The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Meetup w/ Devs in Los Angeles

• Etienne_et_Isabeau
    I'm interested
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »
    I will be there. Looking forward to it!

hmmmm, for some reason i thought you were located in australia or new zealand...

i mean - it's not like i'm keeping a detailed spreadsheet containing frequent posters' information gleamed through careful screening of everyone's posts...

V7fV0Y3.jpg

cuz, yeah - that'd be pyscho :p

I live in Los Angeles. I’m pretty keen to stay in this city mate, nah yeah.

But there are videos of me doing terrible fake kiwi or ‘strayan accents, and due to the fact that I’m a night owl, many of the people who watch me stream are Australian (or in the oceanic time zone).

you know - i think it may just have been a vid i seen that made me think that - well - your accent can't be that terrible - cuz it fooled me :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    We want lawrence!

that young man is most certainly living the life :)

3xp1131bq4t698vt2qol.jpg

Edit: hmmmm, just noticed - exactly what kind of fire hazard is going on at the desk :p

if i'm working at zenimax - put me by the door if larry is gonna be lighting *** up at his desk...

Why does the mage man need a typewriter and a PC keyboard?

(looks closely at those maps for anything that looks like Elsweyr ...)

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

howdy santie - i just got to say - i wuz super impressed with how you handled the spa resort thread...i was kind of shocked to see all the trolling that was going on in there...some of it - a little crazy...

normally you get the mother theresa treatment in response to your posts - that wasn't happening there, not by a long shot...

and you know what - you handled it like a pro - go santie, go santie :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Selthia
    Selthia
    ✭✭✭
    I'm interested in coming to this meet up.
  • GodlessInSoCal
    I would love to meet you guys! Yipee... I am close to something this time.
    GodlessInSoCal - Xbox NA - PVP: Shor - CP: 1068 - Main: StamSorc/ Magplar Healer/ MagSorc +5 others
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In Los Angeles, can anything truly be considered “close”?

Hehe
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mysticman wrote: »
    I live in West Hollywood so I would love to come and meet rich and ask what happen to spellcrafting. ;)

In retrospect, I kinda wish I'd asked someone about that, when I had the chance.
  • Irissa
    Irissa
    ✭✭
    I'm interested this would be awesome!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will we get any compensation for attending? :D
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    send me the time and directions, live is so cal, and no VA appt on sunday
  • GodlessInSoCal

In Los Angeles, can anything truly be considered “close”?

Hehe

Well it is only 45 miles to downtown but I am not in LA county. Where I use to live, I would have to drive a couple hundred miles to do something like this. I consider that close.
    GodlessInSoCal - Xbox NA - PVP: Shor - CP: 1068 - Main: StamSorc/ Magplar Healer/ MagSorc +5 others
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I shouldn't miss my sons birthday for this.
  • Vincelex
    Vincelex
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds awesome would love to meet up
    @Vincelex
    Dracarys
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear what you actually get is a table where the devs are supposed to be but if you want to actually speak to the devs you have to open some crates to have a chance at being able to pose a question.

Seriously though, I hope people use the opportunity to voice concern about the over-monetization direction the game is going in. Perhaps directly being put on the spot might give the devs the jolt they need to stop abusing the player base before things reach a point they can't come back from (EA with star wars for example).
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So will anyone that attends going to ask the usual useless questions that are asked during esolive?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So will anyone that attends going to ask the usual useless questions that are asked during esolive?

it's still a little early - but, i'm already thinking about a few items i'd like to hear discussed:

- direct access to imperial city
    - allow rezzing at any friendly alliance platform within the IC districts
    - boost AP gains in IC
    - institute a faction switching timer for cyrodiil/IC
    - game performance in cyrodiil
    - guild trader search option on consoles - in particular separating motifs into: complete book, armor, weapon

- now that 2 handers, bows and staves count as two weapon slots > zos, could you please open up the loot tables again so sets like markmans crest and sword swinger drop a variety of weapons, and, shields too

need to figure out how to get all that composed in to a 10 to 15 word question :)
    Edited by geonsocal on May 20, 2018 4:20AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can someone ask them if Maelstrom, Arena, and Asylum weapons are going to be changed now that two-handed weapons count as two set items?
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry everybody, we're just gonna use this opportunity to ask them about their family life and their political views. Devs are people too!
  • Aphadon
    Aphadon
    Soul Shriven
    That sounds amazing, I'd love to meet you guys. Really looking forward to E3 this year!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Sorry everybody, we're just gonna use this opportunity to ask them about their family life and their political views. Devs are people too!

I thought they were factotums? :D

Apostle-Iron-Male-Close-Front.jpg
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm I doubt that the ZOS reps there will be able to share more balance questions and concerns with us than they would on ESO love.. it’s not like the attendees are carefully selected game testers - were just people who live in LA.

All of my “hard hitting” questions will focus around what craft beers are the most popular in Maryland and why, oh god WHY the cargo shorts? What’s in the pockets???
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell them we want a Black feathered court pet, not just an emote!
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To whomever is going to the meetup:

Please ask them when our existing characters will be able to get the skillpoints from the Morrowind and Summerset tutorials.
  • SoupDragon
    SoupDragon
    ✭✭✭
    I wish. Well, if you're ever in Korea...
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I think a visit to the UK is long overdue :):):)
  • TheSweetLizard
    TheSweetLizard
    Soul Shriven
    Make a Skype conference so I can visit too :(
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear what you actually get is a table where the devs are supposed to be but if you want to actually speak to the devs you have to open some crates to have a chance at being able to pose a question.

Seriously though, I hope people use the opportunity to voice concern about the over-monetization direction the game is going in. Perhaps directly being put on the spot might give the devs the jolt they need to stop abusing the player base before things reach a point they can't come back from (EA with star wars for example).

you still think it's the devs who're to blame for this? maybe American business structure is harder to understand than i thought, but that's still not the right venue for voicing this concern. you're looking for a shareholder meeting, not a developer outreach program. that'd be like seeing a guy on the side of the road fixing a pothole and telling him all about how your property taxes are too high.
  • jarlragnar
    jarlragnar
    ✭✭✭
    I'm about 20 mins from los angels, would love to go
  • mongoLC
    mongoLC
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds awesome.
    Edited by mongoLC on May 26, 2018 1:19AM
  • Dolnor
    Dolnor
    ✭✭✭
    I would but it is a long drive from San Diego to Los Angeles and costly now that gasoline here costs $3.50-3.75/gallon. My 26 year old truck (at 22mpg) would cost me $40 round trip. It would be worth it if I got a free lunch + a beer or E3 day-pass! -)

Otherwise I would be just sitting in the back listening...

TQQdles™,

Dolnor Numbwit
    Eternal Testing Newbie
    Member, The Older Gamers (TOG)