Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Bit of a newb

Daleb13
Daleb13
Soul Shriven
I know you have probably all read questions like this a million times. But after watching a fair few YouTube videos and reading guides I still just feel as if I need some more information from people who have been playing the game a long time.
Basically I just got into eso last month and I love it and can really see myself playing for some time. I have a crafting character and my main is going to be a stam dps I think once i find a build. Everyday when I hop on and play I do my daily dungeons and make sure I have stuff researching, then do my crafting writs if I can. Then maybe a quest or 2.
But I feel as there are parts of the game I'm not making the most off or just dont doing, as there is so mich to do its kind of overwhelming. Any tips or advice on what you think I should do more of or start doing would be great or any advice really.
If you just read all of that then I appreciate it and am grateful for any helpful responses. Thanks i play on xbox one in the europe servers.
Edited by Daleb13 on May 15, 2018 5:10PM

Best Answer

• MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    That sounds like you pretty much have it down. The main alliance quests (ebonheart, daggerfall, and aldermi dominion) and the harborage main quest line are the ones I'd work on. Take your time with these and enjoy it the 1st time, there's really no rush. After you finish your alliance quests then you will get cadwells silver and then caldwells gold which let you play through the other 2 alliance quests. Everything you're doing is good!! The crafting takes awhile make sure you're deconstructing especially the intricate stuff. Doing the daily dungeons is a good way to get xp. Have you tried the public dungeons and delves? There's 1 public dungeon and usually 6 delves in each zone. Delves have sky shards, and public dungeons have sky shards and always a skill point boss. :)
    Edited by MarleyRain on May 15, 2018 4:52PM
    Answer ✓
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On new toons or new guys i suggest this in terms of getting good XP, and enjoying the game naturally.

- main quest line
    - alliance quest line
    - clear zones of Skyshards, delves, lore books (if magika), public dungeon group event, dolmens
    - do mages guild questline, and fighters
    - go Cyrodiil and at least do siege Intro etc for easy skill points (or stay and embrace PvP!
    - imp City is a cool hybrid DLC with longevity / replay appeal
    - Wrothgar is the best DLC zone with cool quest line and Maelstrom arena
    - if you like thieving do Thieves guild DLC
    - if you like stabbing folks do dark brotherhood
    - personally unsure on the value of the other DLCs and dungeon packs its personally preference.

Do writs, level crafting as you can. But doing ALL crafts will drain skill points. Decon all gear you can to level metal/wood/cloth/enchanting and research traits now that takes a while.

Also try to find like minded folks in game or here and join a guild or two. One or two with a trader is cool then you have easy access to their wares from the bank and can sell

Also post your region / platform in the OP folks will help.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Daleb13
    Daleb13
    Soul Shriven
    MarleyRain wrote: »
    That sounds like you pretty much have it down. The main alliance quests (ebonheart, daggerfall, and aldermi dominion) and the harborage main quest line are the ones I'd work on. Take your time with these and enjoy it the 1st time, there's really no rush. After you finish your alliance quests then you will get cadwells silver and then caldwells gold which let you play through the other 2 alliance quests. Everything you're doing is good!! The crafting takes awhile make sure you're deconstructing especially the intricate stuff. Doing the daily dungeons is a good way to get xp. Have you tried the public dungeons and delves? There's 1 public dungeon and usually 6 delves in each zone. Delves have sky shards, and public dungeons have sky shards and always a skill point boss. :)

When you say public dungeon is that not what I do when I do my daily dungeons?
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    If when you say doing your "daily dungeon" you mean with the group finder and undaunted xp bonus then no public dungeons are different they are soloable once you get to a certain skill level and there are usually other people running around to help. If you go to davons watch on the far right of the docks there is crows wood, that is a public dungeon. They usually have 4 bosses and 1 skill point boss, and a skyshard. Hope this helps :)
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xBettridge wrote: »

Public Dungeons aren't instanced like group dungeons are, so you will encounter other people in them. They are slightly harder than Delves, but easier than group dungeons. List in the link below

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Public_Dungeons
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2400CP
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xBettridge wrote: »

Group dungeons are dungeons that take place in dedicated private instances where generally, 4 players are required to clear. They are the traditional mmo "dungeons" of eso. Elaborate boss mechanics, generally straight forward. When you use the group finder, those are the dungeons you are completing.

Public dungeons are essentially delves on steroids. Ie they are public instances where anyone can enter from the over world and help clear. For lower level players they are generally too hard to solo and usually require the efforts of multiple players.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a guild. You can chat via text or mic in real time while playing the game. Most guilds are pretty upstanding and have many members and officers eagerly answering all your questions and guiding you along the way. You will also get members who will help get you through trouble spots, stuck on a quest or rally in for the boss pits.