The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

StamDK Summerset No-Cp build

Mudguard
Mudguard
✭✭
Hey, I'm running a medium armor dot set-up in battlegrounds. I use 5 fortified, 5 werewolf hide, and two skoria with dual wield and 2-H. I think it's kind of OK. I get melted when hit by a group of four good players, but survivability not too bad otherwise I think.

What are you running? Do you think heavy armor would be better? Also, do you think I should go with 1-H shield?
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor is usually a better choice for stamina dot builds. Even more so on a stamDk.

You can stick to medium brass, its a fine set. But werewolf hide is not really something you want for a dual wield build. What you really gonna want is master's dual wield on your back bar, and a full 5 piece set on your jewelry and 2h bar. Preferably a set that gives you a lot of weapon damage, like veiled heritance, ravager,automaton etc.

Also one last note, you really aren't going to survive long against 4 good players focusing you down, especially as a medium armor Dk with dual wield. For that kind of survivability you need 1h-shield and lots of block cost reduction. Which is the classic ''tank n spank'' stamDK playstyle.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on May 25, 2018 5:41AM
  • KingLogix
    KingLogix
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy armor is usually a better choice for stamina dot builds. Even more so on a stamDk.

You can stick to medium brass, its a fine set. But werewolf hide is not really something you want for a dual wield build. What you really gonna want is master's dual wield on your back bar, and a full 5 piece set on your jewelry and 2h bar. Preferably a set that gives you a lot of weapon damage, like veiled heritance, ravager,automaton etc.

Also one last note, you really aren't going to survive long against 4 good players focusing you down, especially as a medium armor Dk with dual wield. For that kind of survivability you need 1h-shield and lots of block cost reduction. Which is the classic ''tank n spank'' stamDK playstyle.

How is the uptime on veiled heritance? I have been wanting to try the set but debating if it will compete with either ravager or spriggans.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take legion over veiled any day.

Rav is good damage but the uptime isn't as good on stamdk when compared to stamplar. You'll spend more time trying to proc it than enjoying the buff.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KingLogix wrote: »

How is the uptime on veiled heritance? I have been wanting to try the set but debating if it will compete with either ravager or spriggans.

Uptime is very high , as long as your dots tick. The total amount of damage you get is kinda low though.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on May 25, 2018 6:50PM
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    Since dot medium armor stamdk is a joke, and since vMA dual wield is a joke too in pvp, I would combine the 2 thing to have tons of fun. I'll run: Chudan, impregnable medium, viper on 2h, vMA axes back.
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheMystid wrote: »
    Since dot medium armor stamdk is a joke, and since vMA dual wield is a joke too in pvp, I would combine the 2 thing to have tons of fun. I'll run: Chudan, impregnable medium, viper on 2h, vMA axes back.

Actually, thats almost a really good setup.

Chudan+medium impreg will balance each other out(perfect crit resistance+just the perfect amount of resistances needed, thanks to chudan), will give you really solid survivability, and the ability to drop spikes for something like wings or green dragon blood.(which is like really meh, yes I know. But it still gives minor vitality, and major endurance, so it gives you the option to run speed+hot potions without losing %20 stam regen passive)

I would say combining these two with master dw+ a very solid 5 piece set to use on your 2h bar, would result in a very decent build.

What I would recommend is probably sloads, due to its cloak breaking capabilities. Which , combined with reveal poisons will make up for your lack of nightblade counters.

But something like alchemist or even 5 piece spriggan/automaton would do just fine in group play.

Just don't take this for solo play and you'll have plenty of fun with it.

Oh, if you're thinking to use dw bar as your main bar, then use something like 5 pc heritance/alchemist, on your 2h bar, so you can benefit better from it.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on May 25, 2018 8:26PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just do what ever other dot DK does - run master DW, sloads, TK or Bloodspawn, and whatever set you want for main 5 piece and call it a day :)
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Why not just do what ever other dot DK does - run master DW, sloads, TK or Bloodspawn, and whatever set you want for main 5 piece and call it a day :)

or just play a stamsorc and enjoy the same build performing significantly better you know.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two words; Fossilize + Doylemish.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ragnarock41 , but unfortunately he's asking for stamDK...

I'd run master's dw, durok's back bar, sloads body, with TK and gold food.

Max stats and everything will be garbage, but you're gonna have amazing DOT pressure and pretty much constant uptime on major defile for all enemies. TK will carry and the increased magregen will help you get a few more igneous shields/fossilizes out.
    Edited by Adenoma on May 25, 2018 9:22PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    I'd take legion over veiled any day.

