is that? I not on my ps4 to send pic to friend, then save to my tablet and send here. But is there any story to this Ship?
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore

I think you be right. But then who's ship is that? I not on my ps4 to send pic to friend, then save to my tablet and send here. But is there any story to this Ship?

Also just found this, we are in 3rd Era? If so then Navy would take place in Cyrodiil. If I remember correctly didn't Imperial got destroyed against the 3 alliance and Deadera? If so then why the Ship? However at same time it's way to huge for fishing Ship. It's more of a Navy Warship. I didn't see any colors fly, including didn't see any imperial flag. With that being said. I did found a lore towards Imperial Navy making sense. But why no Imperial Flag?

Here link

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Navy
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore

Also just found this, we are in 3rd Era? If so then Navy would take place in Cyrodiil. If I remember correctly didn't Imperial got destroyed against the 3 alliance and Deadera? If so then why the Ship? However at same time it's way to huge for fishing Ship. It's more of a Navy Warship. I didn't see any colors fly, including didn't see any imperial flag. With that being said. I did found a lore towards Imperial Navy making sense. But why no Imperial Flag?

Here link

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Navy

I did some digging, with another link from above. I wonder and which now makes sense why no colors are flown. Its been mentioned, but no picture as of yet. Ship does look abandoned, it does look Imperial Navy. Ship did fought in the great War. (online) but as this link suggested, it's only been mentioned. But could this ship be "Bountiful Mara"? That I've seen?

Link

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ships_(Online)

I failed to mention Ship, did lock it was Docked. (Flags on Masts where folded)

ESO has a Khajiit, named Kuralit. According to this link. I quote ""Never once has someone taken pity on Kuralit without hearing his sad tale of woe."
    ―Kuralit[src]" end quote.

I also quote "Kuralit was once the conscripted captain of the Bountiful Mara, a ship in the Imperial Legion Navy." end quote

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Kuralit

So if no Navy warfare soon to be. Would there be a future PvE questline?
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore
    Here is the Naval Ship I've seen. (locks docked)

I believe it is, "Bountiful Mara" ship, in which is Imperial Ship. In which Kuralit, must've served.

aviary_image_1527357981998.jpg
  • SouthernSoldjer
    Yes
    We definitely need another form of large scale pvp
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a quest in Greenshade (I think it was Greenshade) where part of it was on a ship. You were shooting a ballista at a sea monster, so the basic concept is there, just needs to be fleshed out.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore
    We definitely need another form of large scale pvp
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    There is a quest in Greenshade (I think it was Greenshade) where part of it was on a ship. You were shooting a ballista at a sea monster, so the basic concept is there, just needs to be fleshed out.
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Hi, you 2

You 2 have valid points as well. But at same time I believe PvE instead of PvP. ZOS is interested in more. Hopefully we get navy in future PvP. It will sure bring a lot of former PvPers back also. But in due course and steady time it shall be.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    B5 ! I sank your Battleship
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore
    B5 ! I sank your Battleship

I'm more into stealing other ships. I just hate seeing her, good ship go down. At times we gotta do what we must gotta do. Even if not wanting enemy to get hold of her and her secrets.
  • Damien_Uvirith
    No
    In an effort to stop you from having to repeatedly reply to your own comments, I'd add that the game takes place in the second era, and the Imperials were never wiped out. And previously before the planemeld (presumably not so much after) boats of all kinds (Imperial Warships, Traders, Privately-Owned boats, etc.) traveled up and down the Niben Bay frequently. There are probably no colors because it's some Nobleman's boat who was trying to flee during the disaster.

Honestly, it just looks like a ship that hit a sandbar or something.

But to answer the topic, no there shouldn't be PvP for ''naval combat''. Can barely play open world PvP right now without being booted to login for approaching a busy keep. Just one issue among many.
    Edited by Damien_Uvirith on May 31, 2018 3:54PM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I wish. To sail the seas of Nirn would be awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ju_10NkGY
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Arandear
    Arandear
    ✭✭✭
    No
    A cool idea no doubt, but my god... imagine the glitches and performance issues!

Would much rather they focus on Cyrodiil lag first...
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    No till ALL PvP issues get fixed at least.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I think naval combat would be awesome, but it will never happen
  • Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Oh god no. They can barely handle 100 players in the same area. Throw ships in the mix and it would be a complete schitshow.
    Edited by Moltyr on July 30, 2018 4:17AM
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    We have a great problem with cyrodiil lag, i cant imagine ships being added to the PVP SERVER.

Nomimal ms: 160
    When zerglings spam ms: 300
    if you add the naval combat? XXXXms
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Stationary ships in the river around IC, serve as additional flags to spawn and to crown emperor. 1 ship for each side placed in between home keeps such as alessia-roe. If home alliance holds its ship, they get extra bonuses for frontline keeps such as increase in guard numbers and their health and dmg, increase in walls' and doors' health.

Food for thought.

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Pirate battles!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Possible? Sure why not. Will it happen? Nah.

I can much more likely see a trial related to something like this.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    naval and aerial (mounting dragons and such)
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yessssss.....my Argonians dream of the day you have to fight on our turf...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • kynseon
    kynseon
    ✭✭✭
    No
    @pzschrek wanna be a pirate mate
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    @kynseon stam pirate or mag pirate
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • kynseon
    kynseon
    ✭✭✭
    No
    @pzschrek hybrid pirate mate
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    A "naval" battlegrounds map with ships and gangways that reconnect and disconnect via player input or on timers could be cool. But actual naval combat? Not likely.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Before the large scale introduction of reasonably accurate firearms, especially cannon, naval warfare was mostly about boarding the other ship and then fighting as if you were on dry land. Since sieges in ESO are pretty similar to what people used in antiquity and the middle ages, period, realistic naval engagements would simply be normal fighting in confined spaces, something you can experience in BGs or IC. Even if you were allowed to use siege engines, either fixed or mobile, against the other ship(s) it it would be really clunky, considering how badly implemented the quest in Greenshade where you do that.
    Edited by Asardes on August 20, 2018 2:42PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |