Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

looking for good, intimidating Nord helmet

myrakrista
myrakrista
Soul Shriven
I want the helms to look like these

Nord.jpg
latest?cb=20150510064203

But instead we get helmets that make us look like cows! MOOoooOO MoooOOOooo. The horns are ridiculously large and the proportions are just wrong!

eso-nord-dwarven-heavy-armor-set-level-44-4.jpg

Why Zeni? Why??? :(
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one I've seen that looks like this:

latest?cb=20150510064203

is this:

Dragon-Warrior-Male-Close-Front.jpg

Dragon Warrior costume. Very Dovahkiin. If I remember correctly, it was available as part of the Reaper's Harvest crates last year, and on console they also had a free code that came with Skyrim Special Edition that also included a horse.
    PC-NA Goat
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also there's a couple others in Outfitting styles you can apply and use:

Nord Hide/Rawhide helmet:

Nord-Hide-Female-Close-Front.jpg

Nord Iron/Steel helmet:

Nord-Steel-Female-Close-Front.jpg

PC-NA Goat
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For my bird I used one of the orc heavy helms looks like has axe head on fronnfor head butting and tassle in top
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Hey there, @myrakrista.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble finding a helmet you like. In situations like these, we like to recommend visiting https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/

While not an official site, it is a great source for checking out different armor and weapon styles. Hopefully you can find something that works for you.
    Staff Post
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The overall size of Nord helmets, Dark Elf helmets, and a few others need to be reduced. They are simply too large.
    Edited by jlmurra2 on May 17, 2018 10:29PM
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Hey there, @myrakrista.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble finding a helmet you like. In situations like these, we like to recommend visiting https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/

While not an official site, it is a great source for checking out different armor and weapon styles. Hopefully you can find something that works for you.

Yeah the pics I posted are from ESO Fashion.
    PC-NA Goat
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord armor in general is poorly done. As well as all Nord housing and Nord Racials are pathetic at best. I say this as a faithful son of Skyrim.

#MAKENORDSGREATAGAIN.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreadhorn helm looks good, has horns so ticks those boxes..

Bloodforge also looks decent.

Draugr is nice too.

Base motifs are awful but those 3 are worth looking into if you're looking for something good and nordy
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the shield.. not the tiny little coaster zos gave us for nords.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss being able to see my characters eyes through helmets :(
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dreadhorn heavy is a solid choice, the shield is very nord too.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That nord hero costume in the dwarf crown crates is the best i've seen sadly its locked behind some serious RNG
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    That nord hero costume in the dwarf crown crates is the best i've seen sadly its locked behind some serious RNG

That is currently in the crown store available with gems if you have any
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Salty_ wrote: »
    Nord armor in general is poorly done. As well as all Nord housing and Nord Racials are pathetic at best. I say this as a faithful son of Skyrim.

#MAKENORDSGREATAGAIN.

You don't pvp.
  • deleted005294
    I would go draugr medium. Not perfect, but close enough imo.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, but the helmets are fine. It's just that people create skinny short characters or friendly-look toons and then expect helmets to still look good and fierce on them.

So @myrakrista, if you put the helmet of your first image in a skinny short character it will look bad too, I can bet on that! And the helmet on your second image has light effects over a dark environment. I'm positive that if you put any helmet existent in TESO on your character and recreate that same dark/light effect of your second example, it will look fantastic too.

Put a helmet on a big muscular angry-look hero and then put the same helmet on a skinny little friendly assistant and tell me if the helmet looks the same.

Edited by Dragonnord on May 18, 2018 4:23PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Zos bring back the " Pay To Lose " tab in Crown store. Love the Bucket Helmet for armor and Broom for doing damage
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Hey there, @myrakrista.

Nords just need an armor revamp like the orc and redguard seriously need horns and fur that looks like fur...
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    neverwalk wrote: »
    Hey Zos bring back the " Pay To Lose " tab in Crown store. Love the Bucket Helmet for armor and Broom for doing damage

Omg zos add those to the style tabs