The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Glitching into Outposts on 22/05/2018

dtsharples
dtsharples
✭✭✭✭✭
This topic relates to only Cyrodiil Vivec EU.
Not sure if it is happening elsewhere but Vivec is where we saw it happen.

4 or 5 Aldmeri players stacked up at the postern door of Bleakers Outpost. And then just moved right through the door / wall into the inside of the outpost.
Now the outpost was under attack, but both the postern and main doors remained intact, as the siege had only just started.

Not sure if this is something people had discovered on the PTS and then utilised on Live in order to get an unfair advantage - but it was pretty obvious to anyone who saw this happen last night that it was purposeful and intentional. These people knew what they were exploiting.

It all happened too quickly to get a video of it happening. Though I did get a couple of screenshots.
Just wondering if anyone else saw this happen, also reported it and if the community think this kind of exploitative behaviour is acceptable.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice anything similar last night?
    I'm sure someone said a similar thing had happened earlier in the evening also.
    Edited by dtsharples on May 23, 2018 5:48PM
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened on Sotha Sil PC EU as well. We could enter an outpost (Nikel) left and right from the postern door. The door itself was intact but the walls around it appeared broken. Fun fact: Blues as the owners of the outpost could not enter through the broken wall.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DJfriede wrote: »
    Happened on Sotha Sil PC EU as well. We could enter an outpost (Nikel) left and right from the postern door. The door itself was intact but the walls around it appeared broken. Fun fact: Blues as the owners of the outpost could not enter through the broken wall.

Appears wall not broken for DC. I read about Keep walls being invisible, been fixed from certain bug on walls (read it here somewhere)
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info :)
    Sounds very similar
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the stance on posting screenshots, if they contain player name though?
    I guess that a no go
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Whats the stance on posting screenshots, if they contain player name though?
    I guess that a no go

Your welcome :), unfortunately I unsure of what I read, is samething as the problem that's going on. But same time, it explains why DC can't go through broken wall. I'm guessing this happens on PC? This makes sense, due to so many bugs after new dlc and chapter. I'm not 100%sure if it's same problem though. But just in case try to make a post on error section. I could be outmost wrong, but just to be safe side. Again explains why DC unable go through broken wall.

Now for stance, if you naming and shaming of others people doing it. Then it's not allowed to post screen shot on forums. Just to be safe side and you really want send screen shot. Please make a ticket directly from game itself, with names. Make in game support ticket with tour email. You get email response, upload the pic to the ticket response only. (don't do it here) I could be confusing with this though.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intentionally using a bug is an offence that may ban you from the game. Report players ingame.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    Intentionally using a bug is an offence that may ban you from the game. Report players ingame.

That would be safe bet, I believe got confused on how to do it process wise. Was worried about that, my bad. I don't report others. But same time, what if it was that same bug "others can't go through" hence of where I've read bug was supposed to be fixed. Its not the players fault. Actually yes if they knew it is.

But mostly zos fault to. Given the stance of the chapter being new. There should be many bugs. But yes, just be safe side do report in game, then upload proof in email support reply from zos. At same time, soon hopefully the bug that was supposed to be fixed, should be fix soon. But same time, zos might gave a pass on the "defenders in crime" again due to everything new stuff adds more bugs. It's how codes work and pain to do.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS’s responsibility is to provide the most bug-free game possible. Our responsibility is to not take advantage of (exploit) the bugs they miss for our advantage. It’s in the TOS. No excuses, no justifications, no shifting blame. You exploit, its on you.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's ban all the players who went under the stairs at Aleswell while we're at it...
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using the bug to get into and outpost is an exploit sinceit gives you an unitended advantage, the stairs at ales gave no such advantage.
    Edited by LarsS on May 24, 2018 12:47PM
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC