The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Kicking around new ideas for seige and emp

Defatank
Defatank
✭✭✭✭
I recently done some /feedback to ZOS and thought I'd share my ideas with the community to kick around and possibly give some additional thoughts to it or possibly better ideas.

1) Do away with "meatbag" catapult, "fire" treb, "lightning" ballistae etc. and lump all these into "Catapult", "Treb", "Ballistae" you would be able to change your ammunition for that eqpt on the fly BUT it would take say 15 sec to change it out where it couldn't be moved / fired while changing.

2) Lump "door, wall, seige" repair kits into "repair kits". These would allow players to repair doors, walls, or even seige. The idea is to promote more people repairing items during and after combat instead of having the mentality of "I dont have an open quick slot" or "my bags are already to full"

3) Modifications to Treb damage and damage area. Make the impact point of a treb rock do significantly increased damage but its a very small area, basically if you're hit by the rock it could very much be a 1 shot. Then from the point of impact of that rock have a cone splash out damage instead of a large radius of damage.

4) For emperor maybe adding some additional emotes such as /sitrubythrone where you character would appear sitting on the ruby throne instead of just like /sitchair. I'm sure we could come up with some additional items here that would ONLY be usable by the reigning emperor of that specific campaign.

5) Lastly for emp and I've harped on this in the past and it also bleeds over into the overall ranking system and eval system. In my opinion Emp should never be about who can no life the longest in cyro. It should be based on a players performance. I think that in order to do this the entire ranking system would have to be redone so that some way ZOS is able to score a player on the amount of damage their doing / healing their doing / amount of damage they're taking, seiging done and damage done, resurrections, etc etc etc. Lump all this information together and produce an effectiveness score that is a moving target. If you're consistently being effective you're going to score high, if you get lazy and just show up for a tick your score will go down. The leaderboard would then be a much more volatile place of players moving up and down on the boards and I think would also make other players feel like they could at least attain being emperor instead of looking at the leaderboards and seeing #1 4 million AP ahead of them.

Adding to this, the eval system being looked at every 1 hour, its crap. This should be consistently looked at and scored upon kind of like the above system I just went over with players. The better an alliance is performing in live time the higher their score will be, the more crappy an alliance performs their score will drop. Again, taking away from this mentality of looking at the leader board score and seeing an alliance is 3000 points ahead, demoralizes a faction and makes them feel like they have 0 chance to catch up.

Anywho, thats about all I have for now, Constructive criticism always encouraged. :) Thanks for reading all.