Rav is good damage but the uptime isn't as good on stamdk when compared to stamplar. You'll spend more time trying to proc it than enjoying the buff.

Veiled is not that bad when affecting several enemies. 7th legion is great but you need s/b to make it work or a lot dmg reduction
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im a stamDK and run 7th. Since Summerset dropped I feel like something is wrong. I did a ton of BGs prior to Summerset and was able to withstand a good amount of damage but now it feels like Im melting in situations where I would've lasted much longer. I can't put my finger on what exactly is different now, but something has changed.
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    werewolf hide for stamdk is overrated imo. i made the switch to bone pirate and never looked back

currently being carried by blood spawn, bone pirate and cyrodiil crest/armor master
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    montjie wrote: »
    werewolf hide for stamdk is overrated imo. i made the switch to bone pirate and never looked back

currently being carried by blood spawn, bone pirate and cyrodiil crest/armor master

With the old way builds worked and the old way battle roar worked, ult gen was very important for stamDK(still kinda is).

Of course right now bone pirate is a clear winner over werewolf hide. but ww hide used to be a very solid back bar set.
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    @Ragnarock41

Yeah its still a good set imo. Hell, I was leaping left nd right on my BS, Dragonguard, WW setup xD
    But I eventually buried the build because no matter how fast you get your ult back up, you still have to wait for your burst opening to kill decent players.

And no ult = no resource return so I kinda felt the WW bonus was wasted because I would have gotten my ult up just fine with another set.
    Does that make any sense?

Defensively the set does shine tho. Holy hell the amount of 1h shield ults you can pop with it hehehe.
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    TheMystid wrote: »

Actually, thats almost a really good setup.

Chudan+medium impreg will balance each other out(perfect crit resistance+just the perfect amount of resistances needed, thanks to chudan), will give you really solid survivability, and the ability to drop spikes for something like wings or green dragon blood.(which is like really meh, yes I know. But it still gives minor vitality, and major endurance, so it gives you the option to run speed+hot potions without losing %20 stam regen passive)

I would say combining these two with master dw+ a very solid 5 piece set to use on your 2h bar, would result in a very decent build.

What I would recommend is probably sloads, due to its cloak breaking capabilities. Which , combined with reveal poisons will make up for your lack of nightblade counters.

But something like alchemist or even 5 piece spriggan/automaton would do just fine in group play.

Just don't take this for solo play and you'll have plenty of fun with it.

Oh, if you're thinking to use dw bar as your main bar, then use something like 5 pc heritance/alchemist, on your 2h bar, so you can benefit better from it.

Ye, the free skillslot and the chance to run other traits than impreg from Chudan + impregnable is a good way out from DK's never changing skillbar.
    Masters dw is ofc better than vMA, but i love to petrify - rapid strikes - apply dot soooo much. Too bad that, if I understood correctly the patch notes, with Summerset cruel flurry won't buff passive bleed from axes any more. The pressure I got from it was insane.
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Two words; Fossilize + Doylemish.

I really wanted doylemish to work but I found it unreliable against stamina players. And also the nerf to heavy attacks.

Being on console I’m looking forward to trying imbue weapon with la-ransack/hs-bash when Summerset drops but I haven’t seen any clips of Stam dks using it effectively yet.
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    im running 5 viper s/b and 5 shackle in medium with velidreth/etc and it performs well. all impen except for torso and helmet which i have infused.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Adenoma has it all spelled out. Duroks is good on most specs but it’s particularly lit on stam DK since you can drop big leaps and the heal debuff keeps everyone struggling to heal up so you can chain kills easier.
  • Mudguard
    Mudguard
    ✭✭
    My argonian has gone w/ heavy armor and 2H w/ S&B now. I've taken some gear and skill set ups from Deltia and Alcast.

5 hulking and 5 shackle w/ Bloodspawn / Troll King. 5 med and 2 heavy w/ 2 infused and 5 impen. I will try out 5/1/1 when have undaunted passive maxed. Like the serpent and purple tri-food at moment. I like having a high magic pool, though would like health to be a little higher too.

1. puncture, venomous claw, talons, wings and reverb bash w/ spell wall.

talons is kind of situational, but I really think wings are great for bg

2. volatile armor, forward momentum, reverse slice, obsidian shield, vigor w/ corrosive

I was trying out fossilize, but I'm not sure if it's a little buggy at moment. Will experiment with dawnbreaker and/or wings as backbar ult

I've been using some immovable speed pots, but also trying out lingering health w/ vitality to see if will help vs. sload(which prefer not to use self).