The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

What do you do waiting for the screen to load?

• jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    never long enough to do anything else
    Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Stare at the screen blankly and contemplate my life.
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Play another game on my iPad
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
    Options
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have actually been able to cook an entire meal while I was waiting for the Cyrodiil load screens.

But I can answer the question with 'all of the above'.
    Options
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read
    Read forums, fanfic, Kotaku, etc.... on my other computer.
    Options
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing
    Scratch my balls.
    Options
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I play thumb war with myself.
    Options
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    Ravereth wrote: »
    What do you do waiting for the screen to load?

anigif_enhanced-14977-1429558980-24.gif

I stare at Hypnotoad
    xf4OXII.png

For some reason...I can't...look....away.....
    Options
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do other things with the computer
    My longest load is when first entering the game. I browse forums, chat on Discord, etc. I haven't timed my in-game load screens but they are usually long enough to lose my attention so I check forums and Discord on the other monitor in short bursts waiting for my character to show up and be able to move around.

I wonder why it takes so long, really. I'm used to only needing a few seconds in my other MMO when I alt-hop or map change. Even launching that other game and fully loading in takes maybe 20 seconds. Granted I had to start playing ESO off my normal HD when my SSD copy borked beyond repair, but I don't think an SSD makes minutes of difference.
    Options
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch TV
    I'm on console, with my PC right next to me also. My load screens are only 5-10 seconds average, with the longest being around 20-30 seconds (and then, about 15 seconds in, it says might be unusually long lol!) And, all my friends I chat with have about the same, so this thread is making me wonder: Are the PC-load times affected by all of the add-ons you guys use? Or...? Why is the PC this way, while console isn't?
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read
    Load screens are 1-2 mins or more. This especially in rawkla. In that time, I can respond to a forum post or create my own thread.
    Edited by Tasear on May 20, 2018 6:25PM
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other: Pray I dont get killed

This made me lol
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
    Options
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put together, cook, and eat something from the crock pot. After that, there's usually just about ten more minutes of waiting.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do other things with the computer
    Tab target out and do something else. With so many long load screens in the gane, I spend more time tabbed out than in it.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 20, 2018 7:11PM
    Options
  • Eeri_Ravencaw
    Eeri_Ravencaw
    ✭✭✭
    Read the forums.
    Avalon wrote: »
    I'm on console, with my PC right next to me also. My load screens are only 5-10 seconds average, with the longest being around 20-30 seconds (and then, about 15 seconds in, it says might be unusually long lol!) And, all my friends I chat with have about the same, so this thread is making me wonder: Are the PC-load times affected by all of the add-ons you guys use? Or...? Why is the PC this way, while console isn't?

I don't use addon so I can't answer that. The longest load time for me is getting in the game, after that is the zone travel and housing teleport in and out. Entering and exiting buildings are usually pretty quick.
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Play candy crush. :D:D:D:D
    Options
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I move my mouse cursor over people's heads and create headwear.
    Options
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing
    I just stare blankly on my screen.

Man, ESO has me wasting a lot of time over the years.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing
    Pray I dont hear the baby screaming
    Options
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Get stoned,smoke a cigarette or both.
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Vape, check phone or have a drink.

I tried doing a shot every loadscreen in PVP before..... I passed out after puking on my controller :/
    Edited by pod88kk on May 21, 2018 9:12AM
    Options
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Other.
    Open up my tablet and play Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. Talk to some villagers, go fishing...
    Options
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Other.
    Open up my tablet and play Animal Crossing Pocket Camp. Talk to some villagers, go fishing...
    And later sleep a little.

Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    If it's in Cyrodil, all of them, and I'm still loading.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
    Options
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing
    I know I am in the minority here, but my loading screens are nowhere near long enough to actually do anything in the meantime. Even going into Cyrodiil isn't all that bad for me.

But kudos to those who fit in the time for some healthy exercise while they wait :lol:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
    Options
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    I know I am in the minority here, but my loading screens are nowhere near long enough to actually do anything in the meantime. Even going into Cyrodiil isn't all that bad for me.

But kudos to those who fit in the time for some healthy exercise while they wait :lol:

I dub thee, Sir SSD.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
    Options
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I look at a video of Undertaker walking to ring. Once he's there I switch back to ESO and it's still loading.
    Options
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Pray that it doesn't bug into that infinite loading screen glitch.
    Options
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Tasear wrote: »
    Load screens are 1-2 mins or more. This especially in rawkla. In that time, I can respond to a forum post or create my own thread.

1-2 mins. Sounds like something wrong with your pc that's outrageous.

Personally mine are no more the 5 seconds any longer and something fubar with the game. So not enough time to do anything pruductive.
    Options
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch TV
    I always have a tv-show or a football game running on my laptop while playing
    Options