The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Chest loot in trials/dungeons

jcr
jcr
Soul Shriven
Hello,

Was searching to find an answer to the looting system in trials and dungeons. I am not talking about dead npc, but about containers like chests, havy sacks, sacks, backpacks, crates, kegs, barrels and so on.
If someone loots X items from a container , does that container have X items less for the others to gather? I found on PUG runs some members cryingout to the rest of the group to disable autolooting because they were not getting anything. I personally don't hv autoloot on and as a non eso+ member I manage my in by not looting just anything. On the other hand I think that containers have the same initial items for everybody to get regardless if someone already looted that( at least for chests).

Would you be so kind to clarify this for me ? Are this containers all alike or have a difference for looting ? Would it be possible that a looter with autoloot empty everything in a trial or dungeon and leave only npc loot for the others? I really hope not but want to verify if those that raged about this were right.

Best Answers

• Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All containers in dungeons and trials are instanced, including chests and heavy sacks. Everyone gets to loot the heavy sack. One person picks the lock on the chest and everyone will get loot from it. Everyone gets loot from the boss. Not everyone will get the same item but everyone will get the same loot table.

I can’t imagine what those pugs were talking about, crying about autolooting. If all the containers were empty to them it was a bug and had nothing to do with the rest of the group looting or not looting.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    All containers in dungeons and trials are instanced, including chests and heavy sacks. Everyone gets to loot the heavy sack. One person picks the lock on the chest and everyone will get loot from it. Everyone gets loot from the boss. Not everyone will get the same item but everyone will get the same loot table.

I can’t imagine what those pugs were talking about, crying about autolooting. If all the containers were empty to them it was a bug and had nothing to do with the rest of the group looting or not looting.
    Note that the chest or bag stays until all has looted it and if you has already looted it you can interact but will not get loot.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chests are also instanced for things like the treasure hunter passive, so only the person who has the passive benefits. Its makes no difference whether they open the chest or not, another common dungeon chest misconception.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • jcr
    jcr
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with all of you. Thank you for this confirmation.
    Options
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    In a way I can understand the PUGS. Ignorance, pure and simple, and that's NOT an insult, used in this way. First time ever in a dungeon I saw the other 3 crowded round a chest, and I thought "Good luck to whoever picks the lock." Then one of the others indicated I should loot the chest. Till that point I thought that whoever picked the lock got the loot. That guy also kind of stood over me to make sure I looted what was to loot. If he didn't move on, there was something I had not looted. They knew it was my first time, though.
    Options