The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

With staves' only disadvantage being removed, need to make 1h easier to craft/loot/upgrade

krachall
krachall
✭✭✭✭✭
Now that the only disadvantage staves had in the game is being removed, 1h weapons need to be made easier to craft, upgrade, and obtain.

- CP160 should take about half the materials that they do today. It currently costs 120 mats to make a CP160 staff but 200 to make a pair of daggers.
- Upgrading a 1h weapon should take 4 gold materials for 100% chance, not 8. It currently costs 8 expensive gold materials to upgrade a staff and 16 to upgrade a pair of 1h weapons.
- Transmuting a 1h weapon should take 25 crystals, not 50. You can transmute a staff for 50 but it takes 100 to transmute a pair of 1h weapons.
- The drop rate for 1h should be doubled or they should drop 2-at-a-time. It's twice as easy to loot a staff than it is a a pair of 1h weapons or 1h weapon + Shield.
Edited by krachall on May 20, 2018 3:35PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 „but you‘ve got a second enchantment“.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »
    Now that the only disadvantage staves had in the game is being removed, 1h weapons need to be made easier to craft, upgrade, and obtain.

- CP160 should take about half the materials that they do today. It currently costs 120 mats to make a CP160 staff but 200 to make a pair of daggers.
    - Upgrading a 1h weapon should take 4 gold materials for 100% chance, not 8. It currently costs 8 expensive gold materials to upgrade a staff and 16 to upgrade a pair of 1h weapons.
    - Transmuting a 1h weapon should take 25 crystals, not 50. You can transmute a staff for 50 but it takes 100 to transmute a pair of 1h weapons.
    - The drop rate for 1h should be doubled or they should drop 2-at-a-time. It's twice as easy to loot a staff than it is a a pair of 1h weapons or 1h weapon + Shield.

The first 3 should be changed for sure.

For the last one we have to assume that all weapons currently have equal drop rates. I'm not sure if this is the case though (someone might be able to confirm).

That being said, vMA already does this now (you get s&b, 2 daggers, 2 axes, etc.) so I don't see the problem making this a universal rule.
    Inb4 „but you‘ve got a second enchantment“.

But double the materials and soul gems too! ;)
    Edited by brandonv516 on May 20, 2018 3:45PM
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    Omg people will literally find anything to complain about
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, DW and 1H&S still have advantages.

Shield can still have an additional armor enchantment for higher raw stats and more things such as Divines/Impen.

DW can mix and match enchantments, having up to 2, can build nirnhorned mainhand+something offhand.
    (IE Nirn+Infused).

IF Nirnhorned gets nerfed on 1H weapons, and Enchantments have a greater potency on twohanded weapons, then I can see that happening.
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does one side winning automatically means the other side is losing? One handed doesn't need changes, its fine as is.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, sure. Because stamina characters don't have the OP burst, high mobility, snare removal and lightning speed. Sure. Us mag users can't have nice things for once or someone will scream nerf mag.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DW and 2H sword/Axe/Maul have one other advantage over staves - higher weapon damage. This affects spell damage done as well.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll specifically still run DW on some of my builds because I want the higher damage (DW swords + nirnhoned main hand) AND more penetration (off hand sword will be sharpened).

DW will still have its advantages!
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Counting a staff as two slots will indeed benefit staff users. Just as the same change will benefit 2H users. And bow users. That is, the change benefits both mag as well as stam users.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »

^This.^
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly always felt gold temps should be 5 tempers not 8 since fully upgraded crafter its 2 green 3 blue 4 purple 8 gold
  • XxCaLxX
    XxCaLxX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m glad the 2h change finally happened as I spend the same amount of time on mag and stam dps. I do agree that the upgrade cost of 1h weapons should be slightly reduced. Maybe not in half but maybe to 6 temps or something. Idc either way really. I just wish every update didn’t change whether I’ll be using stam or mag dps more. It’s a long time issue but would balancing be so hard to do?
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, right!

I mean, mag players already had the highest real-world DPS (targeting dummies don't matter) because the attack from range. And they already had the best defense. And they already had the easiest gameplay and the easiest soloability. They have it easiest in vMA and they STILL complained and got their staves to count as two items! Geesh...some people!!
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... an epic CP 160 ruby ash inferno staff does 1132 damage, and an epic 1-handed CP 160 rubedite sword does 1132 damage. How is the damage done by the second 1-hander you can carry not an "advantage?"
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »
    Hmm... an epic CP 160 ruby ash inferno staff does 1132 damage, and an epic 1-handed CP 160 rubedite sword does 1132 damage. How is the damage done by the second 1-hander you can carry not an "advantage?"

And yet - who has the highest dps parses? Who got the most raid slots? Are it dw builds or someone with a stick?
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll specifically still run DW on some of my builds because I want the higher damage (DW swords + nirnhoned main hand) AND more penetration (off hand sword will be sharpened).

You know that DW gives you a lot less damage?
    You deal 3% less single or AoE damage depending on your staff chosen and the weaves make up for the pitiful 1.3k penetration from sharpened + with ele drain you have access to major breach which is a debuff not many classes have access to while it also gives you 600 free magregen
    There is no reason to ever use a non staff weapon on a magicka class on an offensive bar.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

You deal 3% less single or AoE damage depending on your staff chosen and the weaves make up for the pitiful 1.3k penetration from sharpened + with ele drain you have access to major breach which is a debuff not many classes have access to while it also gives you 600 free magregen
    There is no reason to ever use a non staff weapon on a magicka class on an offensive bar.

Bomblades.

Dw still gives more raw dmg without looking at the trait. And you can split traits up like he said above.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

Bomblades.

Dw still gives more raw dmg without looking at the trait. And you can split traits up like he said above.

If you go for tether bomb a lightning staff still wins, splitting up traits won't substitute the damage loss of weaves in actual combat.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop talking crazy
  • Wolfenbelle
    Wolfenbelle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, you have overlooked two very important things. 2H weapons are still at a disadvantage because they don't actually use the second slot. They do not get the benefit of:
    • The 5th trait on armor/jewelry sets.
    • A second enchantment like 1H weapons do.
    • An actual shield for defense or weapon for added damage.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    krachall wrote: »

I know, right!

I mean, mag players already had the highest real-world DPS (targeting dummies don't matter) because the attack from range. And they already had the best defense. And they already had the easiest gameplay and the easiest soloability. They have it easiest in vMA and they STILL complained and got their staves to count as two items! Geesh...some people!!

Not true. Any good trial guild will show you DPS of theire members. 4 stams at top, followed by 4 mags.

Just as dummys, Stams outpharse mags there aswell.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • MaleAmazon
    MaleAmazon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do not get the benefit of:
    The 5th trait on armor/jewelry sets.

Not sure exactly what you mean by this, but afaik thats exactly what they do, which was the reason for the change to begin with. If you mean the weapon trait itself afaik 2h have 2x the effect strength of the trait which make them the same as 1h in that regard.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And yet - who has the highest dps parses? Who got the most raid slots? Are it dw builds or someone with a stick?

Dual wield builds have 4/8 dps slots in a trial grp.
    Cleared Trials:

• Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bomblades.

If you go for tether bomb a lightning staff still wins, splitting up traits won't substitute the damage loss of weaves in actual combat.

as a bomb I would rather go DW and get 5% increase too ALL dmg, then go lightning staff and get 8% on AOE only dmg. Because there are allways a few left behind I need to deal with.
    Cleared Trials:

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »

Bomblades.

as a bomb I would rather go DW and get 5% increase too ALL dmg, then go lightning staff and get 8% on AOE only dmg. Because there are allways a few left behind I need to deal with.

You only use AoE to bomb, tether+Sap+Deto.

And if you have to kill people in single target then DW loses again because the weaving of staves is much stronger than 5% extra damage.

There is no reason to use DW on magspecs.
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if anybody mentioned bows as well. No time to read all posts.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup,

if DW, or One Hand and Shield is gonna cost 16 Tempers/Rosin (2 Items) Verse 8 Tempers/Rosin (1 item), then Dual Wield and One Hand and Shield need a slight buff.

And don't tell me, "aww DW already does more damage...", well then it needs to do more..Full Stop..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Yes, sure. Because stamina characters don't have the OP burst, high mobility, snare removal and lightning speed. Sure. Us mag users can't have nice things for once or someone will scream nerf mag.

Damn mag users are such whiners. Play a stam toon if it’s so *** op. I’ve played stam warden, templar, NB, DK, and sorc, as well as magicka tempalr, NB, and now sorc also and I can tell you that the line between the two is constantly shifting. Classes have their issues individually, I can assure you that if say you decide to play a stamina DK you’re gonna get trashed, a stamina sorc you’re going to feel like you have no damage skills and you don’t, if you play a stamplar you’re gonna run outta stam in a few seconds and if you play a warden... well ok warden is strong. Stamina is not just OP in general as so many seem to think.

But to address the OPs post yes it makes perfect sense. The passives of both stamina and magicka 2H weapons/staves are equal to the duel wield passives. But most of the traits are halved, it’s not the fact that you get to enchantments or two traits that people ran DW. It was for the 2 set bonus and the dots. That gap is closing and it makes sense to lower the amount of tempers for 1h weapons.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 21, 2018 11:47AM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »

Dual wield builds have 4/8 dps slots in a trial grp.

We will see about that after the patch rolled out.
  • Rocki
    Rocki
    ✭✭✭
    In before they make it 400 mats to craft a staff, 16 gold mats to upgrade and 100 crystals to transmute.