Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

If I respec mid-research but reinvest points immediately, how will the research timer be affected?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Heard that if you respec your points mid-research the timer increases to what it would've been at without the perks. If I reinvested the perks immediately, would the timer go back to where it was before I respecced? I'm curious because I have some serious edits to do to my build, but I'm in the middle of researching stuff.
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I reinvested the perks immediately, would the timer go back to where it was before I respecced?

Yes.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on May 19, 2018 12:07PM
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    It works like this: The game simply records your time researching a trait. And when you reach a certain time, the trait counts as researched. The passives affect that time needed, not the time you researched the item, so you don't lose progress on it.
    So let's say the trait takes 8 days and you have a 25% reduction, then it only takes 6 days. You researched for 4 days, so your game shows you "2 days remaining". You respec your points, and the time needed goes back to 8 days, and your game shows you "4 days remaining". You relearn the passive, it's "2 days remaining" again.