The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Non meta build ideas

Ectheliontnacil
Ectheliontnacil
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi,

I've taken a break from pvp so I could get all the pve skins but with the launch of summerset I am getting back into pvp. Just can't be bothered doing another mini trial hardmode :| .

I kind of want to play a crazy non meta spec, since I had a lot of fun with that in the past. I thought maybe with the burst heal a magblade destro/2h might work, but the heal only works on an ally.

So do you have any cool builds for summerset and should I perhaps give hybrids a try? :D
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Check @JackDaniell 's hyrbid builds.
    Play stamdk that's rarer than anything else :trollface:
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @BohnT

Thanks!

I had a look at his 6,7k wep/spell dmg nighblade, looks interesting. ^^
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ive been trying to make a stamina health nb work. Got like 40k health. I need me a power extration buff! @Wrobel
    PS4 NA DC
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blazing shield templar my man
    Why do I even try
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FakeZavos wrote: »

Oh great idea! I think @JackDaniell made one of those, I'll defo give it a try. :)
    Ive been trying to make a stamina health nb work. Got like 40k health. I need me a power extration buff! @Wrobel

A long time ago I had a max hp nighblade tank, centered around the bolstering darkness ulti and sap essence. Maybe I can revive this playstyle with the bolstering darkness buff... ;) !
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want, you can try to take one of the Elder Scrolls Oblivion pre-made builds and translate it to ESO.

I'm currently working on the Monk version for stamina but it's not ready I don't think.

Off meta still needs meta thinking. You need the right stats for each architype of DMG, you'll probably need to select a meta set/strategy to offset the missing Effective Weapon/Spell Power raiting from running off meta items. It varies per class.

Good luck!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just throwing it out there but I’ve seen over the years that the meta in general is power (spell or weapon) + regen. Conversely I’ve always gone with a larger resource pool (magic in my case) and laughably low regen. I’ve been able to pull it off with equipping spells that give me resources back (Honor the Dead instead of Breath of Life for example) and relying on staff heavy attacks as my primary mode of battle. In 2 hours of PVP yesterday I had exactly one moment where I was critically low on resources which is pretty standard for me. There have been thousands of PVP fights over the years where I just heal-shield-heal-shield repeat though an attackers initial onslaught and I’m still left with 20 to 30k of magic left over for a counter attack.
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Run a Warden with Beckoning Steel, Plague Doctor perhaps, and Swarm Mother with all mag regen, all sturdy. Zerg constantly, keep shimmering shield up, spam s/b ult.
    Edited by ezeepeezee on May 22, 2018 4:44PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DW/bow medium stam Warden isn't meta and is a lot of fun.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    ezeepeezee wrote: »
    Run a Warden with Beckoning Steel, Plague Doctor perhaps, and Swarm Mother with all mag regen, all sturdy. Zerg constantly, keep shimmering shield up, spam s/b ult.

Similar idea to one I've been thinking about but I don't play in groups or tank specs so I'll post: 5x Beckoning Steel 5x Niklaus 2x Swarm Mother/Bloodspawn on a DK. Block and wings combined should let you reflect a stupid amount of stuff...could be fun.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow mainbar stamden is effective with the Asylum Snipe+Bombard+Sub Assault combo, and I've only ever come across one other player running it.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does It not become meta if it is a build many start using for whatever situation? Regardless, using someone else's published build seems to be the same as using whatever is the meta build.

Go crazy, think of something unique is you are wanting to go outside of the meta box.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bow mainbar stamden is effective with the Asylum Snipe+Bombard+Sub Assault combo, and I've only ever come across one other player running it.

Oh that sounds nasty! Must try. :D
    idk wrote: »
    Does It not become meta if it is a build many start using for whatever situation? Regardless, using someone else's published build seems to be the same as using whatever is the meta build.

Go crazy, think of something unique is you are wanting to go outside of the meta box.

