Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question from sorta returning player: should I buy summerset

teiselaise
teiselaise
✭✭✭
Hey, so I played a whole lot of eso in the past. Last time was yesterday because I saw I could get some Morrowind mount if I logged in, I had a 2 months break. So what are you guys thoughts about it? I'm mainly a pvp player, but I also like questing from time to time, not really into trials but I do some vdungeons.
I also heard they started some new model where they let eso plus players play the dlc a year later, should I just wait?
Argonian masterrace
  • ramenwaifu
    ramenwaifu
    ✭✭
    Morrowind mount? did you mean pet? you get a free pet if you have morrowind currently bought.if you preorder summerset you get a senche mount. i preordered summerset because honestly, the jewelery crafting + new skill line seems useful. not sure what the new model is but summerset and morrowind are chapters, not dlc, so eso + members cannot play them without buying them on the store. but besides that, i think the skill line and new crafting should help you in pvp, so if you want to boost your stats etc, then i reccomend it. also summerset looks aesthetically amazing :)
    NA PSN: Abymen
    g's waifu
    Thottie I Magplar I AD
    Tharjae I Warden I Tank I AD
    Mat'ilda I Stamblade I DC
    console peasant
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you currently own (including if you gain the free copy from pre-ordering Summerset) Morrowind then by logging in you can qualify for the Vvardvark pet.

As for buying Summerset it depends what you want from the game. It's more story content and zone, a new skill line, jewellery crafting access and a new trial.

All PvP stuff is based game and doesn't gain from Summerset (apart from skill lines).

Morrowind (zones + story, not Warden) is moving to ESO+, so if you're an ESO+ member then you will gain old expansions a year late if they continue that trend.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got NIX-OX mount from MW
    Edited by neverwalk on May 17, 2018 2:06PM
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes buy Summerset now, before Monday-as Monday is release day for PC.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jewelry crafting is too good to pass up imho
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd give it a few weeks/months then buy it for $20 on sale.
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers, I think I'm gonna buy it later today, forgot about a lot of features like the skill line, seems worth it for me then, thanks again :)
    Argonian masterrace
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    depend... jewelry crafting is tons of grind.. summerset is not that big and filled with inaccessible mountain.. true there are several pre order bonus, but they will be in crown store later.. unless you don't have morrowind i wouldn't recommend getting it...