The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I have nothing but bad things to say about people who gloat about consoles not having add-ons.

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
If someone has a problem with certain aspects of the game, they have a right to discuss potential changes in the forums. That's one of the main reasons we have the forums in the first place, so people can write feedback. Major issues or minor, all valid concerns should be addressed.

If the person is playing on consoles and the issue they're describing is fixed by a PC add-on, saying things like "lol tough luck" and "PC master race!!!" does not help in the slightest. The current Guild Store UI is atrocious, the Quest Log UI is atrocious, there is no option whatsoever to prevent stealing items that are out in the open, and the fact that PC players get additional help like in-game skyshard and lorebook maps is not fair in the slightest. Yet whenever people point this out, there's always some jackass in the comments who dismisses the post entirely because an add-on fixes it, all the while being as condescending as possible. Know what? NOT EVERYBODY HAS ADD-ONS YOU INCONSIDERATE JERK!

When people gloat about crap like this, it's annoying as hell. [snip]

[edit to remove bait]
Edited by ZOS_MattL on May 22, 2018 1:22PM
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If someone has a problem with certain aspects of the game, they have a right to discuss potential changes in the forums. That's one of the main reasons we have the forums in the first place, so people can write feedback. Major issues or minor, all valid concerns should be addressed.

If the person is playing on consoles and the issue they're describing is fixed by a PC add-on, saying things like "lol tough luck" and "PC master race!!!" does not help in the slightest. The current Guild Store UI is atrocious, the Quest Log UI is atrocious, there is no option whatsoever to prevent stealing items that are out in the open, and the fact that PC players get additional help like in-game skyshard and lorebook maps is not fair in the slightest. Yet whenever people point this out, there's always some jackass in the comments who dismisses the post entirely because an add-on fixes it, all the while being as condescending as possible. Know what? NOT EVERYBODY HAS ADD-ONS YOU INCONSIDERATE JERK!

When people gloat about crap like this, it's annoying as hell. People like this go die in a ditch.

thank you for sharing.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel your pain, on patch day that is, when my add ons aren't patched yet!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that zos should have a lot of add-ons like this in the base game ui, but thankfully I'm on pc
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's sad. In my opinion skyshards, lorebooks and minimap should be ingame features.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear in mind that not all PC players by a long chalk use addons. I've played since launch in 2014 and have never installed a single one.

Personally I regard the inability to take shortcuts through the game with stuff like skyshard and lorebook maps as an asset, not a disadvantage.

However, where I constantly side with the console players is over the trading system. There are very few supporters of the present system who would continue to endorse it if they didn't have the core functions provided by addons. I argued only last week or so for the trading addons to be forcibly disabled for a month followed by a launcher-based poll on the trading system, that way we'd get a fair view on what people really thought of the default system that is all two-thirds of the playerbase can use.

You have a valid point to make, shame you felt it necessary to detract from it with the last sentence.
  • Matei
    Matei
    ✭✭
    Sorry to see you feel that way.
    But Add-ons are just that; optional. Im not using any for this game.