The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does this recipe help fish?

Troneon
Troneon
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
ZIfh2nY.jpg
PC EU AD
Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm not sure that what i do to the fish is considered "helping" them.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    swippy wrote: »
    i'm not sure that what i do to the fish is considered "helping" them.

Well it says fish may be drawn to you 5 sec cooldown, so does it help you catch fish more quickly? :D
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    at 11k gold i want them to be
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is just hearsay, not personal experience: it supposedly doubles loot, basically you get two fish per haul instead of one.

Don't know if that works for bottles as well. Would almost be worth it then.
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    more chance of rare fish?
  • damdamjel
    damdamjel
    ✭✭✭
    I always find it funny that the fish ingredient doesn't even look like a fish at all! is it a fish? or is it called fish? cause it smells like fish? * wink wink*
    Now I read the quote of the recipe, maybe because pickles?,lol the internet has really ruined me. idk if this is a zos inside joke, who knows.
    Edited by damdamjel on May 24, 2018 6:22AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I hear, it gives you a chance for double catches when you fish, so 2 fish/items from a line throw, instead of 1.

The price of gall needs to go down by a lot though, before this becomes attractive to use. 4 clam gall is perhaps a bit overkill for a food item whose main use is to go fish.
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    cant find recipe in TTC
    its too rare?
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cant find recipe in TTC
    its too rare?
    The recipe is called something else, like "waterstained psijic drinking stuff" or similar nonsensical. It's one of those improvements that they have done because it is more fantastic this way. See signature.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant find recipe in TTC
    its too rare?

Both recipes are account bound and can't be sold, the only way to get them is to fish yourself.
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    cant find recipe in TTC
    its too rare?

Both recipes are account bound and can't be sold, the only way to get them is to fish yourself.

but i can buy food at guild stores right? and whats the second recipe?
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant find recipe in TTC
    its too rare?

The gold recipe is Water Stained Psijic.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    cant find recipe in TTC
    its too rare?

pic pls?
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant find recipe in TTC
    its too rare?

pic pls?

5UtboIY.jpg
    Edited by TheRealPotoroo on May 24, 2018 9:08AM
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant find recipe in TTC
    its too rare?

pic pls?

5UtboIY.jpg

As I recall, the item it produces is actually a drink, and has a different name. Artaeum somethingerother booze.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cant find recipe in TTC
    its too rare?

pic pls?

5UtboIY.jpg

Bear in mind that that is not the name of the actual food, it's Psijic broth something something. The names of the 2 recipes aren't the names of the actual food/drink items, which makes it a bit confusing.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently it unique fishing effect that have some effect of helping find green and blue fish more often. Like Hissmer Fish Eye Rye that showing you type of water.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Apparently it unique fishing effect that have some effect of helping find green and blue fish more often. Like Hissmer Fish Eye Rye that showing you type of water.

The food gives you a chance of more drops per line thrown out, I don't think it has been confirmed that your chances at better quality loot actually increases. It's pretty much just the plentiful harvest CP perk for fishing, through a food item.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do I get the recipe for this item from?

Found out they are both fished from Artaeum fishing nodes.
    Edited by Zinaroth on May 24, 2018 10:16AM
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    ZIfh2nY.jpg

Before they "fixed" it you had a chance to catch two fish (or just a larger fish represented as two). But now it is worse than useless because you just catch more green and blue fish which vend for less than I can get for just a regular raw fish.

Eli
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elijafire wrote: »
    ZIfh2nY.jpg

Before they "fixed" it you had a chance to catch two fish (or just a larger fish represented as two). But now it is worse than useless because you just catch more green and blue fish which vend for less than I can get for just a regular raw fish.

Eli

Unless you are going for Master Angler, in which case this food is amazing. I'm going for my second Master Angler and caught that stupid Mud Lamprey from Deshaan that had been eluding me :)
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After it got 'fixed' Gina said it's supposed to increase the odds of catching a rare fish .... the same odds as if two people were fishing from the same fishing hole.

Personally, I have noticed NO difference since they 'fixed' it ... my odds of catching a rare fish do NOT increase when I use it.
    Edited by Maryal on June 2, 2018 10:07PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    After it got 'fixed' Gina said it's supposed to increase the odds of catching a rare fish .... the same odds as if two people were fishing from the same fishing hole.

Personally, I have noticed NO difference since they 'fixed' it ... my odds of catching a rare fish do NOT increase when I use it.

I noticed a serious difference, especially with rarer blue fish where there are two blue fish in a water type. Without the fish I probably took 15 to 20 holes to get all 4 fish in the past, with the food it only took about 5ish holes. Now, it may be that RNG smiled upon me, but that was true for 3 zones worth of fish, so I'm willing to give some credit to the food.

Also, I finally caught that darned Mud Lamprey with it after days and days of fishing.
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    elijafire wrote: »
    ZIfh2nY.jpg

Daaaang brah that lady got shook by a trout!

Eli

Unless you are going for Master Angler, in which case this food is amazing. I'm going for my second Master Angler and caught that stupid Mud Lamprey from Deshaan that had been eluding me :)

True dat.
    Maryal wrote: »

At least before it got "fixed" it gave you a lil sumthin' sumthin' for your time, now you gotta eat it.
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    lardvader wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Daaang that lady got SMOKED by that trout!