Nothing wrong with asking for other people's input. :smile:
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh great idea! I think @JackDaniell made one of those, I'll defo give it a try. :)

!

I made a good build for small groups with sick sustain and 8-13k blazing shields :D
    Edited by FakeZavos on May 24, 2018 8:37AM
    Why do I even try
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

!

I made a good build for small groups with sick sustain and 8-13 blazing shields :D

Tell me! :wink:
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

!

I made a good build for small groups with sick sustain and 8-13 blazing shields :D

I can give you an "unique" magnb build that will probably be meta if sloads doesn't spread out too much and people start realising the potential.
    But you need to be argonian for it to work
    Edited by BohnT on May 24, 2018 8:36AM
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

!

I can give you an "unique" magnb build that will probably be meta if sloads doesn't spread out too much and people start realising the potential.
    But you need to be argonian for it to work

Tell me that too! :D
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Plague, 5 desert rose (2 swords, 2 rings, 1 belt) 2 slimecrawn (medium + heavy). 3x magrec glyphs and duelwield for the extra blazing dmg. Lord mundus, 64 attri in health, and health+magika 2stat food. Alot of CP in master@arms and Elemental expert.

Should do the tric in a 3-10 man group :D Its way more effective then I wouldve ever imagine.
    Why do I even try
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Race: Argonian (needed gives you ~400 regen on all resources)
    Nirn Destro / infused resto / also works with DW or 2h but they suck this patch due to light attack changes
    Sets: Necropotence, Clever Alchemist (frontbar only), MSA resto, Monster set of choice (no domi needed for stam, you can also to with kena for the lols after some practise)
    Enchants: 3 infused potion cooldown glyphs!!! / Full magicka on body / Beserk glyph on Resto / glyph of choice on destro i used disease, shock, prismatic and fire in the past
    Mundus: mage or apprentice (atronach isn't needed)
    Food: if you run Skoria/ Maw of the infernal or any 1pc health set you can run the green magicka set for 6k mag or just go with Max mag+ whatever you want (no regen nedded)

Skills:
    Destro:Will, ele drain, cloak, strife, CC of choice Ult Incap
    Resto: Mutagen/ Rapid regen, Shade, Healing ward, crippling grasp, mistform

There are some variations for the bars if you want an other playstyle.

You can drop MSA resto and Rapid regen and slot harness, however i often feel like i don't need harness even when pressured by multiple players as shade is so op this patch.

You can try playing without mistform as snare removal and slot harness to stand your ground or you use the stamina siphoning attacks they give you lots of stam sustain which results in more dodge rolls and you can easily push your stamina over the 5k mark if you made some mistakes before.

If you want to use double take you should be running 120 atronach cp

Some explanations:
    We are using clever Alchemist because we'll reach a 70% uptime with the potion speed glyphs

We don't need any investment into stamina/ magicka sustain at all as we can chug potions every 21 seconds we can sustain all the time and if it gets difficult we can easily survive until the next potion is ready and then we are back in business.
    I played the same build with DW for a long time and with the new potion speed glyphs i can drop the stamina siphoning strikes as the changes give you just about the same regen as siphoning strikes provided

You should give Maw of the infernal a try for at least once. It synergises so good with the build because it functions as a huge mobil LoS taunt. I can't count how many meteors, soul strikes, incaps and other ults that thing took for me. Also the Deadroth applies good pressure in 1v1 situations and many of the super tryhard zerglings are taking enough damage from him without noticing so you can just one shot them with will or even strife :lol:

I think i covered most of it, you can also hit me up in the game @BohnT (german/english)
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 Plague, 5 desert rose (2 swords, 2 rings, 1 belt) 2 slimecrawn (medium + heavy). 3x magrec glyphs and duelwield for the extra blazing dmg. Lord mundus, 64 attri in health, and health+magika 2stat food. Alot of CP in master@arms and Elemental expert.

