The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

vAA Chain Lightning

IRDeja
IRDeja
Hi all, was in a vAA last week and was told on the Mage that I needed to put my Pet away as it kills the stamina DD with chain lightning. However, after doing some Googling, I've found a couple people on Reddit saying it was fixed. Anyone have any clarification on the matter?
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not fixed. You can still use your ranged pet, just not the melee one
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet sorcerers are being treated the same way as stamina dds in the latest trials. Pets either die instanly or cause problems to the group. Trials should be more inclusive especially when the gear from loot is needed from all classes.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • IRDeja
    IRDeja
    Thanks Kikehs for the answer. Did some more searching too and others back up what you say.

As for Pet Srocs being treated the same as Stamina DD : I'm not in groups pushing leaderboard runs, just doing Vet runs to get jewels, so nobody is that bothered (so far) aside from this fight, at least on XboxEU. I get into plenty of groups, at least.

The only place I could see myself not taking my Pet is on vAS, but I'm probably gonna look to heal that before I DD it anyway, as heal is my main, I just can't bring myself to heal a random Vet trial group due to bad experiences.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IRDeja wrote: »
    Thanks Kikehs for the answer. Did some more searching too and others back up what you say.

As for Pet Srocs being treated the same as Stamina DD : I'm not in groups pushing leaderboard runs, just doing Vet runs to get jewels, so nobody is that bothered (so far) aside from this fight, at least on XboxEU. I get into plenty of groups, at least.

The only place I could see myself not taking my Pet is on vAS, but I'm probably gonna look to heal that before I DD it anyway, as heal is my main, I just can't bring myself to heal a random Vet trial group due to bad experiences.

Yeah but no one wants your pet shocking them to death, etc.

Why not just learn a no pet build for these instances?
    Edited by Mureel on May 21, 2018 11:40AM
  • IRDeja
    IRDeja
    Mureel wrote: »

Oh, I have/do, which is why I turned it off and used a non-pet rotation during the Mage.

I have no issue switching between the two, just my DPS is higher with a Pet. I was more just wondering if this was fixed, rather than complaining about having to switch. Curiosity, more than anything.

I'd only ever healed vAA before, so never had to consider switching a pet off.

Hopefully, that clears up some confusion.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want even more luls, ask everyone to wear Engine Guardian xD
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Oh, I have/do, which is why I turned it off and used a non-pet rotation during the Mage.

I have no issue switching between the two, just my DPS is higher with a Pet. I was more just wondering if this was fixed, rather than complaining about having to switch. Curiosity, more than anything.

I'd only ever healed vAA before, so never had to consider switching a pet off.

Hopefully, that clears up some confusion.

Oh sry misunderstood ya