The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Looking for assistance with severe PS4 connectivity issues

ArchStanton48
Good Morning ESO community,

I'm in day 6 of having severe connectivity issues with ESO on the PS4. For some background I've been playing since early December with relatively little issue until 6 days ago. My home internet is as follows: Centurylink DSL 40MB download and 5MB upload. Purchased Centurylink modem and am not using the router built-in function due to it being upstairs and not receivng a good signal downstairs. Thus I use a Google wifi mesh system with 3 mesh wifi routers. One of which is downstairs ethernet connected to my ps4. My typical internal speed tested from the PS4 this week has been about 29MB download and 2.4MB upload. When I try wifi it is less than that.

Starting 6 days ago about every other time I traveled in game i would be booted from the game to the login screen. At that point I would try again to login and receive the unable to login message or the message that i needed a valid internet connection. Sometimes after multiple tries I could get back in. Sometimes I had to close the application or restart the PS4 entirely. I've had some occasional periods of time where an hour or two would go by with no issues. Then I would start getting booted again and unable to log back in. The problem has been a little worse since the first day. Two days ago I was blue screened 4 times with the unexpected error and the game crashed.

Here are the changes I've made based upon help topics from ESO and PS4 along with other players giving advice: I've tried both an ethernet connection to my mesh wifi router and I've tried wifi. I've deleted the application data on my ps4. I've assigned a static IP to my PS4 from my Google router. I've forwarded up all ports suggested by ESO. I've rebooted my modem twice and my router 3 times. I've powered off my PS4 and removed all connections to it. I've cleaned the disc. The problem has not lessened to this point so I downloaded the game onto my older PS4. Yesterday, with this new game download I played for two hours with no interruptions and thought my problem was solved. However, later last night I was booted while trying to travel and was unable to reconnect after that. I eventually was able to log back in but then was booted again. Different PS4 with same issues. I received a reply from Bethesda/ESO help ticket which suggested I do all of the things I've already done above. They suggested I reach out to PS4. I went to the PS4 page and it suggested nothing new but directed me back to the game manufacturer or my ISP. I talked with my ISP (Centurylink) last night who said they do not help with issues like this as it has nothing to do with them.

I'm at a point where I want to ask the community are there players that have been forced to quit the game because they simply cannot connect and for no known reason like this? I have a high speed connection and stream all of my TV and video with no issues whatsoever. I do not have anybody else or anything else sharing my connection. When I play ESO there is nothing else using my internet other than my phone and a couple devices that are not downloading any large amounts of data. My connection issues seems strictly related to ESO. The last thing I've considered trying is purchasing a static IP from my ISP. This would cost me $75 one time fee and then $20 each month as a lease. That's quite a commitment. Is there anybody else who has suggestions on things to try as nothing has worked so far for me. Again I've been playing for five months nearly issue-free and now it's almost unplayable. I can't play any dungeons for fear of getting kicked out at any moment. I appreciate any suggestions or help.

Regards,

Arch_Stanton48 PS+ and ESO+ member
  • ArchStanton48
    Issues appears to have resolved itself.. with restoration magic. Time will tell if it is permanent.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I talked with my ISP (Centurylink) last night who said they do not help with issues like this as it has nothing to do with them.

Actually it does. I’m rather insulted by their treatment of your business and I don’t even do business with them.

Also why do you have to pay for a static IP????

I just logged into my router(Verizon FiOS branded) and assigned the IP to the PS4.

Is this plan from the ISP include any kind data cap??
  • ArchStanton48
    I talked with my ISP (Centurylink) last night who said they do not help with issues like this as it has nothing to do with them.

Actually it does. I’m rather insulted by their treatment of your business and I don’t even do business with them.

Also why do you have to pay for a static IP????

I just logged into my router(Verizon FiOS branded) and assigned the IP to the PS4.

Is this plan from the ISP include any kind data cap??

This could be the result of limited internet service choice in my area. Many people complain about them but there is only one viable alternative and it's cable internet ran by a cable company who is notoriously bad with their customer service.

Regarding static IP, I'm not an expert on this stuff by any stretch but I was able to assign a static IP via my router to my Playstation 4. However, I had the understanding that the IP addressed assigned to my home was dynamic and to have a true static IP to my home I would have to obtain that from the ISP which in my cases charges the price I quoted above. From what I researched online it appears many ISPs charge for that "service."

There is no data cap on my plan thankfully. I'm sure that will be coming down the road as ISPs look to rake in more money. I'm surprised they haven't went to that model already.