The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

LoreBooks Has Stopped Working.

milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey there!

I know absolutely zero about software, but I thought I'd let the folks who do know that Garkin's LoreBooks add-on has stopped working now that Summerset is live.

I miss it. :(
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's always the same after every major update. Some add-ons will stop working, some will work erratically, some will cause game bugs and some will work perfectly. Just keep checking for updates and most of the popular ones will get updates this week.
  • imrilaoi
    imrilaoi
    ✭✭✭
    You have an option to replace it until its fixed, if it helps:
    Map Pins: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1881-MapPinsSummerset.html - Displays Lorebooks (Collected, uncollected), but not Eidetic Memory. Also displays a ton of other things that you can disable, and is updated with Summerset information (like skyshards and the new relics to collect).

• Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imrilaoi wrote: »
    Map Pins: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1881-MapPinsSummerset.html - Displays Lorebooks (Collected, uncollected), but not Eidetic Memory. Also displays a ton of other things that you can disable, and is updated with Summerset information (like skyshards and the new relics to collect).

It doesn't show uncollected lorebooks at all. At least, I can't get it to.
    I know this because I went to Glenumbra where the Lorebooks addon showed the note "Ilessan Tower" at a crossroads, which I know I missed and don't have due to a bug, and it doesn't show an icon anywhere near there, known or unknown.
    Also, it doesn't show Summerset lorebooks at all.

In fact, it seems to only track lorebooks that count for Mages Guild skill progress.

It seems we still need Lorebooks addon, however flawed it is with incorrect and duplicate locations.
    Anybody got a replacement for the lorebooks addon for Eidetic Memory books and notes?
  • thestud2012
    thestud2012
    ✭✭
    From the ESOUI Lorebooks comment section:

Looks like the GetLoreCollectionInfo() API function can return nil values for some reason. You can prevent the error message by changing line 789 to:

Code:
    if not hidden and totalBooks ~= nil then

Thought this function is used in a few places so it may break at other times/locations.

I just needed to change the one line.
    Edited by thestud2012 on May 22, 2018 7:19AM
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the fix last night before I went to sleep. Worked beautifully.

Thanks, y'all! :)
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope Ayantir is okay. No activity since the beginning of the month on their blog after very regular activity before that.
  • Walting
    Walting
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe someone can update this addon, another author or maybe a new one?!

Ayantir did a great job updating abandoned addons in the past. Lets hope he comes back or someone else will update LoreBooks
  • vecny
    vecny
    Soul Shriven
    From the ESOUI Lorebooks comment section:

Looks like the GetLoreCollectionInfo() API function can return nil values for some reason. You can prevent the error message by changing line 789 to:

Code:
    if not hidden and totalBooks ~= nil then

Thought this function is used in a few places so it may break at other times/locations.

I just needed to change the one line.

the repair that although you partially repair an addon from the old locations that were before the summerset but in the summerset it does not show it
    Edited by vecny on May 24, 2018 7:22PM
  • ntellect_ESO
    ntellect_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Does the edict still work with this line change?
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    What did the line say before so I can search for it as my editor does not show line numbers?
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Lirkin
    If not hidden then

but line 783
    local function BuildLorebooksLoreLibrary()

may be a better to search for

Edited by Gythral on May 27, 2018 9:34AM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    imrilaoi wrote: »

thanks for this :)
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    LoreBooks was updated May 31 and is working again.
    PC NA