Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How much do you love the newer, larger marketing adds for crown store?

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This garbage needs to be shut down ASAP
    Isojukka wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    Avalon wrote: »
    I still don't know what it looks like (not on PC), anyone have a screenshot or something?

Just imagine an add covering 90% of screen Everytime you login or switch characters.

Ok, so where is the problem?

You see every single time you login and relog. So it's load screen + click this away. The issue is many us find this way to much in our face.

So everytime you travel you get that?no? If it is everytime you change character its not a problem imo.

Every time you log in as a new character. Pretty annoying while swapping characters for writs.

But its just one click to get rid of it? Ok, i want to say that i play on xbox and it is easy there but do you have to move mouse cursor everytime it appears? Then i understand fustration from this. Is there one button you can push?

on pc its alt..... or you can move the cursor to click alt on the banner.

oh man.... it's such a grind, i have to click things /end sarcasm.

Actually, Clicking ALT on the banner does not work for me, which makes it extra annoying.

You also used to be able to dismiss the window by hitting ESC, but that doesn't work anymore either.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a handy shopping guide! Now if they only had a half off crown sale I might be more interested.
    I see "half off crown sale", I vote.
    PC/EU
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    I still don't know what it looks like (not on PC), anyone have a screenshot or something?

Just imagine an add covering 90% of screen Everytime you login or switch characters.

You see every single time you login and relog. So it's load screen + click this away. The issue is many us find this way to much in our face.

So everytime you travel you get that?no? If it is everytime you change character its not a problem imo.

Every time you log in as a new character. Pretty annoying while swapping characters for writs.

But its just one click to get rid of it? Ok, i want to say that i play on xbox and it is easy there but do you have to move mouse cursor everytime it appears? Then i understand fustration from this. Is there one button you can push?

Actually, Clicking ALT on the banner does not work for me, which makes it extra annoying.

You also used to be able to dismiss the window by hitting ESC, but that doesn't work anymore either.

wait a minute.... i will check that.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On every toon? Really? Yeah, that's not gonna work for me. *searches for addon to block ad*
    It is self-defeating. Even if you don't think it is too much of a bother to close ad window, having it pop up on every character, every time you log in or switch, will just make people numb to it. Eventually, people will just instinctively close it immediately without even looking. The purpose of good advertising is to get people to look at it, not have it be so intrusive and ubiquitous that you tune it out or close it out as a reflex action.

The gamble crates, the constant limited-time offers? I don't care for them but there is lots of research showing those things work. But this new advertising is not just annoying, it seems like bad design from a sales/marketing perspective. Less is more in this case. If the ads showed up less frequently, they would catch your attention and pique your curiosity. Even if you dislike the Crown Store and micro transactions, you still might say, "Oh. Something must have changed. A new item? An old item that is on sale? Maybe I'll check it out." That is no longer going to happen. Shutting the ad window is going to become committed to muscle memory as part of the login process. Offers and items that might have intrigued a person will never be seen because no one will be looking. They will be shutting that ad window down immediately and mechanically and without a second thought.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i'm back....

can confirm that hitting alt on keyboard works. clicking alt with mouse works.

also esc works. something i hadn't tried before. live and learn eh?

edit to add: yes i really did go and check.
    Edited by jedtb16_ESO on May 23, 2018 6:38PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i'm back....

can confirm that hitting alt on keyboard works. clicking alt with mouse works.

also esc works. something i hadn't tried before. live and learn eh?

edit to add: yes i really did go and check.

I trusted you were going to when you said it. :-)

That's very odd that it didn't work for me.

I'll have to try again when I get home.

...can I go home and play yet?
    The Moot Councillor
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add-ons won't help our friends on console. Gotta think of the needs of the many!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have zero feeling on the matter. In fact, I'm not even sure I notice that the ad size changed until you mentioned it.
    Don't care; click exit and move on with my life.

It's really, really not worth all these wadded undergarments.

Edited by Drachenfier on May 23, 2018 8:08PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the adds about as much as I love that everyone feels they need to start their very own thread on the subject because their approach to the matter is so important.

Edit: mods need to start merging these threads into a mega thread.
    Edited by idk on May 23, 2018 8:11PM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never even remotely cared about the Crown Store announcement thingie before this patch.

But this new version? Truly, impressively obnoxious. I can't imagine anyone involved in the design, implementation, or approval of this had any other goal than "annoy people."
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS are a classless and immoral company. The fact they've fallen over backwards to implement loot crates (read gambling) in such an aggressive way shows that. To expect anything less is quite funny as this relatively speaking is pretty tame by their nefarious standards.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought that 'size doesn't matter' ... or at least that's what 'he said that she said' ;)
    Edited by Maryal on May 23, 2018 8:38PM
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As soon as they made it that I couldn't buy the mount I wanted because it was an apex one I stopped buying them. Before that happily bought 15-25 crates each time a new one came out. You got too greedy Zos, you Moby Dicked it
  • JahneeO
    JahneeO
    ✭✭✭
    I have zero feeling on the matter. In fact, I'm not even sure I notice that the ad size changed until you mentioned it.
    Eh, i think it's a molehill being made into a mountain. You had to dismiss the old one,
    you have to dismiss this one.

one button click and move on, jeez.