The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The game is too fast-paced for itself to handle.

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
I know this has been an issue for a long time, but every man has his breaking point, so here I am...

The problem at hand is a combination of extremely fast moving characters and latency - which often results in an unfortunate situation where you cannot target fast moving characters, because their hitboxes are not where the game wants you to think they are. You may be right in front on them and have your crosshair centered on their avatar, but you cannot execute any abilities.

Due to latency and speed, your target is not where your screen tells you they are. I know this is mostly a user-end issue, but has it ever been considered to slow down the max movement speed at bit?

Since beta, characters have been able to move faster and faster, and we've reached a point where us "200-400 ping users" have a real issue.

Thanks for reading.
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For single target abilities, the targetting checks, LoS checks, and “facing” checks are all client side, not server side, so neither ping nor latency have any effect on them.

Only ground target AOE abilities have their “to hit” checks done server side

Edit: oh but it’s jnportant to know that when you are lagging, the timing of the “to hit” checks is based on that lag. For instance if you try to use a dizzy swing on someone and the “is the target in the reticle” checks would happen at 0.0s and 1.0s (dizzy has two checks) and you have 0.3s worth of delay, you need to have that person targeted at 0.3s and 1.3s if you want the cast to go through. Hope that makes sense.
    Edited by Thogard on May 22, 2018 5:19PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's just that the servers are based in the USA which has one of the worst internet infrastructures of the developed world sadly.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The simple fix is to increase your mouse sensitivity. I don't even consider the game playable hardly without a high sensitivity on your mouse.

Latency may simply be an issue that cannot be fixed, if you aren't stateside.

With that being said, movement speed is nowhere even close to an issue for those of us who play the game without any major performance or latency issues.
  • Madrax573
    Madrax573
    ✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    It's just that the servers are based in the USA which has one of the worst internet infrastructures of the developed world sadly.

You've never been to Australia I take it?
    I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which isn’t actually totally true. PC EU servers are in Frankfurt, NA is in the US, and only PTS is US based for everyone.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Madrax573 wrote: »

You've never been to Australia I take it?

I thoguht australia's problem was being so far from where most game servers are located.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Since this thread is a bit old, we have decided to go ahead and close it down. Please keep in mind that, in some cases, it is better to create a new thread on a topic instead of bumping an old one.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.