Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Level jumping

stitchesofdooom
stitchesofdooom
✭✭✭✭
on original release, crafting level changed from item to item as number of materials stayed the same. A curiass cost more materials than a pair of boots so scrolling from Curiass to Boots gave different levels as number of materials stayed the same.

Then you fixed it and the game remebered which level you were crafting. THIS WAS GOOD.

Now it chooses the max level for the material type each time you switch between stations. You made me waste materials. Change it back.
Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
PCMR EU.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pushy ain't ya? Not even a please?

PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    Pushy ain't ya? Not even a please?

just annoyed that they fixed it only to break it again
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ugh...thanks for the heads up. I was so glad when they fixed that, but now it automatically goes to CP160?

I wonder if that's some weird bug introduced when they changed it so that tempers automatically go to 100%.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 22, 2018 7:32PM
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Ugh...thanks for the heads up. I was so glad when they fixed that, but now it automatically goes to CP160?

I wonder if that's some weird bug introduced when they changed it so that tempers automatically go to 100%.

no, it jumps you up to the max level for the material you picked... but not on cp150/160. It's pretty weird tbh.

Apparently it's for people who are too absent minded to remember to set the level they are crafting at when they start crafting for themselves. I think it's supposed to keep up with your level so basically it seems designed specifically for low level and low IQ people :-/
    I get that I must sound quite rude but it's not been changed to suit people with average and above intelligence.

The one good thing is that when improving items it sets the number of improvement materials as close to 100% as you have the materials for. That's literally the only good change to crafting.
    PCMR EU.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

no, it jumps you up to the max level for the material you picked... but not on cp150/160. It's pretty weird tbh.

Apparently it's for people who are too absent minded to remember to set the level they are crafting at when they start crafting for themselves. I think it's supposed to keep up with your level so basically it seems designed specifically for low level and low IQ people :-/
    I get that I must sound quite rude but it's not been changed to suit people with average and above intelligence.

The one good thing is that when improving items it sets the number of improvement materials as close to 100% as you have the materials for. That's literally the only good change to crafting.

Ah...I was unclear in my post. I was just using CP150/160 as an example, so that if you wanted to craft a rubedite sword, it would automatically be 160 whereas before it defaulted to CP150. However, it sounds like it doesn't do that at top tier, but it does with any of the other tiers you pick?

Not sure what you mean that it seems designed for people who can't remember to set the level they are crafting at. If it automatically jumps to the top level, then that affects all players, no? Or does it only jump to the top level if you character is above the level of the material?
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 22, 2018 8:33PM
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah...I was unclear in my post. I was just using CP150/160 as an example, so that if you wanted to craft a rubedite sword, it would automatically be 160 whereas before it defaulted to CP150. However, it sounds like it doesn't do that at top tier, but it does with any of the other tiers you pick?

Not sure what you mean that it seems designed for people who can't remember to set the level they are crafting at. If it automatically jumps to the top level, then that affects all players, no? Or does it only jump to the top level if you character is above the level of the material?

hmm... maybe it does do it if you're above the level material. All I know is it happens when I'm trying to craft for my noob friends. And it is utterly infuriating.
    PCMR EU.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

hmm... maybe it does do it if you're above the level material. All I know is it happens when I'm trying to craft for my noob friends. And it is utterly infuriating.

Yeah...I can certainly understand that. I was so glad when they fixed it before, but it may be bugged now since they changed the improvement to default at 100% (or something else they did bugged it). I can't imagine this is an intended feature, but, you never know with ZOS.

I really hate the new "feature" that any new quest you pick up automatically becomes tracked. I'm someone who likes to pick up side quests along the way while continuing to do a main quest. Now, if I pick something up, I have to go back in to my journal and reselect the quest I actually want to track. Sheesh...what a bad and useless new feature.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah...I can certainly understand that. I was so glad when they fixed it before, but it may be bugged now since they changed the improvement to default at 100% (or something else they did bugged it). I can't imagine this is an intended feature, but, you never know with ZOS.

I really hate the new "feature" that any new quest you pick up automatically becomes tracked. I'm someone who likes to pick up side quests along the way while continuing to do a main quest. Now, if I pick something up, I have to go back in to my journal and reselect the quest I actually want to track. Sheesh...what a bad and useless new feature.

yep, I hate that too. I pick up quests along the way so as to minimize the risk of missing anything. This worse than the One Tamriel update.
    Edited by stitchesofdooom on May 22, 2018 8:44PM
    PCMR EU.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, I have problems with characters who craft at different levels in the various skill lines. If they crafted, for example, a sword at their rank 3 level in smithing, and then went to craft a shield, with rank 5 in woodworking, the material level would be pre-set for rank 3. Crafting in descending rank order avoids the issue, as the higher mats just aren't available.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's not broken. That's you not selecting the right level first before selecting an item. And of course it resets between stations.

You want it to assume because you're making a CP80 curiass that you're not going to make a CP120 staff or CP20 pair of boots?

Once you've chosen the level of an item you wish to make, that's unlikely to change regardless of what piece you're crafting.

Select the level first, then swap to the item, verify (trait too), then craft.

A lower tier mistakes hurts a whole lot less than higher tier one does, considering mat costs.

Would you have been more content if it has made item level too low? Because that's what it used to do.

At least your way, the person can grow into it. The old way, it was decon fodder.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's not broken. That's you not selecting the right level first before selecting an item. And of course it resets between stations.

You want it to assume because you're making a CP80 curiass that you're not going to make a CP120 staff or CP20 pair of boots?

Once you've chosen the level of an item you wish to make, that's unlikely to change regardless of what piece you're crafting.

Select the level first, then swap to the item, verify (trait too), then craft.

A lower tier mistakes hurts a whole lot less than higher tier one does, considering mat costs.

Would you have been more content if it has made item level too low? Because that's what it used to do.

At least your way, the person can grow into it. The old way, it was decon fodder.

what on Nirn are you waffling on about? It was fine before they changed it with the latest patch. When I set a crafting level, all armour and equipment level crafting used to be the same level unless I changed it. How exactly is that less intuitive than the game deciding which level you're gonna craft? It's great that Improvement starts at the max number of improvement materials instead of minimum, but I don't want the game deciding for me what level to craft. I want it to stay where I put it.
    I have almost never had the problem where I crafted the wrong level of gear, and when I did it was becuase the level kept changing as the amounts of the material stayed the same.

I can't believe ANYONE likes this system, other than those who lack the common sense to know to set the level of the gear before they craft. That's Crafting 101!

Once again, one of Zeni's studios dumbing things down to the lowest common demoninator *slow clap*

They could at least make this trainwreck optional. And don't give me the lame retort: "well you don't have to play it".
    PCMR EU.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure this isn't an add-on issue? I didn't hear anything mentioned about it on PTS boards, and wondered if some outside force was changing the crafting settings outside of the game UI.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Are you sure this isn't an add-on issue? I didn't hear anything mentioned about it on PTS boards, and wondered if some outside force was changing the crafting settings outside of the game UI.

Nope, it's an "improvement". I guess PTS players don't craft for lower level players all that much?
    PCMR EU.