The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Psijic Skill Line, Pay2win?

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
Me I'm part yes and part no. No because it's fair, yes because we not owners (most, not want to) buy Summerset. To me and others we both agree, the barriers, among other things. Would be OP against non Summerset PvPer's. My group members yesterday believe it will be op and pay2win. I've asked about it to lighten mood, more or less. Like I said I do have mix feelings. Yet part of game. I may or may not get the new chapter. Honestly feel it's a waste. I still haven't completed the 1St part of Morrowind Chapter quest lol (save for the new character creation of course) I do love my EP Warden though, "SING Like A Butterfly" he I don't use much often though, (really good virtual abs though, so jealous) So let the discussion begin! P2W or not P2W in Cyrodiil?
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's as much P2W as the Warden you use is P2W to people who didn't buy Morrowind
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skills arent that great in cyrodiil, only situational usable. Only time stop...that will some big impact in pvp.
    Edited by Checkmath on May 22, 2018 2:53PM
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will u be able to kill ppl who own the dlc w/o owning the dlc?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hardly P2W. It is not that exciting of a skill line. The skills are very situational.

And considering you do not want to buy sommerset, and I expect that goes for pretty much any additional content, I do not see much reason to care.

If you really want to see what P2W is all about I can give you some games to check out.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are item sets that have been available in this game for years that could reek havoc in Cyrodiil if any talented player felt like wearing them.

I fail to think any one skill or set of equipment is so far and away better then all of the rest that it would be considered pay to win.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think its more Pay-2-get back abilities they stripped from Templar (ie: CC). That's how I look at it anyway.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI all thanks for the responses. I'm more busy of late (more or less) my responses would be late. I don't want spam multiple response especially many times (keep thread from going up or down) so I'm forced to put everything in one thread (main comment thread.) thanks for understanding)
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    The skills arent that great in cyrodiil, only situational usable. Only time stop...that will some big impact in pvp.

I could've tried using the skills. But somereason I really didn't want play pst. Good chance I will buy Summerset. Good chance I won't. I'm just more into AD storyline then the EP Storyline Chapter. Least for now anyway. Eventhough me serving both AD (from PC, PS4 NA and 2ND Scourge PS4 EU) I just want keep the good memories I had on my time AD at the time I served. But for PS4 EU only. EP is close amount towards AD. However the time stop really does sound more interesting. Especially if turns skills backwards in time. Or does it do that at all? I'm really confused with skill. But that barrier thing. I'm more interested in that, least for healers. But would it be same cost as siege barrier. I would like to ponder. Especially since I use range siege barrier.
    molecule wrote: »
    It's as much P2W as the Warden you use is P2W to people who didn't buy Morrowind
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Will u be able to kill ppl who own the dlc w/o owning the dlc?

Hi you 2. Your quotes fits exactly together. I used to thought Warden was pay to win from templar. Especially from magplar healers perspective like me. But for somereason I still love "Jessica Fiery Fox of Wind (Jessica Wind, for short) way more than my Warden." Sing Like A Butterfly" something about me not want to heal with him, don't fit well for me. Alas at same time ZOS did something smart. That something is putting new Kill Quest. Which we know is Kill Warden. Hence since new quest, from what ZOS added for bounty. It's not really Pay2Win for Killing Wardens. But using Wardens, I do sense how it is considered Pay2Win.
    idk wrote: »
    hardly P2W. It is not that exciting of a skill line. The skills are very situational.

And considering you do not want to buy sommerset, and I expect that goes for pretty much any additional content, I do not see much reason to care.

If you really want to see what P2W is all about I can give you some games to check out.

Hi, I may or may not buy Summerset. I really don't want to honestly. But really interested in new AD storyline and how Magicka gave birth. Especially since I'm more of a Magicka type of guy. (DC Chapter makes sense of how Stamina came to be) with the P2W list. I heard about black desert Online? Age of Conan and Arch Age. I've played Arch Age during the birth of Arch Age. Was a tester just like (Kingdom Come Deliverance) in early days before alpha. I just quit playing due to me love PS4 better than my PC I built by self. (how cruel, yes) also by situational, do you mean like something changes really fast and forced to change mind at last second? If so then I agree on your side.
    There are item sets that have been available in this game for years that could reek havoc in Cyrodiil if any talented player felt like wearing them.

I fail to think any one skill or set of equipment is so far and away better then all of the rest that it would be considered pay to win.

Hi, as for the talented people who want to wear old open sets. I really want to honestly, it's just some of us unable to get due to our Internet unfortunately. (throttling/not good Internet provider/rural) But same time I agree with your point. But luckily we got 3 new crafted armor (3 mostly stam, 1 hybrid but stam/magick.) with skills, there are so many skills yes. But times skills could get boring for others. Aka me forced to spam puncturing sweep. Mostly I'm all heal skills. Makes me hate puncturing sweep. Shouldn't say hate though but for of a dislike for puncturing sweep.
    I think its more Pay-2-get back abilities they stripped from Templar (ie: CC). That's how I look at it anyway.

Also Warden has CC to, but surprisingly Warden not got stripped from CC. At same time Warden also took Major Mending from Templar to.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭

if it was a skill line for templars only I would agree with you but every class gets it so... no.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like the Warden, it absolutely is Pay 2 Win.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not in my opinion. I have Summerset, but have not done the quest line to unlock Psijic skills and have PvPed without it. I actually have no trouble killing people who use that skill line at all. Why? Well those skills take up a bar slot, I have no idea what they take off to use those skills but it makes life easier for me. Esp. against the mag DKs that used to fight me for over 30 minutes, same ones die in 2-5 minutes spamming flashy skills :D .
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes ... Of course it is ... It's so op that every build only uses psijic skill

Often double barring them

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No more than vampire or werewolf, which were not meant to be 100% free every time or they would not be in the Crown store. ZOS must've realized they messed up making it so easy to get for free and watching most of the player base shame everyone into making sure it's free on demand, so they found a way to make their new skill line exempt from that.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, Progress in an MMO isnt pay 2 win period. P2W requires constant weekly or monthly payments to stay competitive. People need to stop throwing around P2W because they have no clue what it means.
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me I'm part yes and part no. No because it's fair, yes because we not owners (most, not want to) buy Summerset. To me and others we both agree, the barriers, among other things. Would be OP against non Summerset PvPer's. My group members yesterday believe it will be op and pay2win. I've asked about it to lighten mood, more or less. Like I said I do have mix feelings. Yet part of game. I may or may not get the new chapter. Honestly feel it's a waste. I still haven't completed the 1St part of Morrowind Chapter quest lol (save for the new character creation of course) I do love my EP Warden though, "SING Like A Butterfly" he I don't use much often though, (really good virtual abs though, so jealous) So let the discussion begin! P2W or not P2W in Cyrodiil?

pay to lag
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see Psijic skill line as P2W by any way, since those skills are very situational and you have to sacrifice another skills in order to make space for Psijic skills.
    For example with my mag NB I haven't even done whole questline, because other skills I've been using in PvP for months are still very well performing and I wouldn't sacrifice any of them for slotting X Psijic skill.
    Meanwhile with my magplar I've been using 3 Psijic skills, but even if I use them, they won't guarantee my victory:
    If I die, I'm not dying because enemy player had X skill from Y skill category. I died, because enemy player outplayed me with counters which works well against my build. And since Undo's ultimate morph will not nuke my enemies across Cyrodiil/BGs as one hit K.O, I wouldn't call Psijic skill line as P2W.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay 2 Lose . You spam those in Cyrodiil like undo and time stop and you just get to watch yourself die twice .