Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

A lesson for Cyrodiil

• poietin
    poietin
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil offers AvA game mode for those that want to participate. A lot of people are aware of the strategy you have suggested but choose not to care because fighting in a large group taking keeps and fighting NPC's at resources is boring af. Cyrodiil is also a great place for small scale or solo PVP and the strategy needed for the said game modes are drastically different. A lot of us just want to PVP; keeping score really means nothing to us. If my group is having fun farming at a resource then that's the most important thing I care about.

Just an observation, anytime someone starts a thread with an over zealous, holier than thou, smarter than everyone and right about everything attitude, the discussion will quickly get derailed and locked.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Quotes. Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something

He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know.
    Lao Tzu

something i wish you would practice more often when stalking around the forums especially threads that i post or post on.

It seems you have much to study.
    Some other Lao Tzu lines you may wish to consider.

"He who talks more is sooner exhausted"
    "Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment"

They may help you with your replies.

I like to speak to most people in a language and level they can understand in order to make sure my point is not misinterpreted. I so hope that short and concise responses are easily and universally understood by all readers. If you have nothing to contribute to the thread please stop trolling it. You are aware the topic is about strategies for fighting two front wars. Which was designed after the Napoleonic War which was meant to teach combat strategies based on the 1990 War College model of Western civilization. Perhaps you should reflect more on the topic instead of submitting / interjecting bad commentary because the topic exceeds your ability to comprehend. I'm just thinking if you have nothing new to offer the actual topic you have chosen to say something irrelevant.

Sorry for the delayed reply, was travelling home from work.. as I'm sure you know "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." :)

It seemed you were happy enough to discuss philosophy when you were the one attempting to post it. Its always interesting when someone who likes to appear intellectual how quickly that veneer can fade once challenged. I'm not sure Plato would be proud.
    Much like the war strategy often displayed in Cyrodiil, especially by certain leaders who will remain a'nonymous .

You want to discuss Napoleon's tactics. Sure. He created very strong small units; something which many of us have been practising (not just preaching) for a long time. However he attempted to invade and control multiple countries (resources), annoying everyone who then banded together against him and ultimately met a force (Russia) who he could not conquer vastly due to being unprepared for the fight.

You may wish to make a more considered reply. Remember.

"The best fighter is never angry."

Since we are in that pissing contest that you so thoughtfully provoked. To what degree would you like to discuss western and eastern philosophy or political thought. While i try to remain generalistic, I am equally equipped to banter back and forth with you. So please lets begin, I would love to refresh my graduate course study with you. Do you want to start by dating your "hero" and discuss the interpretation of the writings. Or would you like to jump in and begin with the arguments of the interpretive writings. You have my undivided attention. I'll gladly yield the podum for you to make your thesis.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Since this thread seems to have gone downhill, we've felt it necessary to close it. For further discussions please be sure to post more constructively and respectfully to prevent thread closure and action on one's own account. Keep in mind that flaming and baiting are both against the Forum Rules.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.