Should do the tric in a 3-10 man group :D Its way more effective then I wouldve ever imagine.

Oh thx for sharing, maybe I can destroy the prootch zerg with that! ;)
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nirn Destro / infused resto / also works with DW or 2h but they suck this patch due to light attack changes
    Sets: Necropotence, Clever Alchemist (frontbar only), MSA resto, Monster set of choice (no domi needed for stam, you can also to with kena for the lols after some practise)
    Enchants: 3 infused potion cooldown glyphs!!! / Full magicka on body / Beserk glyph on Resto / glyph of choice on destro i used disease, shock, prismatic and fire in the past
    Food: if you run Skoria/ Maw of the infernal or any 1pc health set you can run the green magicka set for 6k mag or just go with Max mag+ whatever you want (no regen nedded)

Skills:

You can drop MSA resto and Rapid regen and slot harness, however i often feel like i don't need harness even when pressured by multiple players as shade is so op this patch.

You can try playing without mistform as snare removal and slot harness to stand your ground or you use the stamina siphoning attacks they give you lots of stam sustain which results in more dodge rolls and you can easily push your stamina over the 5k mark if you made some mistakes before.

Some explanations:
    We are using clever Alchemist because we'll reach a 70% uptime with the potion speed glyphs

We don't need any investment into stamina/ magicka sustain at all as we can chug potions every 21 seconds we can sustain all the time and if it gets difficult we can easily survive until the next potion is ready and then we are back in business.
    I played the same build with DW for a long time and with the new potion speed glyphs i can drop the stamina siphoning strikes as the changes give you just about the same regen as siphoning strikes provided

You should give Maw of the infernal a try for at least once. It synergises so good with the build because it functions as a huge mobil LoS taunt. I can't count how many meteors, soul strikes, incaps and other ults that thing took for me. Also the Deadroth applies good pressure in 1v1 situations and many of the super tryhard zerglings are taking enough damage from him without noticing so you can just one shot them with will or even strife :lol:

I think i covered most of it, you can also hit me up in the game @BohnT (german/english)

That's a cool build idea and sounds really strong. Since I main magblade I want to give it a try. But think of the potion cost!!! :D

I'll have to do a lot of farming before I use 3 pots per minute xD. I'm sure it's so fun to play though.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Skills:

Some explanations:

That's a cool build idea and sounds really strong. Since I main magblade I want to give it a try. But think of the potion cost!!! :D

I'll have to do a lot of farming before I use 3 pots per minute xD. I'm sure it's so fun to play though.

I play with the crappy alliance potions most of the time and only quick swap to the "good" ones when i need them or i do a quick Ic run and kill some pvers who are using that Telvar set and by flowers from the Profit :lol:
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Skills:

Some explanations:

I play with the crappy alliance potions most of the time and only quick swap to the "good" ones when i need them or i do a quick Ic run and kill some pvers who are using that Telvar set and by flowers from the Profit :lol:

Heh alright mate. I just don't ever want to fight you on that spec :D.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Skills:

Some explanations:

Heh alright mate. I just don't ever want to fight you on that spec :D.

As you play solo there is no reason to attack you.
    Where would this world come to if all small scalers would tryhard each other, we got prootch, Boss and the others for that :lol:
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @BohnT

Glad to hear that. :)

And ye, we should focus on killing zergleaders instead of soloers xD.

• SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina based healer Stam warden

Using bone pirate and Hircine with earthgore

I haven't tested it but it sounds cool
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina based healer Stam warden

Using bone pirate and Hircine with earthgore

I haven't tested it but it sounds cool

Or a stamplar with some juicy repentances
    Why do I even try
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina warden , prisoners rags, and salvation, with masters restro staff and be a vampire
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Stamina warden , prisoners rags, and salvation, with masters restro staff and be a vampire

Thats for sure non meta
    Why do I even try
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »

Salvation as a vampire :D . Hehe if you can make that work :P