Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: some Viking costumes

nickszalinskieb17_ESO
d1854f97ab7660da7d8d3a8bc1f6169dc314280d.jpg
Don't you say they look good?

Just add some Viking costumes to the game, including some shirtless. AND, more importantly, that hairstyles. Would also gladly see a graphics engine update with better shaders for skin and hair - the current ones, especially for hair, look very retro. Worse than Skyrim, I'd say...
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look like a boy-band stranded in the desert.
    Options
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭

Perfectly described.
    Options
  • Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭

Agree :)
    For every player that quits, more will join in my name - Molag Bal 2E 583
    Options
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    Any female viking costumes should be good to "turn happy the sight" just saying.
    Options
  • nickszalinskieb17_ESO
    Ximinetto wrote: »
    Any female viking costumes should be good to "turn happy the sight" just saying.

true too, and more imprortantly, female viking hairstyles.

lagertha_hair.jpg
    Options
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭

true too, and more imprortantly, female viking hairstyles.

lagertha_hair.jpg

Now better.
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can Khajiit make an important plea here?

None of the horns on top of the heads.

That never happened - except in Skyrim.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not so much the pic that was posted, but I would like to see more fur armor. Also, I would really like to see an emote - that shield bang that they do when going into battle. I've also tried to emulate the round colorful shields they use. Already have the bear hat (wolf would be nice too), just need the rest - lol!
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
    Options
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    Offtopic,just for know,how much important kings have the vikings in their era? I mean real life vikings. The first is called Rollo.
    Edited by Ximinetto on May 21, 2018 1:39PM
    Options
  • nickszalinskieb17_ESO

I'd say that all pieces should be "sold separately", so you could make your own composition, just like IRL.

Though "non-horny" Viking helmets should appear too.

Well, the "Nord" outfits from the game shouldn't be compared to vikings - even the furs sometimes look more Celtic or even Asian, than Nordic.
    Edited by nickszalinskieb17_ESO on May 21, 2018 1:40PM
    Options
  • nickszalinskieb17_ESO
    an emote - that shield bang that they do when going into battle
    shield taunt

Already have the bear hat

holy *** where?
    how much important kings have the vikings in their era? I mean real life vikings.

Slavic ones?
    The legends say that Scandinavian kings from middle-ages have roots in Polish kings, though I'd rather say that first Polish kings have Nordic origins - no coincidence that Poland was founded during the Viking Age...
    Options
  • nickszalinskieb17_ESO
    I would like to see more fur armor.

and realistic-looking Viking light armor too - though I guess it's beyond hope with light armor being tied to sorcery...
    Options
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL classic.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • yiasemi
    yiasemi
    ✭✭✭✭
    The legends say that Scandinavian kings from middle-ages have roots in Polish kings, though I'd rather say that first Polish kings have Nordic origins - no coincidence that Poland was founded during the Viking Age...
    Well yes. I understand. One look at those bare midriffs and leather and those kings were like "Hello sailor, found me a dynasty!" I love it when history comes to life.
    Options
  • nickszalinskieb17_ESO
    yiasemi wrote: »
    Well yes. I understand. One look at those bare midriffs and leather and those kings were like "Hello sailor, found me a dynasty!" I love it when history comes to life.

especially if you analyze your genealogy and all traces lead to House of Estridsen or House of Bjelbo...

though damn it, maybe they already have new dynasties, though the Kingdom of Iceland has been illegally annexed to Denmark, so I am the legitimate king of Iceland for sure.

ICELAND BELONGS TO THE N... or wait, it's a republic? Andskotinn!
    Options
  • nickszalinskieb17_ESO
    °So, servers down, everyone back on forum?

Actually, I am related to Olav IV in straight father's line, though his father was from House of Blejbo, joined with House of Estridsen due to personal union.
    Options
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    There use to be skyrim outfits way back before morriwind. But now it’s not in the crown store anymore.
    But let’s see if there would be dlc for west province of skyrim. Then we will see more Viking outfits.
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
    Options
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not so much the pic that was posted, but I would like to see more fur armor. Also, I would really like to see an emote - that shield bang that they do when going into battle. I've also tried to emulate the round colorful shields they use. Already have the bear hat (wolf would be nice too), just need the rest - lol!

Where is this bear hat??
    Options
  • nickszalinskieb17_ESO
    There use to be skyrim outfits way back before morriwind. But now it’s not in the crown store anymore.
    But let’s see if there would be dlc for west province of skyrim. Then we will see more Viking outfits.

Yes, I've even purchased them.

But they are not the real viking outfits. They look... too fancy asian anime.
    Options
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Technically these should fall under the Nordic theme. Nevertheless, I think it would be a nice addition, especially more hair and beard styles with the braids and rings.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »

Where is this bear hat??

Wrothgar. Technically, three of them, and you can't break them off from their associated costumes. But, the option is already there.
    Options
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where is this bear hat??

Wrothgar. Technically, three of them, and you can't break them off from their associated costumes. But, the option is already there.

Was looking through, and think, maybe the Skinchanger hats also could work?
    Options
  • nickszalinskieb17_ESO

Where is this bear hat??

Maybe, it was actually used by skinchangers IRL too. Like shapeshifters.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One female viking outfit is coming saw a lady in summerset with it.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going say no or give sensenable reason why it shouldn't be...but then you added that picture. Well done..=.=
    Options
  • nickszalinskieb17_ESO
    Tasear wrote: »
    I was going say no or give sensenable reason why it shouldn't be...but then you added that picture. Well done..=.=

why no?
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where is this bear hat??

Yeah. At least the light and medium would. Heavy's more clearly armor, but the option exists.
    Options
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

why would the helmets be made without horns if that's how they are historically in the TES universe?
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher
    Options
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

why would the helmets be made without horns if that's how they are historically in the TES universe?

If TES Nord helmets are supposedly based on irl Vikings and Germanic tribes, they are mistakenly using opera helmets instead of realistic/more historical ones. The Aldmeri heavy helms somewhat resemble old Polish Hussar helms, some of which had wings up the sides:
    polish-hussar-helmet-with-wings.jpg

Fear is the Mindkiller
    Options
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

If TES Nord helmets are supposedly based on irl Vikings and Germanic tribes, they are mistakenly using opera helmets instead of realistic/more historical ones. The Aldmeri heavy helms somewhat resemble old Polish Hussar helms, some of which had wings up the sides:
    polish-hussar-helmet-with-wings.jpg

For the ones with horns, Draugr is probably the best and closest to that style. But, yes, the winged helms and also the ones with the rings around the eyes are the real classic Norse helms:

only-existing-viking-age-helmet-norway.jpg
    Options